Talk About Marriage banner

681 - 700 of 788 Posts

·
Registered
13,839 Posts
Planning is a complex issue!!! It's a good thing I have an aviation calculator and an E6B.

When the 2 devices can't agree, I just make up my own numbers and pray!
An E6B, * swoons *. I remember it can do almost everything, but can it navigate by true north?

Doesn’t matter, you still have to punt on third down. (FTR, I was literally going to go to Amazon to get a new Als cap before deciding to check in on TAM.)

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #692
Haven't jumped on the piano much last couple of days.
Only progressed a smidgen... but am pleased this part is now committed to memory.

If anyone feels like listening to a snippet of piano practice (aka 36 secs of your life you'll never get back), turn your volume down a bit first > sound clip
PERFECTION!!!!! I think I'm going to have to buy this sheet music...!
Ha! ...well, I don't know about that ;) but it's sounding a bit more melodic. The piece is laid out as 6 pages. I'm nearly at the end of the 2nd page. I wouldn't normally practice to memory, but I think it will help me with this piece in the long run. Also I've never been very disciplined with using the metronome but that's going to need to come next. I looked ahead at the rest and it will be challenging for me... but I'll keep at it. And at the risk of sounding a right nerd, I'm really keen to get to the part that plays FORTISSIMO!

Here's the professional take on it (Michael Nyman - the composer). And while I don't anticipate sounding like this, it has inspired me to set the metronome next time I jump on.

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #693
This makes perfect sense to me! I think it's like, muscle memory, and if I interfere with it by bringing my attention to it, I disrupt the who thing!! Lol!
I think it's awesome - you are inspiring ME to play more!!!! :)
YES!! Get to playing!

I looked it up and the sheet music I have is still available. The Piano soundtrack. The piece I'm playing from the book is called 'The Heart Asks Pleasure First'. When I played many, many, ahem, many moons ago, I played this piece... (it's not retained; I'd need to start over to tackle this) but there's quite a few pieces to choose from in this book.

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #694
Also... @LisaDiane (or anyone else interested) as this counts as a photo, last year I printed this off the interwebz (can't remember where from). I'm not particularly an Adele fan but I play this every so often to warm up the old digits ...and sharing in case you want to limber up, too. ;)

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Not my backyard, but somebody else’s.
Pic on left from Tuesday, pic on right from a few minutes ago.

Odd.

681 - 700 of 788 Posts