Talk About Marriage banner

161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
The bolded is EXACTLY why I posted this in the Men's Lounge and asked for TAM Men's opinions. The original "belly full, balls empty" comment was mad by a MAN on another thread. I was interested in getting the opinion of other MEN.
It's like a bumper sticker political slogan. It conveys an important point but it's way too simplistic to take literally.

·
Registered
19,268 Posts
When folks are attacked, they defend themselves with vigor. When they are approached by an authority have jurisdiction, they humble themselves, unless they really need to be in prison.

Using an organization to bring the attention of the club owners to a real problem will likely change admittance qualifications and cause them to change how they do business. Otherwise, they may just say it was a scuffle between some drunkards, whether anyone was or not.

I was going for the greatest possibility of real change at the club. When that attention happens, everyone who attends takes notice and does some introspection, unless they really have an issue they cannot change on their own.
Let me give you another experience. This happened right after my wife was assaulted, but was before her friends turned their back on her.

We were with some of them at a concert. Of all things, a Tragically Hip concert. It was general seating, and I was standing there, and some guy kept trying to nudge me out of the way so he could see. I simply refused to move. He finally tried to grab me and move me out of the way.

This annoyed me but didn't anger me like the guys I was talking about above. I simply allowed him to grab my arm by the wrist, and instead of moving, dropped my center while fixing my arm in place, securing it against his chest - where he had put it.

He fell to his knees.

His friends came by, apologized for him, and he apologized too. Apparently he was a die hard hip fan, and this was his last chance to see them. He had been standing in that spot but had to leave to go to the bathroom, and when he came back I was standing there.

He bought me a drink, we shared the spot, and ended up drinking together for the remainder of the show.

That stuff didn't anger me at all. It was just a natural result of his action, I just felt like I was the pivot point around which he revolved to resolve his frustration. But the other guys I had to actually restrain myself from going further, because I was angry. I walked away to protect them from my anger.

·
Registered
19,268 Posts
First, never received a warning.

Two, one of the reasons for the ban was TJing

"Nov 06, 2019 · #481
Re: 2018/2019 Banned Members Thread (read thread rules in first post)
3Xnocharm said:
Original Post
Numb26?

2 weeks - Threadjack and disgusting post."

Three, you banned me for being offended by something I said. Sounds like a personal reason, hence different rules for different members
You are a guest here. Mods do their best, and to my knowledge, it is unpaid labour.

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
The danger is, of course, that some people try to live by bumper sticker slogans, tweets, or other glib sentiments.
lol

Have folks raised a whole generation of naivety?

Reactions: Tilted 1
161 - 166 of 166 Posts