Talk About Marriage banner

961 - 980 of 1041 Posts

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
It's finally cooling off. Hay has been cut for the last time. Grain harvest is coming in. Crows are headed south. I was over at the property last week Friday cutting down some weeds when a crow desened from his murder to say farewell for the season.
I've got a few more days of work to do this month before the property is ready for winter. Put the power tools and trailers under cover. Dethatch half the lawn. Move the snow blower back to the house.
We will take down the swings at the end of Thanksgiving weekend. Just a word picture from the country.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Crows are so smart. Everything you do probably affects his food sources.

Reactions: karole

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
Don't forget the color! I know you men love your browns but you do need some color in there like greens and reds.
Many of the other staples of Thanksgiving are tan or brown, too. I had never thought about it. Pumpkin pie, sauerkraut, apple pie, pumpkin roll, and the list goes on. The main ones that I was missing with color was (homemade) pickles, pickled beets and eggs, green beans (as casserole or normal though I prefer normal), and cranberry sauce.

There was probably enough downtime while the turkey was in the oven and the bread was rising that I could throw at least some of that together. Maybe next time.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
11,880 Posts
It is pretty far out in this picture, but the dolphins have been more active than I have seen here before. A small pod came within 20 feet of us when we were on our paddle boards.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Actually, tonight is pretty cool for Cairns, 21°C and 71% humidity at 11pm...

Quite tropical from now until March/April.

Watching the clouds glide across the moon is a sight I never tire of
Ok, so like 70 degrees I think. Niceeee. It’s only 65 here. Going to be 80 today but has been in the lower 70’s so ... perfection. I enjoy the moon view as well. It’s humbling.

·
Registered
8,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #974
Fanks!

·
Registered
6,986 Posts
A view from my 'home' whilst working up in Cairns at present. Looking forward to having a day off to explore eventually, if my bastard of a boss would let me!
I though you were self employed lol.
It’s funny but your beautiful photo reminded me of something. When I was very young I traveled a lot and I mean a lot. If there happened to be a full moon I was often struck with the thought that my Mom and Dad would be looking at the same moon even though we were on opposite sides of the world.
It really is a small world.

961 - 980 of 1041 Posts