Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
That is a difficult one. Tom Jones really should not have sung that stupid song. It is an awful song. This man should not have sung it either to your wife. You wife should not have responded to him with any other than disgust. That said, You said your opinion and she heard you. I would say there is no need to escalate the matter as she will just dig in and defend her position. Do not give her an opportunity to do that. She knows what you think now.

·
Premium Member
7,652 Posts
Her participating in a sexually suggestive dance with a coworkers is inappropriate on so many levels. Yes, you are right to be upset about it. What you should understand is that there is no need to fight over it with your wife. You were upset by it and she should take that to heart and rather than defending herself, she should apologize and agree not to do that again. That's how marriage works. We are to have each other's backs.

As far as your wife helping her friend get laid by the guy, if they all believe that sort of thing is morally okay, then why not? I don't share that view, but if that's how they believe, then why shouldn't your wife help her friend to have a good time? Maybe I'm missing something here.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
No, it isn't fine. The problem is you are well aware of that and she appears clueless.
Sounds like, to me, your wife is unscrupulous. If my wife did these things, I would be completely outraged. No, it isn't fine. It's reprehensible.

MaiChi said:
Tom Jones really should not have sung that stupid song. It is an awful song.
Interesting. He was married at about age 17 to the same woman he remained married to for 59 years, until her recent death. Pretty unusual in the entertainment business.

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Sounds like, to me, your wife is unscrupulous. If my wife did these things, I would be completely outraged. No, it isn't fine. It's reprehensible.

Interesting. He was married at about age 17 to the same woman he remained married to for 59 years, until her recent death. Pretty unusual in the entertainment business.
TOM Jones was never faithful to his wife and never pretended to be.
He once boasted in an interview that in one year alone he had sex with 250 different women.
He had numerous affairs and his wife knew about at least some of them.
They never divorced and apparently he was devoted to her just not enough to keep his trousers up.

With regards to your other point I agree completely. She has a serious lack of boundaries.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think you only gave half a story here. No man would stay quiet in a situation like this if it truly happened. So tell us the whole story here? Are you jealous of this co-worker? I suggest you put your big man pants on and stop sulking. This is not 1800. Women have a right to dance and enjoy themselves without their partners/husbands being jealous of them of having a great time. If this was true I would have gone to dance with her myself not come on a forum to sulk about it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
look, I am quite new in this forum... but is everyone just accusing the one or the other side just for the hell of it?!?!? No chilled out opinions??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don’t know what you want to see written here!? Your post is not convincing. Especially coming back clarifying the situation that it was not a sexual move. People go out to enjoy themselves and by having a dance I see nothing wrong about. No need for your male ego to go feel attacked here
actually, unless you have quite a few accounts in this forum you are fairly new too so no need to respond to me on this? What I wanted to see is your opinion.... you did make it clear, no need to continue the drama, no?

·
Premium Member
18,069 Posts
When alcohol flows in, commonsense flows out!

If this is a one-off-er, I would write it off as just being dumb.

That said......keep an eye out for this irregular thinking, rhythmic lady.

She follows the beat, she follows her like-feathered friends.

Flocking to, with, not fleeing adolescent behavior.

Her boundaries 'may' need to be redrawn.

I too, would be pissed at the dude!

Just Sayin'

[THM]- SCM

·
Registered
15,676 Posts

However he has admitted to having countless lovers.

·
Registered
15,676 Posts
Hey,

Thanks for your responses but I think that there were some misunderstandings here:

1. I should have clarified my wife has zero knowledge of US or European music so she didn't know the song.
2. She didn't really do any 'sexual dancing' with the guy - she just kept dancing... to give an idea we were standing around a bar table and they were opposite to each other.... so if I gave you the impression that there any sexual dance then it was inaccurate.

The reason for opening this thread is that, after explaining her the lyrics of the song she was insisting that I am too jealous for getting annoyed by that so I wanted to get a few opinions... you were quite clear but a few of you created a bit of too much drama out of it... could be a misunderstanding.
How could she be both standing around a bar table AND dancing?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Where is your wife from? Dancing is perceived differently in other cultures. I'm Hispanic so I can dance salsa with a complete stranger but that's part of our culture. We know our stranger's dancing boundaries, it's like a "dance etiquette" that I don't see in America. Me and my female Hispanic friends go to Latin clubs because we love to dance and my American husband knows it (he's a terrible dancer!) and he's ok with it. I think he's relieved that he doesn't have to go out dancing with me, lol! However, I do not go to regular dance clubs or dance at American parties. Last time I went to a bachelorette party at a country bar, a drunk man grabbed me and try to hump my leg! Twerking! It was awful!! I felt disrespected and embarrassed!! I don't understand the dancing dynamics of the American culture...

·
Banned
6,721 Posts
Don’t know what you want to see written here!? Your post is not convincing. Especially coming back clarifying the situation that it was not a sexual move. People go out to enjoy themselves and by having a dance I see nothing wrong about. No need for your male ego to go feel attacked here
I notice you have been a member less than a week. We do have some rules about civility here. Attacking another newbie is probably not the best move.

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
"Drunk and happy parties' give me the creeps--all sorts of boundaries are crossed. The fact that you knew of playboy's reputation and his flirting is reason for growing uncomfortable. I can't imagine enjoying a bar table even part time with an uninhibited, playboy flirt.

What kind of standards are expected at a work party? This could carry over to the work place. I am old fashioned, but I think each of you should respect the others concerns and expectations. And I don't see this as arguing material, but martial compromise and loyalty.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.