Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my user ID implies, I’m trying to be a better husband.

I’d like to know what’s been a fun date idea that you planned for you and your significant other. I doesn’t have to be romantic, though that probably wouldn’t hurt.

Thanks for brainstorming with me!

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Trip to a museum followed by baskin robbins

hike up a mountain trail, followed by a romantic meal in a secluded cabin with no WiFi and you can’t bring a copy of the Wall Street journal

babysitter for kids... a dancing lesson, followed by a night on a nice hotel with lots of foreolay and sex and no worries about washing the sheets

·
Premium Member
2,872 Posts
Make coffee, wash and gas her car (before she gets up), get donuts together, go on a hike in nature (ex. beach).

Obvious, but pick a new restaurant (search “most romantic”) make a reservation on the phone and ask them to order flowers for the table and hand over your credit card number to them.

Same thing as above except make the restaurant someplace you have to fly to, get a 5 star hotel room and book it on the phone so you can get flowers in the room and ideally a bottle of champagne in the Veuve Cliquot NV or above price tier. Book first or business class flights. Tell her she has a couple hours to pack an overnight bag because she’s going with you and lay it all out there but leave flowers as a surprise. If she can deal with surprises you can also just tell her what kind of clothes to pack.

Get on a chartered sailboat if near water. Cheaper version is to buy a ferry ride if near water.

Find an easy spot to bike if she does that and get her bike tuned up and ready to go without telling her so when she objects because her bike isn’t ready you can surprise her.

Miniature golf. Make sure if she’s bad to miss on purpose a few times. Get her to play skiball until she gets a prize.

Go to the turf club at a horse racing track, tell her ahead of time and take her shopping with for a fancy hat.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Go wine tasting to a winery and then out to dinner. It is fun you both start to learn the kinds of wine you like as you are often given 4 to 6 small tastes of different varieties of wine.

There are also oil & vinegar stores where you can sample different kinds of olive oils and different and flavored vinegar.

·
Premium Member
14,680 Posts
Axe throwing...
Dancing...
Gokarting...
Virtual reality...
Archery...

I prefer dates where we do something together, my fiancee and I have a 1+ date per month rule, otherwise we get bogged down with home and duties.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Try something neither of you have ever done before. Novelty is good.

I like active stuff. Laugh. Have fun.

Flowers are always a nice touch, for romance. A single stem works for me. It's special without being too pricey.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My boyfriend and I are both partial to dates where we do something active (hiking, usually) and then reward ourselves with a nice dinner and pricy craft beers afterwards. I like the physical activity followed by a meal and drinks combo. Just fill in your favorite activity and meal. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
you want to make things better , I don't know what you guys are into but with in mind of what you wish to do what would not think of setting up a photo shoot for your wife and buy her a dress or outfit for said photo shoot it can be very in-powering for a mother to find out that she still has her beauty anf she still turns you on , another point you need to show that you see her as the sexy woman you first found , if she likes shopping take her shopping for something sexy and later get her to try it on , take her for a meal even bring the kids for the meal at times is good to show you want to be invested in the kids if you have any , you need to be a father to them and there are many ways of doing this so if she sees you as a good father good father and nothing wrong with showing they that you love their mother , many grow up not seeing daddy showing any form of attraction to their mother ,

·
Registered
218 Posts
It depends on what she likes to do in general, but because this is going to be a special date that will be followed by more on a regular basis, I'd say make it easier and more enjoyable for both of you. I suggest you offer to spend the morning with the kids and take them out for lunch and give her a lot of time to prepare herself and relax before the date. Make reservations in a romantic restaurant (with sea view if you live not far from the coast) or on a hill or some restaurant where you can take a walk after dinner. Most theaters and indoor places are still closed these days, so if you would like to do something I think a couple massage before dinner would be nice. You mentioned in your other post that she might not be ready yet for a weekend getaway, so how about a night in a hotel? Arrange a baby sitter for the kids and go to a hotel after your dinner. Pick a hotel in your town so you are not far from the kids but you are on your own and spend the night there with your wife. Just the two of you. Take a bottle of champagne or have a late night drink in the hotel bar before you head to your room. I think to key to make it an enjoyable date for both of you is to take it easy and make it romantic. Also, don't forget to tell her that you intend to make dates a regular thing in your life as a couple. Schedule them in advance and make reservations together and plan activities together.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My husband and I had a blast doing a Goodwill date. We each had a $10 spending limit and neither was allowed to see what the other bought until the night of the date at a fancy restaurant. Needless to say it wasn’t just fun, it was quite outrageous and one of our best yet. Talk about looks we got. Let’s just say: I’m surprised they let us in,

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
A shooting outing is a great idea, but much better outdoors in a rural legal shooting area rather than indoors.
Make it a picnic.

If you want a romantic evening, watch some oldie but goodie classics like South pacific, Oklahoma, or anything rogers and Hammerstein. Glass of wine, or your favorite larger. Cant get much more romantic than 'one enchanted evening'!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife and I went to dinner and she had a little to much wine. We drove up into the hills and parked the car. She said you want to go to the back and do it. Next thing I know she opened her legs and I’m riding her in the back seat. Was some of the most spontaneous sex we have ever had.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Take her to the shooting range. Nothing sexier than a woman with a Glock. :)
A couple of suggestions. Only if she already knows how to shoot. Teaching a wife or lover to do much of anything is a risky proposition. Ego's can be fragile. If she doesn't enroll her in a shooting safety and training course just for women.

Then afterwards take her out to practice followed by dinner or a picnic.

P.S. I have never been a Glock fan, as I don't like most striker fired weapons, but I am old school and prefer hammers, even if they are concealed.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Have a night wine tasting under the stars on a picnic blanket and present her with a certificate from the international star registry where you have had a star named after her. You will then remove your custom made bottle of wine with the printed label “ For my most beautiful star..”

1 - 16 of 16 Posts