Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Sturgis south Dakota. Riding 1,400 miles through some of the most beautiful countryside in the western u.s. (or world for that matter) with a giant 800,000 people party when you get there.

·
Registered
221 Posts
There are two that are a tie for me.

About 6 years ago our family vacation was a long road trip from NY to Yellowstone and back. We spent about 3 weeks over the summer driving cross country staying in a new place every couple days finally ending up in Yellowstone for 4 or 5 days then we drove back a different route to the north into Canada. We saw so many things along the way it was amazing. The kids were old enough to really enjoy it and not be a pain in the butt asking are we there yet. And to top it off my wife and I made love in 2 countries and 8 different states ;)

The other was a trip to St Croix this past spring break. For one it was the first time we went anywhere in over a year because of the pandemic. It was also the first week long vacation with just me and the wife in over 20 years. It was basically a second honeymoon. Actually it was more like a first honeymoon. We were too poor when we got married to go anywhere for a honeymoon. The place was absolutely beautiful. The weather was perfect, the sand was soft and the drinks flowed like water. If you go to the US Virgin Islands and you prefer relaxation over partying and nightlife I highly recommend St Croix over St Thomas.

·
Registered
228 Posts
We took a 17 day cruse along southern Australia with a side trip to New Zealand. Started in Perth and ended up in Sidney, staying another 3 days there. Saw some beautiful scenery (God was just showing off when He made New Zealand) and met some wonderful people.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
2008, my parents 50th wedding anniversary. My older brother and I took them to Europe, started in Amsterdam, down to Belgium then a hotel on the Rhine river in Germany.

Not long after this trip my dad's alzheimer's was getting worse.

He was good on the trip, and that's how I like to remember him.

·
Registered
7,481 Posts
The one I’ve been on for the last fifteen months in Ireland.

Reactions: Marc878

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
Between two. When I was 9 we went on the ferry across the British channel and took an overnighter train across France into Switzerland and stayed there near Lake Lugano for 2 weeks. Although so young I still remember the stunning scenery from the train and in Switzerland itself, and sleeping in the bunks on the train was great fun for a child. The swimming pool at the hotel had water straight from the mountains, it was freezing but didn't stop me going in most days.
Other one was going to Israel for 2 weeks as a v young adult travelling all round in a small group with a tour guide. Amazing to see all the famous places, plus swimming in both the Dead Sea and Red Sea.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Between two. When I was 9 we went on the ferry across the British channel and took an overnighter train across France into Switzerland and stayed there near Lake Lugano for 2 weeks. Although so young I still remember the stunning scenery from the train and in Switzerland itself, and sleeping in the bunks on the train was great fun for a child. The swimming pool at the hotel had water straight from the mountains, it was freezing but didn't stop me going in most days.
Other one was going to Israel for 2 weeks as a v young adult travelling all round in a small group with a tour guide. Amazing to see all the famous places, plus swimming in both the Dead Sea and Red Sea.
Israel is on my bucket list!

·
Registered
14,518 Posts
What is this "vacation" of which you speak?

We really liked Reykjavik and Rome. Plenty to see/do and the food was outstanding.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
I'd have to say my favorite vacation was a week on Tortola, BVI. Fantastic snorkeling, good food, very laid back. My husband and I found a deserted beach after driving around one afternoon. Actually, it was the two of us and a couple of goats wandering around. Spectacular ... the beach, not the goats.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
plus swimming in both the Dead Sea and Red Sea.
We went to Jordan and we went to the Dead Sea and the Red Sea. How did you swim in the dead sea? We had to walk backwards, very slowly, sit on the water, and voila! We were floating! They told us to be careful not to roll on our bellies, we could drown. A lot of people drown in the dead sea because it's impossible to swim in it!

Jordan is a nice place to visit. Petra is beautiful! and very hot!

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
The goats were at least pretty nice though?
Actually, quite tame and friendly. Sadly, goats on Tortola usually end up in someone's curry.

Reactions: ccpowerslave
1 - 18 of 18 Posts