Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SW mentioned in another thread that she hated that her best friend would rather communicate via. internet, email, FB, etc. and it bothered her. Reading her post was like a kick in the stomach as I realized that I do that to my best friend as well. It kinda shook me, ya know?

I have a wonderful, loyal, great person as my best friend. We met in 2nd grade and have been best friends since. Maid of honors at each other's weddings, I am her children's god mother, the whole nine yards. Then this depression hits me and I pull away from the world. She is at the point now where she will write me short notes like "waiting to get my best friend back" or "I will be there for you." I am LUCKY to have someone care for me and I gotta get my crap together.

I also have another friend I have been close with since we met on the job in 1994. She is an angel. Seriously, I do not know how a person like her puts up with a person like me. She is straightlaced, hardly swears, goes to church, never judges. She is what I would call a GOOD CHRISTIAN WOMAN. Yet she lets me be me. She has also stated she is waiting for me and would be there for me.

People, I am writing this because I want people to know that you should not take your good friends for granted like I am doing. I will be making some big changes, I have been making some big changes lately, getting out of the hovel I dug myself in and getting back into life.

If that means leaving my husband drunk in bed for the whole day, that is what that means. This site has helped more than you know. Helped me to wake up! Now I gotta stay awake, and that is gonna be the hard part.

Kisses everyone and especially Southern Wife for shaking me awake. SW, I am gonna find you the perfect song dedication!! :D

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
It have one great female best friend... not sure if she considers me her bestie or not but I consider her mine. She and I communicate via fb, email, or even forums like this. Its not that we are intentially neglecting the friendship and in fact I don't see it that way. Life tends to get in the way at times and I understand this. I'm sure she does as well. Heck I noticed she had a new bf recently and I just hope he isn't a douche like her previous. I still want to knock her ex's teeth out for what he did to her.

Anyway what I'm saying is... no matter how busy we get we still keep in touch when we can.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I can count my true friends on the fingers of one hand - what I found was that when I got married I got all absorbed in the relationship and didn't see them nearly as much as I should

Now I'm free I've been making contact again - proper contact - going to see them, getting drunk with them and it's been AWESOME (sorry darling ha ha)

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dolly and Gaia, you are my girls! I love you guys. Yes, life does take us away from our friends, but depression and a drunk husband took me away from mine. I gotta fix that. I am glad I do have social media to keep in touch with them because if I didn't have that, we wouldn't be in touch at all.

Good for you Dolly, getting back out there with your friend. I have heard that you can have a lot of friends, but the real deal friends can only be counted on one hand. Just a small circle you can be yourself around. People who know your deepest and darkest and won't tell. More importantly, WON'T JUDGE. That is more precious than gold.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's been AWESOME (sorry darling ha ha)
:rofl: Dolly, you are so funny. Once, I actually made an enemy because of the word awesome. She kept saying it over and over and I leaned over and thought I whispered in my H's ear (she keeps saying the "A" word and I'm gonna snap) and she heard me. Boy, the looks that chick gave me the rest of the cruise were lethal. I just laughed at her when she did that. She was kinda an azzhole :)

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awww, thanks Dolly, you know I love Carole King! Keep checking the dedication thread, now that I got your music taste, I am gonna put it to good use.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Gaia, I recently asked Dolly what some of her favorite bands are. Now I am asking you. Do you think you could name some of your favorite bands/arists?

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Wicca
Evenessence
Rammstein
Rob zombie/white zombie
Korn

Those are some of my favs
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good list Gaia. Do you like Manson? Manson and Zombie are touring together. I think that would be a great show (I will NOT use the word "awesome") :)

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Lol yep like manson too!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you have all of his stuff? what cd's of his do you have?

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
None... no cds of anyone just yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
10,162 Posts
SW mentioned in another thread that she hated that her best friend would rather communicate via. internet, email, FB, etc. and it bothered her. Reading her post was like a kick in the stomach as I realized that I do that to my best friend as well. It kinda shook me, ya know?

I have a wonderful, loyal, great person as my best friend. We met in 2nd grade and have been best friends since. Maid of honors at each other's weddings, I am her children's god mother, the whole nine yards. Then this depression hits me and I pull away from the world. She is at the point now where she will write me short notes like "waiting to get my best friend back" or "I will be there for you." I am LUCKY to have someone care for me and I gotta get my crap together.

I also have another friend I have been close with since we met on the job in 1994. She is an angel. Seriously, I do not know how a person like her puts up with a person like me. She is straightlaced, hardly swears, goes to church, never judges. She is what I would call a GOOD CHRISTIAN WOMAN. Yet she lets me be me. She has also stated she is waiting for me and would be there for me.

People, I am writing this because I want people to know that you should not take your good friends for granted like I am doing. I will be making some big changes, I have been making some big changes lately, getting out of the hovel I dug myself in and getting back into life.

If that means leaving my husband drunk in bed for the whole day, that is what that means. This site has helped more than you know. Helped me to wake up! Now I gotta stay awake, and that is gonna be the hard part.

Kisses everyone and especially Southern Wife for shaking me awake. SW, I am gonna find you the perfect song dedication!! :D
WOW, eg, I'm not quite sure what to say. You're welcome.. :confused: :)

I will say that I'm glad my post touched someone. Not a day goes by that I don't think of my friend. But I will admit the last time we saw one another, at my house, she said something that was upsetting, about my daughter (something she was wearing) and in front of my daughter. It's put a new light on the friendship...........or should I say a "darkness". :( :scratchhead: She never had kids, so she doesn't understand kid things really. Anyway, it's water under the bridge.

eg, please get out there and do things with your friends. Call them on the phone. It's that easy! So glad you realize this and want to make the change. I wish I could say the same of my friend. Not sure what her "kick in the stomach" would/will be. :scratchhead:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.