Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread was spurred by another thread and some research i've down on the subject matter "creep shaming".

How do you feel about being called a creep? I personally think it's one of the most offensive things a man can be called. A stalker, serial rapist or a pedophile is a creep(understandably). But has anyone every been called a creep just because a someone didn't return your romantic feelings? How did it make you feel? Have you ever wanted to try something different with your wife or girlfriend and she told you were being creepy? I don't mean animal sacrifices. But maybe some roleplay or sex somewhere..
If a woman calls me a creep even in a joking manner, I feel like I can never speak to her again.

·
Banned
296 Posts
It's a very "complimentary" but then again there's so many worse things we can be called ??? Also ..... if one really thinks about it ummmm we all have a certain " creepiness " in us anyways haaa !!!

Guuuuilty as charged here !!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a very "complimentary" but then again there's so many worse things we can be called ??? Also ..... if one really thinks about it ummmm we all have a certain " creepiness " in us anyways haaa !!!

Guuuuilty as charged here !!
For you Joe, what would offend you more?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMO creep is a strong word. Would much rather be called a prick or an ass.
Yeah that's how I feel. If you tell me you don't like me, ok fine. But if you tell me you are terrified and disgusted with me and liken me to a sex offender..well damn.. That's how I feel when I hear that word.

·
Banned
296 Posts
For you Joe, what would offend you more?
I'm trying to think .... I guess it all depends on my mood at the time something is said ?? I guess for me it's that other person's opinion which he/she has every right to have and deep down inside me if I know it's not true then ...... oh well :scratchhead: it's his/her opinion ??

·
Administrator
44,698 Posts
Main Entry: creepy
Part of Speech: adjective

Definition: nasty, scary

Synonyms: awful, direful, disgusting, disturbing, dreadful, eerie, frightening, ghoulish, gruesome, hair-raising, horrible, itching, itchy, macabre, menacing, nightmarish, ominous, shuddersome, sinister, terrifying, threatening, unpleasant, weird, haunting, spookish, spooky, uncanny, nearthly, weird, awful, direful, disgusting, disturbing, eerie, forbidding, frightening, ghoulish, goose-pimply , gruesome, hair-raising, horrible, macabre, menacing, nightmarish, ominous, scary, sinister, terrifying, threatening, unpleasant, weird,

Main Entry: creep

Part of Speech: verb

Definition: crawl along, usually on ground

Synonyms: approach unnoticed, crawl, crawl on all fours, edge, glide, grovel, gumshoe, inch, insinuate, lurk, *****foot, scrabble, skulk, slink, slither, snake, sneak, squirm, steal, tiptoe, worm, wriggle, writhe,

a person whose behavior is offensive to others <after he had sent her several obnoxious e-mails, she reported the creep to the director of human resources>

Synonyms bastard, beast, bleeder [British], blighter [chiefly British], boor, bounder, ******, buzzard, cad, chuff, churl, clown, creep, cretin, crud [slang], crumb [slang], cur, dirtbag [slang], dog, fink, heel, hound, joker, louse, lout, pill, rat, rat fink, reptile, rotter, schmuck [slang], scum, scumbag [slang], scuzzball [slang], skunk, sleaze, sleazebag [slang], sleazeball [slang], slime, slimeball [slang], slob, snake, so-and-so, sod [chiefly British], stinkard, stinker, swine, toad, varmint, vermin

·
Administrator
44,698 Posts
Sex offenders can be referred to as creepy.

How ever all creepy things are not sex offenders.

For example a haunted house is creepy.

A person in a goolish costum can be referred to as creepy meaning that costum is creepy.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sex offenders can be referred to as creepy.

How ever all creepy things are not sex offenders.

For example a haunted house is creepy.

A person in a goolish costum can be referred to as creepy meaning that costum is creepy.
If a woman tells me i'm creepy though, I doubt she will be telling me I remind her of a ghost.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
I really don't like name-calling and labeling. I've been guilty of it in the past, just to put a label on someone I didn't know and didn't understand. Am immature phase, (didn't we all do stupid things when we were young and dumb)?

I wouldn't dream of doing it now. Not after being verbally abused. Certainly not to anyone's face... It really shows a lack of class and tact, in my opinion. (Not that I'm the most sophisticated person).

It's parallel with calling a woman a number of things I won't list here. The same women who would so quickly assign a label to a man would be offended if he did the same...

It takes so little energy to refrain... To sit back and consider how your words might impact another. It takes so little to bite your tongue and remember that the person you want to label is not deserving of unqualified judgment. It's not anyone's place to do so, anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The examples you gave are that of criminals. Creepy, as Ele pointed out, is used to describe a variety of things, unlike the vile term [email protected]y a term used by creepy men. ;)
Ok, even if someone is saying i'm not a criminal i'm still one of the 20 or so synonyms she listed. Awesome:) Maybe it's not a big deal to you being called a creep and maybe you've felt very justified calling a man one. But it's still something many men find offensive. Some guys are creeps just a woman doesn't like them. Just like how some guys call girls slvts just because they don't like them.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, they are criminals. Creeps are those men who lear at a womans tits, make disgusting gesters or act like perverts but are just desperate weirdos and pretty harmless.
Yes they criminals but they are still called creeps. People are not saying, "that guy is such a criminal!" or "he is sooo criminally"

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I don't mind creep so much, because it sounds kinda funny to me. But I cannot stand when someone calls a fellow human being a "pig".

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
Gotta say FK, your avatar is a tad creepy. White tie formal wear, top hat, exquisite gloves but Dame Edna glasses. You turned it from sexy as hell to creepy with eyewear. Please tell me the eyewear is really a mask and I just didn't see the stem. :pray:

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.