Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a rocky few months, the wife has decided she wants to try being intimate again, and she has an affinity for 50 shades type books. I got these Under Bed Restraint System - Sportsheets but I have never done this with her in the 10 years we have been married. What are some opinions on the best way to get her into these and comfortable with them? Best to dominate and place her into these somewhat forcefully (with consent of course), or ask her to get into them? Thoughts?

·
Banned
296 Posts
After a rocky few months, the wife has decided she wants to try being intimate again, and she has an affinity for 50 shades type books. I got these Under Bed Restraint System - Sportsheets but I have never done this with her in the 10 years we have been married. What are some opinions on the best way to get her into these and comfortable with them? Best to dominate and place her into these somewhat forcefully (with consent of course), or ask her to get into them? Thoughts?
Well ...... see if she would allow you to blindfold her first ?? Anticipation can be a huge turn on for some ....... especially if done in a slow and teasing manner !!

Whispers in her ear to reassure her that all is fine and slowly place these restraints on her ...... she'll know what they are im sure but if you go slow and in a way where she trusts you hmmmmmmm she could be very turned on by the time you do this and will be all for it !!!! Good luck !

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
You haven't been intimate for a few months and want to jump quickly from nothing to restraints? Especially since it seems like you've had these for a while and she's never asked to use them?

·
Banned
4,306 Posts
How about you get in them first?

I tried to talk the wife into anal, pooh poohing her concerns. She finally said 'you first and I'll let you pick the strap on.'

Instantly I got her point! Strange how that happens...

If she were really interested, all you'd have to do is ask.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You haven't been intimate for a few months and want to jump quickly from nothing to restraints? Especially since it seems like you've had these for a while and she's never asked to use them?
No, sorry a little more back ground. We havent been intimate in months due to some problems. She recently told me again that she is at a place where she wants to try and be intimate again, and wants to do 7 days of sex. I talked about this in another thread and this idea was brought up to do on like day 4-5, mainly bc she has been using her toys a lot while reading 50 Shades. Me and her have NEVER talked about our sex life being this way....but im just going off her actions and taking a leap of faith here. Hence why I want to appraoch it the right way. I just bought these yesterday, shes never seen them

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'll suggest you take thing slow and gradually get her to that point. The easiest way to get a woman to do whatever you want is to be patient and communicate with her. Maybe even a few fetish videos thats about what you're trying to get into to help ease her into it and once she's comfortable wiht the visual and comfortable enough via communication then take the plunge.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well ...... see if she would allow you to blindfold her first ?? Anticipation can be a huge turn on for some ....... especially if done in a slow and teasing manner !!

Whispers in her ear to reassure her that all is fine and slowly place these restraints on her ...... she'll know what they are im sure but if you go slow and in a way where she trusts you hmmmmmmm she could be very turned on by the time you do this and will be all for it !!!! Good luck !
This is what I was thinking...since I got a blind fold as well

·
Banned
4,306 Posts
Slow down Sparky.

First leave the box where she can see it (but not the kids). Give her some space to get used to the idea before you just spring it on her
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
422 Posts
I would highly recommend discussing the idea first, and also discuss what you intend to do with her after she is restrained, and not do anything that has not been discussed. Also she should have a safeword. People sometimes react in unexpected ways to being tied up, regardless of what they may say beforehand. Also I would recommend a strong, but extremely gentle hand at first, not rough or forceful. Let her feel your strength but without using it AGAINST her. She should not be giving you any resistance. A little bit of reality can go a very long way sometimes. Focus on making the experience as pleasurable as possible for her and don't get carried away with your own greedy ideas.

Also if you haven't been intimate in a while don't you think regular old vanilla sex is more reasonable place to start than something totally new? Like a warm-up before a sprint? Just sayin.

UPDATE: Oh if she's telling you she wants 7 days of freaky new experiences then game on. But please read everything everything in my first paragraph as it comes from my hard-won experience.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would highly recommend discussing the idea first, and also discuss what you intend to do with her after she is restrained, and not do anything that has not been discussed. Also she should have a safeword. People sometimes react in unexpected ways to being tied up, regardless of what they may say beforehand. Also I would recommend an extremely gentle hand at first, not rough or forceful. She should not be giving you any resistance. A little bit of reality can go a very long way sometimes. Focus on making the experience as pleasurable as possible for her and don't get carried away with your own greedy ideas.

Also if you haven't been intimate in a while don't you think regular old vanilla sex is more reasonable place to start than something totally new? Like a warm-up before a sprint? Just sayin.
Thats why I was thinking about doing this day 4-5. The ONLY reason I even think this is a good idea, is because of how often she uses her toys while reading 50 shades. As lame as it sounds, my mindset is that Im doing this for her, not for me.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
It starts on the brain, start writing flirty letters, and quickly escalate it to naughtiness. Plant the idea in her mind, and tell her what you would do to her if she was tied up. Then start slow, like with a blindfold as mentioned. Buy one of the "starter kits" that has a blindfold, wrist restraints and a tickler and give it to her in the package... Up to this point has worked for me, once...

Then just keep going with it I suppose, eventually introduce the under-bed system :D but din't spring it on her too soon, it's all about seduction so leave yourself room to work up to.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Betterstill, buy a pair of handcuffs and put it in her workbag or on her dashboard before she leaves for work so when she finds it she's thinking about it all day and comes home horny as a goat.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I seem to see two main conflicting methods of approach...1 is to let her know and have her thinking about it all day. I realize that with women it starts with the brain and this will get her thinking about it all day IF this is something she actually wants to do. 2 is to slowly introduce as a surprise while blindfolded, which is more 50 shades style since she wont have a 'choice', but she may freak out...

So really its to let her know beforehand or not let her know beforehand...

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Keep in mind these restraints are Velcro and pretty easy to pull out of.
spoken from firsthand experience? The ones I've used (on someone!) were velcro but wrapped around enough that there was no breaking free. muahaha.

·
Registered
693 Posts
The ones I've used were definitely not velcro lol...and they left scars...oh by the way SHE provided them lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.