Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On an image board I saw a post explaining why women prefer cheating/promiscuous men which is what inspired me to make this post (Possibly because it signals that they have options) . I wanted to discuss if women feel more attracted to their partner when they know they are desirable to other women.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah sure they are.... a man with opportunity and options is a man that has things going for him. It inspires competition.

However .... knowing your hatred of women I doubt your approaching this topic with any objectivity
You think women need competition to stay interested? Also what I think doesn't matter I'm only here to see what everyone else thinks.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I think she needs a man who respects himself and knows his own worth. If he doesn’t then why should she?

The question isn’t as easy as “competition”. Too many factors.

Edit: To break it into simple terms I will answer with YES

·
Registered
13,876 Posts
I would say yes in general with the caveat that it isn't true for some.

It has been studied and it is equally true with reversed genders.

There have been low points in Mrs. Conan's and my marriage where I was taking her for granted and I had the opportunity to see her get flirted with and hit on. It definitely hit me where it should have and helped me to stop being too harsh with her and taking her for granted

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
No, this doesn't matter to me.

So long as there's no disrespect to our marriage. Although, I have posted before that Batman is a volunteer fire-fighter, and he shared with me that when giving a demonstration to a group, one of the girls in attendance slipped her hand into his and declared that she loved him. My reaction was 'Where does this beotch live? 'coz she's going down!' the fact that she was 6 years old - an irrelevant detail.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
No, this doesn't matter to me.

So long as there's no disrespect to our marriage. Although, I have posted before that Batman is a volunteer fire-fighter, and he shared with me that when giving a demonstration to a group, one of the girls in attendance slipped her hand into his and declared that she loved him. My reaction was 'Where does this beotch live? 'coz she's going down!' the fact that she was 6 years old - an irrelevant detail.
That’s hilarious.
My wife has a tingle for fireman also 🔥

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
And for clarity, I meant no it doesn't matter to me in terms of my attraction through the eyes of another. I know his appeal... he's appealing to me... and he's got a good sense of himself, too.

I don't think I read the opening post properly. To answer that side of the equation, I'd be packed and gone in a heart-beat.

Reactions: frusdil

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
On an image board I saw a post explaining why women prefer cheating/promiscuous men which is what inspired me to make this post (Possibly because it signals that they have options) .
In this discussion, did it mention anything about how a woman in that situation might view herself... as in knowing her own options?

Reactions: WandaJ

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I think that a guy who is attractive to other women is more likely to be objectively attractive in general. Pretty much everyone is more attracted to...wait for it.....attractive people. Unattractive people are, well...unattractive...to most people, which may include their partners. I should think all of that would be patently obvious.

But, you see it all the time - she's let herself go, he's let himself go, I've put on 'some' weight, etc. - from people wondering what happened to the hot sex and visceral attraction that was there when they first met their partner. Far too many folks just seem mystified that becoming objectively less attractive might also impact a partner's level of attraction.

The fact is, no matter your gender, being an overweight, sloppy, ungroomed, mess of a human being with nothing to recommend you is not going to make anyone hot for you. But being an attractive person with your stuff together just might. This is not news. Or, well, it shouldn't be.

Oh, and I have most assuredly never been attracted to a guy I new was a cheating/promiscuous man. I have been attracted to men I've met until I found out that little tidbit. But that's an immediate and straight-up attraction killer for me.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
On an image board I saw a post explaining why women prefer cheating/promiscuous men which is what inspired me to make this post (Possibly because it signals that they have options) . I wanted to discuss if women feel more attracted to their partner when they know they are desirable to other women.
Did this thing you saw actually say that women prefer “cheating/promiscuous” men or were those your words and your own judgement?

Are you making an assumption that men who attract many women are going to automatically be promiscuous or cheating on someone?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I think insecure people - regardless of gender - would have a thing for someone who comes off as (or is) promiscuous, has other options, and makes it clear to their partner that they are keeping these options open.

The insecure person looks to validate themself by being "loved," and so is willing to chase another person and play these games.

Mature people would not tolerate that sort of treatment.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yes, Openminded is right. Sometimes you see someone gorrgous, but the more you learn about them, the less gorgeous they seem? Their character taintes their look.
I look back and see this realization was with me all along, but it took enduring bad relationships to realize it. I recognized this dynamic for what it was as I got older and more confident in myself.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Are women more attracted to their boyfriend or husband when they know he's attractive to other women? Or do you think it doesn't matter?
I think some women may see him as a prize catch. Sort of like "I got him and they didn't". I see my current BF as very attractive and I think other women do too but I don't know that it makes him more attractive because other women see the same thing I do.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I think some women may see him as a prize catch. Sort of like "I got him and they didn't". I see my current BF as very attractive and I think other women do too but I don't know that it makes him more attractive because other women see the same thing I do.
But frankly isn't this the same for men? Trophy wife, anyone?

Reactions: Girl_power
1 - 20 of 62 Posts