Talk About Marriage banner

981 - 1000 of 1041 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
I though you were self employed lol.
It’s funny but your beautiful photo reminded me of something. When I was very young I traveled a lot and I mean a lot. If there happened to be a full moon I was often struck with the thought that my Mom and Dad would be looking at the same moon even though we were on opposite sides of the world.
It really is a small world.
It is, and I am

Finding myself travelling alot as of late as I am doing work for department of justice and their facilities throughout the state.

I don't mind it as I get to see places I normally wouldnt go to for a holiday destination... With a lot more to come before the end of the year... Just missing two things... My girl, and my dog

·
Registered
6,986 Posts
It is, and I am

Finding myself travelling alot as of late as I am doing work for department of justice and their facilities throughout the state.

I don't mind it as I get to see places I normally wouldnt go to for a holiday destination... With a lot more to come before the end of the year... Just missing two things... My girl, and my dog
I’m glad you put them in that order lol.

·
Premium Member
13,591 Posts
Crows are so smart. Everything you do probably affects his food sources.
I have two small wooded areas (on each side) at the rear of my house.

I live in a quaint upscale suburban area. Wooded areas are scarce, here.

The crows make this their hatchery, every year, all summer long. They make these low guttural sounds and incessant, constant squawking and fighting sounds.

Most, find them very disquieting, if not annoying.
I like them and all the birds here.

The very old lady next door spends hundreds of dollars a year feeding the birds, the squirrels, chipmunks and deer that eat whatever the birds dump out of the feeders.

Red Tail Hawks make meals of everything, squirrel size, and down..

At night, the owls take over the backyard.

Hoo.....hoo......hoo,hoo.

I enjoy going out at night at mimicking his/her sounds.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
I bet the old lady next door is wondering what will happen when she leaves. You should let her know you'll take over the menagerie.

I can tell when there's a hawk around here sometimes because if there's also crows around they will raise hell. Crows will actually torment a hawk if they have a nest nearby where there's young crows because Hawks will eat crows right out of the nest. But I do see some soaring that aren't being pestered.

I have a really loud blue jay the last few months. If the bird water runs out or even gets low and unpleasant it won't let up until I fix it. And it has four babies earlier in the summer and the water ran out right when it was time for the babies that were unknown to me to learn to drink the water. You can't believe how much noise that blue jay made to get me outside and fix it and then immediately started bringing the babies out who were already pretty big. the reason I bought this house is because I wanted an office that overlooked the backyard.

This week on the next door app which is a neighborhood app, the neighbors have seen big flocks of turkey buzzards which are not very common down here but you see one occasionally. But they're very common up in Oklahoma and I have been right under a roost of them before after following them at dusk. I am working on a job I need to concentrate on but I want to go drive around and see if I can find them. I know this isn't their migration destination.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Love it. I think I used to have one of those if it is a 75 Impala.

I'll have to post some junkyard photos from the early '80s that I have up in my house that a friend of mine took back then. Have to get up and get on the PC first.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
I love these. The woman who is still my best friend took them. 1983. One of the guys needed a part. The guy on top of the car and in the back seat with me was one of my closest friends, like the brother I never had. He died young.

The guy on the L is the photographer's 1st husband. And the driver was a friend of hers who I fooled around with until he moved up north after his dad died and became a junkie. What a waste. I doubt he's even still alive. No one has heard from him in decades.

I love old T-Birds!

CarlandmeJunkyard1.jpg

Carl,Me,Mark,DarenNoCaption.jpg

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Love it. I think I used to have one of those if it is a 75 Impala.

I'll have to post some junkyard photos from the early '80s that I have up in my house that a friend of mine took back then. Have to get up and get on the PC first.
I think it's a 1968 Chevelle.
I had a 1970 Impala -- it was a boat! I fit 5 people in the trunk comfortably (getting them in to the drive in....).
If you wanted to catch your date in the back seat, you better have track shoes on!

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Such a waste that it's sitting there just rotting away. A coworker of mine restored a '57 Chevy Bel Air just a few years ago from the undercarriage up. Unfortunately, it was destroyed in a garage fire, but that didn't stop him from trying again. He restored an old pickup sometime afterwards. Not sure of the year.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
I had a 1970 Impala -- it was a boat! I fit 5 people in the trunk comfortably (getting them in to the drive in....).
If you wanted to catch your date in the back seat, you better have track shoes on!
A nice mechanic yanked the catalytic converter off my 75 Impala when I was having trouble and it ran like a top after that. It had my favorite interior I've ever had which was a herringbone Tweed.

·
Registered
13,749 Posts
I love these. The woman who is still my best friend took them. 1983. One of the guys needed a part. The guy on top of the car and in the back seat with me was one of my closest friends, like the brother I never had. He died young.

The guy on the L is the photographer's 1st husband. And the driver was a friend of hers who I fooled around with until he moved up north after his dad died and became a junkie. What a waste. I doubt he's even still alive. No one has heard from him in decades.

I love old T-Birds!

View attachment 72147

View attachment 72148
These are great pictures!

What memories!

I was only 12 when these were taken but I loved playing in junk yards.

981 - 1000 of 1041 Posts