Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that wspouses post here too... So I may I have more questions. Is tge avoiding discussing and the small truths about minimizing embarassment and guilt? In trying to expand my understanding.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
118 Posts
Joey:

Don't forget the snakes from the dark side like me. ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
How did u feel when u were confronted by the h... I've always wondered that... The OM never responded to my fiery facebook msg. I hope you dont mind my asking. Pardon my shorthand... Mobile today.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hi Joey:

I felt like a wrecking ball hit my head, while a bayonet was thrust into my chest, and a ferret let loose on my package.

On the one hand, the true damage of my actions with WW came home in an instant. The idea that I had broken a family, destroyed the H, forever changed the course of history for 3 children and jeopardized an entire family's happiness stopped me cold.

At the time, I had no idea the true extent of the damage (and it sickens me more each day that I read posts here). Every belief that I ever held about myself, love, relationships, marriage, decency, self respect, self awareness, intelligence, family etc., every single one instantly became a question. For the first week I questioned my every thought, called myself a useless piece of sh1t every second, and began to hate myself.

On the other hand, I had lost all of my hopes, my love, my friend, my future etc. (remember BSs I'm in a fog - don't stone me). My AP had dumped me for H (how dare she), she lied to me (how could she), she broke her promises to me (the b1tch), she ... wait for it ... betrayed me!! My feelings of loss and anger deepened with each minute - I missed her like hell, but I hated her!

My reaction was complete self destruction.

From dday 12/21/12, until 02/01/13
Everyday: 3 x 200mg Provogil (anti narcoleptic - approximately 3 times the normal dose); two pots of strong coffee; smoked 120 cigarettes. Slept for 2 hours every 65 hours - on the floor or couch; ate 1 slice of bread with mayonnaise; lost 30 lbs; showered once every 3 days. This from an extremely fit, health conscious, former athlete.

Started counseling in mid Jan (diagnosed as being "in crisis"); had counseling sessions 2 hours everyday for a week; cried spontaneously; lost ability to make simplest of decisions - like how to get to the shower, how to make a cup of coffee.

I ferociously researched extramarital affairs, the effects on H, kids, family future etc. I researched this site, and just about every site on the internet to learn about "affairs" etc. This site was no help at all ... no solace to be found here. Determined that I was just a POS!!

I read and reread how I was just "any guy" who happened across the WW at right time. I didn't matter. Not one article took into account what I was going through, or how I was feeling - I literally felt shunned from society, family (no way was going to fess up to them), friends (would have thought I was a pr1ck and lost respect for me).

I read loads about reconciliation and my all time favorite: hyper bonding! Holy cow! I played all the movies in my head of BH and WW doing it all, all the time, in every position and every conceivable way! I killed myself with those images. I would take another Provigil to ensure that I would not sleep - so that I wouldn't dream of her, of them, of him, of the kids.

I've come a long way, but in many ways I'm still there ... but I'll save that for when I post my story ... coming soon.

So yeah ... being the OM is a blast. Never going near it again.

For the BSs who are reading this and getting really angry at me, I've written this to answer a question, and in no way do I mean to trigger you. I do realize the idiocy of what I did - I really do.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
WS's don't like to get into detail about their A because most of it can be pretty repulsive for the BS and the WS to have to hear out loud. It's embarrassing, shameful and becomes WAY too real for both partners.

·
Registered
233 Posts
WS's don't like to get into detail about their A because most of it can be pretty repulsive for the BS and the WS to have to hear out loud. It's embarrassing, shameful and becomes WAY too real for both partners.
This.

Reality and fantasy don't mix. Once exposure takes place, fantasy over. When events are being recalled without the softening, romantic effect of "the fog", it suddenly isn't so wonderful anymore. It's people hurting other people. It's lies, betrayal, destruction.

No one likes ugly, and that is exactly what affairs are!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I researched this site, and just about every site on the internet to learn about "affairs" etc. This site was no help at all ... no solace to be found here. Determined that I was just a POS!!

I read and reread how I was just "any guy" who happened across the WW at right time. I didn't matter. Not one article took into account what I was going through, or how I was feeling - I literally felt shunned form society, family (no way was going to fess up to them), friends (would have thought I was a pr1ck and lost respect for me).
<threadjack>

Who has been saying you're a POS? By the sounds of you, you didn't even know that the WW was married. You are more or less a victim in the mess she got you in

·
Registered
118 Posts
<threadjack>

Who has been saying you're a POS? By the sounds of you, you didn't even know that the WW was married. You are more or less a victim in the mess she got you in
I so wish that I could say yes that's right. But no, ashamedly, I knew that she was married with kids. The only difference was that I was told a very fantastical story about her life, marriage etc. I fell for it all - hook line and sinker. But it was all me. In hindsight, had I been the man I thought I was at the time, or even half of the man I pretended to be, I would have said: "great, leave H, get a D and let's do all of that!"

