Talk About Marriage banner

661 - 680 of 790 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Are your toes marshmallows...?? Lol!!

Hey! I bet YOU have an igloo too!!
It’s summer, silly! It’ll be a few weeks yet before the snow is deep enough for iglu (proper spelling, us eskimos are touchy about stuff like that!) making. Anyway, back to bbq’ing my blubber burgers, a side of baby seal ribs and a lichen and moss salad....mmmmm

·
Registered
251 Posts
Lol!!! Oh, "summer"...right...(from the guy with his feet by a fire in JULY)...

So you WILL have an igloo then? Eh...?? Lol!!! 🤣
Hey, I was in Disney World a few year ago in February. I was wearing nothing but shorts and a t-shirt.

No word of a lie, one person wearing long pants, a parka, a touque and gloves, comes up to me and says 'you must be Canadian, do you live in an igloo?' I said, 'Yes, and I have dog sled to get around as skidoos are too pricey.'

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Hey, I was in Disney World a few year ago in February. I was wearing nothing but shorts and a t-shirt.

No word of a lie, one person wearing long pants, a parka, a touque and gloves, comes up to me and says 'you must be Canadian, do you live in an igloo?' I said, 'Yes, and I have dog sled to get around as skidoos are too pricey.'
I believe it. The reverse of this is migrant workers here in Ontario from Mexico and Jamaica wearing hoodies and tuques in the middle of July in 30+ and near 100% humidity. Too chilly for them, lol! What a world!

·
Registered
931 Posts

I love this story!!! That's how we were when we first moved down here to NC from Massachusetts - my kids wore shorts with no coats the whole first winter! Everyone looked at us like we were crazy...one little old lady asked me if we needed coats...Lol!!!

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I had an older (now retired) coworker that would wear shorts when it was in the 20's or even lower with a jacket. I never did it but I'm also the kind of guy that still wears cargo jeans in the heat because I just can't really do shorts and I'm more than used to it. It just depends on the person.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I love this story!!! That's how we were when we first moved down here to NC from Massachusetts - my kids wore shorts with no coats the whole first winter! Everyone looked at us like we were crazy...one little old lady asked me if we needed coats...Lol!!!
Yes, I also felt out of place when we went on our only cruise out of Port Canaveral.

There I am standing in line to check in, wearing shorts and a t-shirt. A young lady standing behind us, much to the chagrin of my wife, says 'I hope you have a jacket with you? You are going to be cold when we hit the open water.' I turned to her and said jokingly 'Until I see snow, I don't need no stinking jacket.' She replies 'Oh, you must be Canadian.' I just replied 'Yeup, and all my coats and jackets are at home.' LOL

·
Registered
13,849 Posts
I was at a conference on Baltic coast in mid March. It was sunny but only 45 with a strong biting wind from sea. We went for a walk on the beach, in “light” parkas. There were people sunbathing naked discussing the wonderful weather.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I was at a conference on Baltic coast in mid March. It was sunny but only 45 with a strong biting wind from sea. We went for a walk on the beach, in “light” parkas. There were people sunbathing naked discussing the wonderful weather.
Did you find any amber? I did at the beach in Prora on Rugen Island.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Yes, I also felt out of place when we went on our only cruise out of Port Canaveral.

There I am standing in line to check in, wearing shorts and a t-shirt. A young lady standing behind us, much to the chagrin of my wife, says 'I hope you have a jacket with you? You are going to be cold when we hit the open water.' I turned to her and said jokingly 'Until I see snow, I don't need no stinking jacket.' She replies 'Oh, you must be Canadian.' I just replied 'Yeup, and all my coats and jackets are at home.' LOL
"Yeup"...Lol!!!! I love that!

661 - 680 of 790 Posts