Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK- new here but you all have such great advice! I have beeb surfing this for awhile:)

My husband of almost 2 years loves the beach and sun. I on the other hand not so much! I have not been so hinest with him about that, he thinks I love it. We have been surfing and all that, and although it was fun, I tend to not like the beach so much. I enjoy it a few times a year, but even if a song comes on the radio with beach in it, he has to turn it way up! We live in michigan, so it is very cold now, and all he talks about is being on a beach and all that. Now we are almost 40, and I do have a body where I can wear a bikini still, but not for long!! And when that time comes, whats going to happen? Will he still love going with me? I am very nervous about that. I think thats why I do not "like" it so much. I am so scared of losing what I have and that he will not love me. I know it sounds dumb but when thats all I hear him talking about, it gets very old. Now when we go, he does not STARE at women, when I'm looking anyways lol. Its him and I. I dont know what to do. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
He thought he was marrying a woman who loved the beach life as much as he did. I'm glad you were honest by telling us that you were not honest with him about how you felt. My advice is to keep going to the beach with him & rockin' that bikini & stop worrying about your body. If you are so worried, then keep yourself in the best shape possible & gain some confidence!

Confidence is attractive. Insecurity is not.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Old men on the beach checking out younger women is nothing new. Also it is nothing new that the younger women ignore the older men and accept them as part of the natural landscape. Surfing will keep you in shape and your H will enjoy your companionship. Also you don't know the future, you are projecting the present into the future and that's a silly game to play. Deal with your present moment. It's winter and you are not anywhere near a beach. Time, temperature and geography are in your favor. And here you are, obsessing about many years from now.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
I can't speak for him. Indeed the scenery of beach bodies of all sorts is part of the ambience.

It comes down to why he really enjoys the beach life.

If you are 40 and look good in a bikini now then I suggest you have nothing to worry about. And for what it is worth as time goes on there is nothing wrong you you wearing an attractive one piece.

As has been stated a confident woman who takes reasonable care of herself will remain quite sexy.

If he is just there to see the beach bunnies that that is messed up.

I personally love the beach. Frankly I prefer it to be deserted with just my wife and I. But then again that is a state of mind. If my wife and I are there we share the beach together.

I would encourage you to continue to enjoy the beach together with your husband ... forever.

And because I love my wife she is a composite of herself throughout our marriage. When I see her I see her as she is today and all the other times even back to when she was a 25 year old hottie. And yes I will use the cliche. She is a fine wine. I see myself in her eyes. This is what matters most.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Old men on the beach checking out younger women is nothing new. Also it is nothing new that the younger women ignore the older men and accept them as part of the natural landscape. Surfing will keep you in shape and your H will enjoy your companionship. Also you don't know the future, you are projecting the present into the future and that's a silly game to play. Deal with your present moment. It's winter and you are not anywhere near a beach. Time, temperature and geography are in your favor. And here you are, obsessing about many years from now.
I will spin this. All men check out the women on the beach. Young women ignore the old men. Just being clear that there is nothing wrong with the "old" men. They are men.

BTW this works in reverse. To be sure "old" women check out young men at the beach as mouch or more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.