The POS is really the interpretation of the anger from BSs on this and other sites. As an aside, it took a couple of days to figure out all the acronyms ... as I did, my heart sunk. :confused:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi Joey:

I felt like a wrecking ball hit my head, while a bayonet was thrust into my chest, and a ferret let loose on my package.

On the one hand, the true damage of my actions with WW came home in an instant. The idea that I had broken a family, destroyed the H, forever changed the course of history for 3 children and jeopardized an entire family's happiness stopped me cold.

At the time, I had no idea the true extent of the damage (and it sickens me more each day that I read posts here). Every belief that I ever held about myself, love, relationships, marriage, decency, self respect, self awareness, intelligence, family etc., every single one instantly became a question. For the first week I questioned my every thought, called myself a useless piece of sh1t every second, and began to hate myself.

On the other hand, I had lost all of my hopes, my love, my friend, my future etc. (remember BSs I'm in a fog - don't stone me). My AP had dumped me for H (how dare she), she lied to me (how could she), she broke her promises to me (the b1tch), she ... wait for it ... betrayed me!! My feelings of loss and anger deepened with each minute - I missed her like hell, but I hated her!

My reaction was complete self destruction.

From dday 12/21/12, until 02/01/13
Everyday: 3 x 200mg Provogil (anti narcoleptic - approximately 3 times the normal dose); two pots of strong coffee; smoked 120 cigarettes. Slept for 2 hours every 65 hours - on the floor or couch; ate 1 slice of bread with mayonnaise; lost 30 lbs; showered once every 3 days. This from an extremely fit, health conscious, former athlete.

Started counseling in mid Jan (diagnosed as being "in crisis"); had counseling sessions 2 hours everyday for a week; cried spontaneously; lost ability to make simplest of decisions - like how to get to the shower, how to make a cup of coffee.

I ferociously researched extramarital affairs, the effects on H, kids, family future etc. I researched this site, and just about every site on the internet to learn about "affairs" etc. This site was no help at all ... no solace to be found here. Determined that I was just a POS!!

I read and reread how I was just "any guy" who happened across the WW at right time. I didn't matter. Not one article took into account what I was going through, or how I was feeling - I literally felt shunned from society, family (no way was going to fess up to them), friends (would have thought I was a pr1ck and lost respect for me).

I read loads about reconciliation and my all time favorite: hyper bonding! Holy cow! I played all the movies in my head of BH and WW doing it all, all the time, in every position and every conceivable way! I killed myself with those images. I would take another Provigil to ensure that I would not sleep - so that I wouldn't dream of her, of them, of him, of the kids.

I've come a long way, but in many ways I'm still there ... but I'll save that for when I post my story ... coming soon.

So yeah ... being the OM is a blast. Never going near it again.

For the BSs who are reading this and getting really angry at me, I've written this to answer a question, and in no way do I mean to trigger you. I do realize the idiocy of what I did - I really do.
I'm not angry with you. I wish every OM/OW were more like you, although I also wish we all lived in a world where life-shattering devastation could be taken back instead of endured. Thankful that at least one person is left who will actually take responsibility for their PART in what happened. My WHs POSOW continued to pursue him and even tried texting him she was suicidal to try to get him to answer her calls and texts, and when he wouldn't, she sent "What? No time to respond to me even now? Call me when you grow a pair and get a backbone"

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I so wish that I could say yes that's right. But no, ashamedly, I knew that she was married with kids. The only difference was that I was told a very fantastical story about her life, marriage etc. I fell for it all - hook line and sinker. But it was all me. In hindsight, had I been the man I thought I was at the time, or even half of the man I pretended to be, I would have said: "great, leave H, get a D and let's do all of that!"

The POS is really the interpretation of the anger from BSs on this and other sites. As an aside, it took a couple of days to figure out all the acronyms ... as I did, my heart sunk. :confused:
Well, some people on here use OM's like you to vent to and take their anger out on. Try not to take it personally : / It's just easier to pick on you rather than the OM's that they have to deal with.

