Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Is bad sex better than no sex?
It has been said that sex is 10% of marriage when you have it, and 90% of marriage when you don't.

In my own mind, sex is 100% of marriage. No sex = no marriage. I can have a friend without benefits (who supports herself) for 1/10 of the money this damn farce of a marriage costs me. I can take out my friend to wonderful dinners, go on excursions, go to the symphony, attend church....we will have done nothing sinful or immoral....... and, guess what? I can have all my clothes professionally cleaned, laundered, pressed, and have a houskeeper come in twice a month for another 1/10 of the money. If there were no stupid cats and animals in here, my cleaning would be minimal. I could run my dishwasher once a week because I would take two meals every day out.
The other large advantage to a FWoB is that I can throw my socks on the floor and put them in the hamper in the morning when I am not dog-tired.

Without a doubt, I would choose a starfish screw once a week over no sex.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I can't honestly answer the question because am not sure what "bad" sex would be. Maybe "starfish"? I don't believe have ever had bad sex. For sure, all of the sex have had with wife would classify as excellent and always preferred to none.

Maybe my combat Marine Dad knew what was "bad" as he had much wider experience with women than me. But he would always say 'Even bad sex is pretty damned wonderful'.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Enthusiasm and desire are what makes it. Sex can be terrible (btdt), but if it's with an inexperienced or unskilled partner that is eager and enthusiastic that stuff works out in the end.

It's the "gun to the head, let me get this over with" crap that is the absolute worst. Better to beat off with a leather work glove dry than do anything in that realm.

·
Registered
14,761 Posts
So what say you???

Is bad sex better than no sex?
Depends on what’s bad about it.

If you’re talking about a woman that just lays there like a dead fish… well, I’d probably rather **** an actual dead fish.

🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
ive had bad sex. years ago i had a gf that would just throw off all her clothes and insist f______me! now i need foreplay and some tenderness leading up to the act.
i had trouble keeping it up for her with her giving insistent commands from the bed. however once i had it in her, she shrieked and claimed it hurt. so i had to finish her off by hand.
the one time i completed the act to completion, she complained all day that i 'tore her up'.

well that was bad sex. was it better than no sex? yeah, it was.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
I think most bad sex for guys they still orgasm and just want something different.

But bad sex for women can mean no orgasm, pain and sometimes damage.

So how bad are we talking when we say bad sex?
Yeah I think most men are gonna take bad sex over no sex because we are almost guaranteed to get ours at least. A lot of men who aren't so experienced probably don't even know what bad sex is.

·
Premium Member
2,539 Posts
Sex can be bad for either partner, even if both have orgasms.

There are lots of ways sex can be bad, in addition to physical issues women are especially vulnerable to.

I don’t know what “most men” who have had “bad sex” have experienced. I’m not sure what as meant by “just wanting a different experience.” Certainly I’ve had bad sexual experiences that were bad enough emotionally that I’d gladly trade for some other kind of bad.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It’s never bad! If my wife delays or denies my orgasm, I am incredibly uninhibited and willing to promise EVERYTHING. I lose a little steam post orgasm and chicken out. So….if she wants me to keep my silly wild promises, deny me release until I keep the promises. She knows all my curious secrets!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think most bad sex for guys they still orgasm and just want something different.

But bad sex for women can mean no orgasm, pain and sometimes damage.

So how bad are we talking when we say bad sex?
Excellent response
I would consider "bad sex" to having no emotion. Now there are some people who look at sex as a simple act of "getting off". But for most men and woman the physical is only half of is while the brain accounts for a much larger part then we realize.
So, if one side has no desire but is just going through the motions and the other side knows that it can be very harmful to the relationship.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts