Talk About Marriage banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
All I can say is;

The two parent married couple has long been proven to be the best way for a man/woman to have kids and a family.

So,

If a man is so fortunate and a little bit of luck, to find a woman he loves, that puts up with his wild hairs time to time and said man feels like it's time to procreate, it's a good thing.

For me, I hoped to have a couple boys and girls, we had two boys and stopped; it worked out pretty good.

I'm very happy. I know this is just one case of it worked out but ok.
Worked well for us also.......

I’m not complaining....

It does make logistics easier than those than choose not to I reckon.
For every success their is a corresponding failure. Many times the failure cannot be controlled (partner cheats, is abusive, or they just don't like you much anymore). The people roll a dice bet the house. You can either double your bet or go broke. And sometimes you just break even with a person you won't divorce for whatever reason but aren't happy with (or in love with anymore). That is probably a good chunk too. Marriage just kind of sucks.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
All I can say is;

The two parent married couple has long been proven to be the best way for a man/woman to have kids and a family.

So,

If a man is so fortunate and a little bit of luck, to find a woman he loves, that puts up with his wild hairs time to time and said man feels like it's time to procreate, it's a good thing.

For me, I hoped to have a couple boys and girls, we had two boys and stopped; it worked out pretty good.

I'm very happy. I know this is just one case of it worked out but ok.
Worked well for us also.......

I’m not complaining....

It does make logistics easier than those than choose not to I reckon.
For every success their is a corresponding failure. Many times the failure cannot be controlled (partner cheats, is abusive, or they just don't like you much anymore). The people roll a dice bet the house. You can either double your bet or go broke. And sometimes you just break even with a person you won't divorce for whatever reason but aren't happy with (or in love with anymore). That is probably a good chunk too. Marriage just kind of sucks.
I married a only child from a well off family with nice tits. We still love each other so my odds are looking pretty good in Vegas.

So far anyways !!!!

·
Registered
7,485 Posts
I imagine that the later one gets married, the fewer children one will have. On a crowded planet, that might be a good thing. I was 32 when I married the first time. Not in my 20s, but hardly geriatric. My exH is 5 years younger than I.

If I were a guy, I would worry about 20 something women who are desperate for starter marriages so that they have children quickly and then go back out there to find the guy they really want.

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
I married a only child from a well off family with nice tits. We still love each other so my odds are looking pretty good in Vegas.
A family with nice tits? You mean her dad had nice tits, too?

·
Premium Member
17,835 Posts
In the beginning of this thread, I got the impression that many women were triggered. Was it fear? What caused that? Why?

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
That didn't take long.

I agree though each to their own. Everyone isn't the same and each must captain their own ship.

👍👍

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
As with most things, follow the money. Our economy hums along nicely when we have men and women marrying and having babies.
Some interesting facts (from my book "NOW WHAT?"):

$7 trillion in consumer and business spending is contributed by women in the U.S.
2/3 of the consumer wealth in America will belong to women within the next decade.
85% of purchases and purchase influences are made by women.
50% of products marketed to men are purchased by women.
60% of all personal wealth in American is held by women.
51% of all stock in America is held by women.
92% of vacations are purchased by women.
93% of food is purchased by women.
Over the course of a family’s life, 90% of married women will control its wealth.

Now... how does a single man compare? Look at the Herbivore Men in Japan. They stay in. They play games. They're on the internet. How about the guys who have luck with women? They just bounce from girl to girl and hang out with their buddies. There's no house and 2.5 kids. There's no minivan or pointless SUV. There's no nursery full of baby stuff. There's no $30k wedding. Hell, there aren't even decorations on the damn walls! There's a big screen tv, an xbox, a recliner, and some cereal in the cupboard.

