Talk About Marriage banner

241 - 255 of 255 Posts

·
Banned
2,997 Posts
I'll take a WAG here.
FIL found his posting and decided to take a dump in it.
Yes I actually hope so. If it is OP's wife writing this stuff, then she is toast. Op was in no mood for this foolishness.

If it was FIL, I would love to dress him down, biblically. That man should live in shame the rest of his sad life...

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
If indeed the FIL, he could learn here that @jimbradshawucf came here in an attempt to better his relationship with his W, draw closer to her, and not looking for problems but solutions.

Drawing closer to a W often seems to Ws family as her withdrawing from them, and he/they may feel threatened and THAT is the real source of their combativeness if you will.

And they would be very wrong to try and sabotage their daughter's marriage so she wouldn't "slip away from them" in their own mind.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
You know, I actually hope the W found this site and is posting.

There is much constructive information here if she wants to have a better M.

No one is perfect, him or her, but @jimbradshawucf appears to definitely have came here looking for ways to save and improve the marriage and was honest in that approach.

·
Banned
2,997 Posts
If indeed the FIL, he could learn here that @jimbradshawucf came here in an attempt to better his relationship with his W, draw closer to her, and not looking for problems but solutions.

Drawing closer to a W often seems to Ws family as her withdrawing from them, and he/they may feel threatened and THAT is the real source of their combativeness if you will.

And they would be very wrong to try and sabotage their daughter's marriage so she wouldn't "slip away from them" in their own mind.
Actually, you severely underestimate these type of people. They thrive on making peoples lives hell. They are so sick that they actually believe they are doing right.

They are so far removed from God, that the holy spirit does not speak to them, if you understand that...

These people, that church, FIL, will try it influence OP's marriage until they die. They are so deceived that they have no discernment at all about life, the Bible, God, reality even.

I have known these types of people, they are so messed up.

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Actually, you severely underestimate these type of people. They thrive on making peoples lives hell. They are so sick that they actually believe they are doing right.

They are so far removed from God, that the holy spirit does not speak to them, if you understand that...

These people, that church, FIL, will try it influence OP's marriage until they die. They are so deceived that they have no discernment at all about life, the Bible, God, reality even.

I have known these types of people, they are so messed up.
You're probably right. I'm more hoping for them I guess.

But you're likely right on the money. Some people are so far gone it's tragic.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yes I actually hope so. If it is OP's wife writing this stuff, then she is toast. Op was in no mood for this foolishness.

If it was FIL, I would love to dress him down, biblically. That man should live in shame the rest of his sad life...
Not to threadjack, but where did this poster we are discussing come from?
I thought a prerequisite to joining this forum was that one had to introduce themselves (at least, I had to.)
I looked and could not find one for "A Believer."
This person joined and came straight to this thread. How fortuitous.
Thinking my WAG was not far off.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'm more worried about factual. Factual can be proven. If you can't prove it then expect to be called out on it.

Going to show my age here.

That argument has been around a long, long time.

How Long?

I saw it pop up in veronica and archie searches when I was doing research in college.

Now you youngsters can use the google and your other wiz bang contraptions to figure out what those were!

IT was just as WTF then as it is now.

·
Super Moderator
28,467 Posts
I just had to moderate this thread. Please keep religious opinions in the religious section. And do not attack other members. It's against the rules.

The threadjack was cleaned up.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Going to show my age here.

That argument has been around a long, long time.

How Long?

I saw it pop up in veronica and archie searches when I was doing research in college.

Now you youngsters can use the google and your other wiz bang contraptions to figure out what those were!

IT was just as WTF then as it is now.
I'm at my half century mark, so I am hoping that you are not trying to clump me in with the "youngsters". That being said, which particular argument? Mine of the now deleted one?

·
Registered
11,550 Posts
I apologize in advance for the long read, but I feel it'll help with context. My wife and I were both raised in a fairly religious (Christian) upbringing here in the USA. ....
Jim, I haven't read the entire thread yet.

I want to point out that you have the right to your own mind. What I mean is you have the right to feel about things the way you do. You have the right to your desires and preferences. You have the right to your beliefs. You don't need your wife's approval, nor do you need mine or anybody else's. The caveat I put on that is when it comes to criminality, but that isn't at play here.

You have the right to desire certain sex acts with your wife. It doesn't make you an evil person. She of course doesn't have to agree to do those things or to think they are fun. The thing is though you should not be subjected to being shamed by her or her family for it.

You have the right to like beer, and the right to choose to drink it responsibly. If her concern is the kids being exposed to it, then you have to work that aspect out with her. But she doesn't own your body and she doesn't get to control if you drink responsibly. She doesn't have to like that you drink alcohol, but she doesn't have the right to shame you or berate you for it.

At this point you've already set things in motion, but I wanted to bring up the underlying principles. Someone already recommended the book "No More Mr. Nice Guy" by Dr. Glover, and I highly endorse that idea. I also strongly recommend you read "When I Say No, I Feel Guilty" by Smith. It is far more than the title suggests, and is well worth reading. It does give you some verbal tools, but honestly the underlying philosophies are at least as important. Read both books!

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'm at my half century mark, so I am hoping that you are not trying to clump me in with the "youngsters". That being said, which particular argument? Mine of the now deleted one?
My old age made me lose track of what I was posting.

I meant the deleted explanation.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Wow.

Where did this poster come from?

Quoting specific scripture to attempt to promote an opinion, and throwing out opinions stated as facts while ignoring other scripture is wrong in so many ways.

I can say imho perhaps this poster is either directly or tangentially related to OP's family?
It's a quote - lifted from a book by Nkemzi Theodore A.

Brother Nkemzi Theodore A is the pastor and worldwide coordinator of Holiness unto the Lord Revival Ambassadors Worldwide Ministry.

There's a link to a website which is has a US 'phone no. but no (that I could see) address, claims to represent a worldwide ministry, is largely incomplete and states that the programme for conferences in 2018 will be posted shortly.

For someone who is a researcher about the "endtimes" the idea that time flows backwards must be somewhat challenging?

A number of qualifications are claimed - as is a marriage - though google's library of pictures about his wife all show him rather than her. And I make no further comment.

241 - 255 of 255 Posts