My H did this to a lot of OW's. I've seen emails where he tells them he's separated, I'm his baggage, he loves his kids but not me, blah blah blah. And the OW's believed him. The only OW's I have a major beef with are the ones that know that he loves me and doesn't want to leave me, but they continue to try and lure him out of our M. I hate that.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thankful that at least one person is left who will actually take responsibility for their PART in what happened.
Thanks. I'm taking responsibility for me, and my part in the affair. I, me ... the person I am, my core, is not the person who would try to "steal" another man's wife. The affair circumstances dictated that at the end of it all, the result was just that. I crashed because I came to the realization that I was just another AP that had caused pain. In short, I was not special, the opposite - I turned out to be exactly the same.

If I was the person I thought I was, then it could never have happened, and I would not have devastated a family, even unknowingly. Instead, I "fell in love" and became gullible, susceptible to influences of a base nature, and ultimately a participant in this torrid situation. Completely unacceptable for me.

I don't understand xOM/xOWs wanting the xWS. The shame and betrayal that I felt was so deep, so painful, that I couldn't, wouldn't want to, talk with the xAP.

Reactions: calmwinds

·
Registered
970 Posts
Thanks. I'm taking responsibility for me, and my part in the affair. I, me ... the person I am, my core, is not the person who would try to "steal" another man's wife. The affair circumstances dictated that at the end of it all, the result was just that. I crashed because I came to the realization that I was just another AP that had caused pain. In short, I was not special, the opposite - I turned out to be exactly the same.

If I was the person I thought I was, then it could never have happened, and I would not have devastated a family, even unknowingly. Instead, I "fell in love" and became gullible, susceptible to influences of a base nature, and ultimately a participant in this torrid situation. Completely unacceptable for me.

I don't understand xOM/xOWs wanting the xWS. The shame and betrayal that I felt was so deep, so painful, that I couldn't, wouldn't want to, talk with the xAP.
So she dropped you cold turkey? No contact whatsoever?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well, some people on here use OM's like you to vent to and take their anger out on. Try not to take it personally : / It's just easier to pick on you rather than the OM's that they have to deal with.
Some posters can get pretty harsh. Nonetheless, posting and getting feedback is really helping me, and I like being able to give the perspective from the other side.

·
Registered
118 Posts
So she dropped you cold turkey? No contact whatsoever?
Cold turkey and hot potato. Voicemail dday +1, 12/22/12 "I'm sorry, I'm so confused, I've hurt my H and my kids," while I was in plane on tarmac. I puked (very nice). In Jan ~ 12, heard her voice on conf call, but did not interact her (but nearly puked). Since left job, so no more of that.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Cold turkey and hot potato. Voicemail dday +1, 12/22/12 "I'm sorry, I'm so confused, I've hurt my H and my kids," while I was in plane on tarmac. I puked (very nice). In Jan ~ 12, heard her voice on conf call, but did not interact her (but nearly puked). Since left job, so no more of that.
You're a rarity..

I was told by one OW that she was so sorry, and she couldn't believe how she could be lured in by my H, and then right after she told me that, she sent my H a nude photo of herself. Ha! Wow..oh the memories

·
Registered
970 Posts
Honestly, when you're single and a woman is giving you the vibe, most men would go for it. When I was in my early twenties I had an affair with a much older woman who was married. It was short lived but even then I knew it would amount to nothing more than a few sweaty sessions in the sack. You probably won't get involved with a married woman again but if you catch yourself heading down that route, understand that its never going to be anything more. Affair partners generally aren't good life partners.

·
Registered
118 Posts
You're a rarity..

I was told by one OW that she was so sorry, and she couldn't believe how she could be lured in by my H, and then right after she told me that, she sent my H a nude photo of herself. Ha! Wow..oh the memories
Mine involves a photo of sorts too though. To this day I picture a photo of BH, WW, and kids. I see it clear as day in my head, then ask my self the question: "who the f*ck are you to try and scratch out H's face and replace it with yours?"

That is the pervasive thought in my head. I literally cannot believe it! You see, during the affair, that's what we talked about. Living together, raising her children (with H around) blah, blah, blah ... really makes me sick. My counselor, Lynda (who is amazing), really helps me understand my own perspectives on family and so forth. You could describe me as educated, successful, mid 40s, but only invested in career, and not invested in creating my own family. It may have been a ready made package in the back of my mind. When that came to the front of my mind, it made me feel absolutely awful.

·
Registered
16,572 Posts
PastOM: That is the most heartfelt apologetic confession that I have ever read from any OM on this or any other forum. My hat is off to you sir, for your absolute candor. It is refreshing to hear the truthful version of what being an OM is like along with its apparent shortcomings!

Not having ever been an OM, I certainly do not blame the OMen in my STBXW's affairs. Sadly enough, she's the one who brought them into the equation, rather than vice-versa!

I, for one, greatly anticipate reading your thread. I feel that there will be much to learn from it!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.