Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I think the ratio here lately is close to 50/50 but TAM is an special place, most infidelity websites have a 80/20 with 80 being the BW.

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
I am 50/50 all by myself. I am both a BS and a WS, too.

A stupid slide into what I now realise was a revenge affair, after my wife had an affair. So I think I might skew the results, somewhat...
I'm right there along with ya Matt. Except my husband's was the revenge affair (both EAs)

·
Super Moderator
30,602 Posts
Is it possible that women tend to have better support circles than men?

That women would discuss their cheating husband with their female friends? But that many men would not dream of talking about their cheating wife with their male friends?

So... is this why more men tend to come to TAM to ask for advice on their cheating spouse?:scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Been reading through this section from page 98 and am at page 47 now. Seems to be more BH.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I think there are more husbands.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting. And good question about BW's having more support. Funny, I never talked about sex with my male friends/coworkers. But I've been pretty open about this (with certain people - male and female).

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
BH here. I think it is pretty much 50/50 in life. I would assume women have better support groups then men. They spill all to their GF's. Men we tend to bottle it up with other men.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
BH here. I think it is pretty much 50/50 in life. I would assume women have better support groups then men. They spill all to their GF's. Men we tend to bottle it up with other men.
It's true but it doesn't explain why TAM have a higher representation of BHs than other sites I use(d) to lurk. BWs also seek online advice, more than BS in general.
My take is because somehow TAM is the tougher band against infidelity in general, here we defend the hard stance more than other websites, the guidelines and moderators allow and provide a free space to harsh responses, divorce as a inmediate choice is not as discouraged (even it's a pro marriage website in general) as it is on those other sites. All this suits better the male attitude, therefore more males gravitate to his site instead of MC, SI, DB, etc.

·
Registered
285 Posts
BH and I think it's because women tend to be more forgiving and "rugsweep" their husbands affairs at a higher ratio then men do. I can only think of a handful of women who caught their husbands cheating and ended up leaving. There are a few women that end up posting and I can tell they plan to do nothing at all about their husbands cheating so I just don't respond. They also seem to put more blame on the AP then on their own husbands. JMHO

·
Registered
13 Posts
BH here. I think there are more BH than BW, at least on TAM, I'd say 70/30 or even more. Also, take a look at sites promoting cheating, most active members are women, at least on the ones I've been to.

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
There are websites that promote infidelity?? :confused:
big time. make your skin crawl - mostly women there & a few smug guys.

BTW most of the women are over 35 by the looks of it. Lots of them in their late 40s and up

They give each other "tips" on how to conduct the affair and not get caught.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.