This tweet recently went viral: https://twitter.com/kathasty/status/1073008400160694273?lang=en
I don't follow your reasoning. How does women controlling some wealth inform us that the economy would tank if people choose not to marry/reproduce?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I don't follow your reasoning. How does women controlling some wealth inform us that the economy would tank if people choose not to marry/reproduce?
Single men with no wife and no babies = no money being spent (relatively speaking). The single man comes nowhere close to the spending of the single lady, and nowhere close the spending of the family man.

·
Registered
17,217 Posts
Single men with no wife and no babies = no money being spent (relatively speaking). The single man comes nowhere close to the spending of the single lady, and nowhere close the spending of the family man.
But there will still be plenty of us single ladies driving the economy so I don’t see the problem.

If there are fewer babies born, we will just spend our money on other things or hopefully, save more for retirement. Either way, money will be spent.

·
Registered
7,485 Posts

People need to remember that what's good for a single economic unit is not good when the all economic units do it to the max. Spending is what creates jobs,opportunities and therefore investment. IF too many households save (stop spending) too much ... well the economy contracts.

·
Registered
472 Posts
But there will still be plenty of us single ladies driving the economy so I don’t see the problem.

If there are fewer babies born, we will just spend our money on other things or hopefully, save more for retirement. Either way, money will be spent.
The marriage industry is huge. The baby industry is GINORMOUS. This is as if somebody figured out a way to teleport people and said, "What's the big deal... so what if nobody needs to take a plane, a car or a train anymore? We'll find other things to spend our money on." Millions of people out of jobs. Entire industries wiped out.

·
Registered
17,217 Posts

The marriage industry is huge. The baby industry is GINORMOUS. This is as if somebody figured out a way to teleport people and said, "What's the big deal... so what if nobody needs to take a plane, a car or a train anymore? We'll find other things to spend our money on." Millions of people out of jobs. Entire industries wiped out.
Oh my god with the hand wringing.

Ok you’re right, let’s all panic and start finding ways to force young people to get married.

Sheesh. This is just bizarre. We have no idea what things will look like in 50 - 100 years. If we want to worry about the future of people we should worry about how we are destroying our planet, for gods sake.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Oh my god with the hand wringing.

Ok you’re right, let’s all panic and start finding ways to force young people to get married.

Sheesh. This is just bizarre. We have no idea what things will look like in 50 - 100 years. If we want to worry about the future of people we should worry about how we are destroying our planet, for gods sake.
LOL. I don't give two ***** if people marry. MOST people should NOT marry. But the fact is that our consumption-based economy is based on whether or not Mary, David, Ayden and Brayden buy that 65" TV and the $55k SUV. When that starts going down, people will panic. It will get interesting in a hurry.

·
Registered
17,217 Posts
LOL. I don't give two ***** if people marry. MOST people should NOT marry. But the fact is that our consumption-based economy is based on whether or not Mary, David, Ayden and Brayden buy that 65" TV and the $55k SUV. When that starts going down, people will panic. It will get interesting in a hurry.
More unnecessary hand wringing. Economies change and people will always spend money. There will be things to spend money on in the future that don’t even exist yet. There will be ways people think and buy in the future that we can’t comprehend now.

I’ve never understood the type of thinking that is behind this type of hand wringing. We don’t exist in the future and they won’t give a damn about what we used to buy.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts

Is this b/c single men make less money, or b/c they save more?

Regarding earnings, single men make considerably less than married men, make something close to married women and slightly more than single women.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I think part of the problem is this new generation is really independent and we no longer NEED the opposite sex to “have it all”. Also I truly believe men are from Venus and women are from Mars. We have different needs and wants and often times the other genders needs/want are viewed as a burden or a sacrifice to us... and so we are like why bother? And we both genders don’t want to deal with that so they arrange relationships where they get the positives from each other without the negative. Which we all know isn’t reality.

I can write a great argument about why men don’t need women. I can do the same for women not needing men. The truth is, making a relationship work for life IS hard. But it seems the new generation doesn’t view it as rewarding and worth the effort.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts