Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
17,217 Posts
I'm currently binging on Insatiable on Netflix. It automatically started one day when I left the tv running in the background. I'm so hooked. It is a super entertaining TV show. Unexpectedly so.
I love that show! It is so weird, so different, so completely irreverent! Season 2 wasn't as good to me, but I still watched all of it.

I just binged Un Natural Selection over the weekend. Which is about gene editing in animals and people. Terrifying and fascinating! Not sure I would recommend it but I did enjoy it.

Also recently binged Living With Yourself. Two thumbs up!

(all 3 of these are on Netflix, btw)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Not sure of new ones but ones Ive liked;

Dexter (just dont watch the complete garbage last season)
Breaking Bad --all of it good. A rarity
Justified--most of it good. Tapered off at the end but didnt hold on too long like many shows

Currently watching Orange is new Black with wife. Kinda meh for me. Started out interesting but kinda losing interest.

Considered putting Game of Thrones on but because of the way it ended, I wouldnt recommend the series to anyone. Kinda sad.

edited to add:

Always Sunny in Philadelphia. HILARIOUS. Crude and not for everyone.

·
Registered
19,268 Posts
We binged “the good place” recently. Not my kind of show at all, but they actually got into some cool philosophical stuff.

Game of Thrones, of course. True Blood. Typewriter is very good - it’s like an Indian version of Stanger Things that’s funny. Oh, and Stranger Things of course.

We’re watching Outlander. The wife likes it a lot more than I do, but there’s enough action and nudity to keep me watching it. Loved Downton Abbey. Mad Men.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Curb your Enthusiasm (hbo)
Arrested Development (Netflix)
Ozark (Netflix)
Legion (my wife and I loved this show, 3 seasons, wrapped up, very bizarre and interesting) (fxx - not sure)
Room 104 (hbo)
Lodge 49 (TBS)
It's Always Sunny in Philadephia (hulu)
Futureman (Hulu)

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Netflix:
- Stranger Things: Mysterious things happen to a group of kids
- Ozark: Mild-mannered family man gets involved with drug dealers
- Doctor Foster: Woman gets revenge on her cheating husband
- Easy: Anthology series of people in Chicago and their lives. Some interesting relationship scenarios.

Amazon:
- The Amazing Mrs Maisel: 50's housewife becomes comedian

HBO:
- Big Little Lies: Moms in Monterey murder and mischief mystery
- Years and Years: Forward looking political drama

·
Super Moderator
5,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love all of the great suggestions.

I watched the first couple of seasons of the The Tick on Prime, and the first season of The Boys and Jack Ryan. Can't wait for the upcoming seasons.

On Netflix we've binged The Office and Lucifer. Oh and Altered Carbon rocks!

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Just binged Unbelievable. Wow. Such a sad yet powerful performance by Kaitlyn Dever. Based closely on true events that gave rise to a Pulitzer prize winning article,the subject matter was handled in such a caring way. Would highly recommend this to one and all.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Just binged Unbelievable. Wow. Such a sad yet powerful performance by Kaitlyn Dever. Based closely on true events that gave rise to a Pulitzer prize winning article,the subject matter was handled in such a caring way. Would highly recommend this to one and all.

Unbelievable is excellent! Truly sad what happened to these women.

Reactions: TBT

·
Registered
17,217 Posts
There are couple of really good docuseries on Netflix I have enjoyed immensely, but they are really dark, sad, scary, creepy, or otherwise horrible in ways that I'm not sure if other people want to see that stuff.

The Keepers

Evil Genius

Making a Murderer

Surviving R. Kelly

·
Registered
583 Posts
Just finished watching Goliath on Amazon Prime. Billy Bob Thornton is really good in this one, and my wife and I love the quirkiness of the series.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts