Talk About Marriage banner

1161 - 1168 of 1168 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
I agree this may work for now...
What he stated and is doing is supposed to work right now. He's having fun, being honest and maybe he will find a new lifelong partner. That's what dating involves, finding the correct partner for your future. I'm not going to argue the sex part because his list, your list and my list are most likely completely different.

All I am saying is the "for now" doesn't matter, if you can't pass your first personal requirement in building a relationship. So, if it made you fear what he has concerning the future, you move on. I know I passed up on women because they smoked. I know women passed up on me because I didn't make enough money. I'm not a publicly affectionate guy so, some relationships ended for that reason. He'll pass up on women who don't have his zeal for sex. They may feel, as I did, they passed up on something special. That's irrelevant because we are each trying to find our particular happiness and compromise comes later. I'm not going to say it makes him worse until he does something awful. He changed his relationship priorities to include sex at the top.

Sorry, I think HD people can set that as their requirement and have meaningful relationships as well without deprivation.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,162 ·
I don't think Betrayed Dad is saying that it is "all about sex". He's just saying that any good relationship for him will always included a good sex life. That there is no reason to go forward with any potential partner if that part is missing.

But he's also learned, this isn't really a problem. Women want sex, a significant number of us also expect a good sex life as part of a good relationship, and it isn't that hard to find this if you are forthright about your expectations.

I agree with him that there's absolutely no reason to pursue someone if they don't understand and agree that great sex is a minimum requirement to be with him....and she should feel this for herself, too. Plenty of us do.
Thank you for putting it far more eloquently than I did.

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
Ey yo's...... hows yousa doin?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,164 ·
Ey yo's...... hows yousa doin?
I’m alright man lol. I only log on here few times a year these days out of boredom.

This place was basically my mental therapy. It helped tremendously talking with others.

I just feel like I don’t need it anymore. Not gonna say I’m 100% but I probably never was.

Still doing the single dad with 50% custody thing. Last gf was about a year ago.

Too lazy to start dating, its just a huge drain on my time. Plus I been so career focus.

Got a huge promotion recently that I spend along time gunning for. Career wise I’m golden.

I try to read the stories on here and I just cringe... everyone is so damn codependent.

Pro tip of the day: If you can’t be happy alone, no relationship will ever make you happy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey BetrayedDad- I followed your story on SI and here. Good for you! Glad you are well. Yes - the co-dependent hopium pipe is strong in many, where I don’t comment either, as others find my comments an affront to their “great R.” 🙄

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,166 ·
Hey BetrayedDad- I followed your story on SI and here. Good for you! Glad you are well. Yes - the co-dependent hopium pipe is strong in many, where I don’t comment either, as others find my comments an affront to their “great R”
As far as I’m concerned, if just one person on here dumped their trash POS spouse because of my story, then the entire 78 pages was worth it.... I’d be content with that.

·
Registered
8,135 Posts
How's life treating ya?

Reactions: Jharp
1161 - 1168 of 1168 Posts