Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
interesting thought i just came to.

Are men afraid of women?

As males we have a huge ego and constantly feel the need boast men feel they are born superior to women and believe this all there lives. Men feel inferior to better looking, richer, more powerful males who find success in what they do. While many males would never admit their true feelings in the open plenty feel inferior and quite inadequate to the upper echelon of successful men and envy them however because of their ego and inability to cope with their emotions as well as women might men feel the need to act out. Long story short men's oppression of women is not the same of men's oppression of other men or of men and women of particular ethnic groups/races. For in instance in which men carried out genocide and horrific crimes against other men or particular groups there was always typically the true belief that those people were inferior and they based this off logical assumptions and what they perceived to be evidence in the world that proves their superiority.

However when it comes to women of the same socioeconomic background and of same say 'class" lets say racially the same and religiously men tend to like those women more so especially if she is pretty. But they cannot stand the idea of her being powerful and can never admit she might be better than him. In other words a man can admit in his own mind that other men are superior to him but he can never admit that he is inferior to a woman.

Men think about women all the time. While you can pin point a billion supposed reasons why men are superior to women it wont change that he thinks about her all the time and desires the woman all the time. Men who truly love women (some) can admit she is superior to him, he can admit the negative feelings and anger and resentment he has felt at times to her he can admit that he is powerless to her and that he so desires her, he can admit the reason he wants to dominate her at times is to prove how manly he is and because she is weaker he can but the fact that a man has to go through all of this in life is it not evidence that he is helpless?

you can state that women believe men to be superior and the fact women want to be owned at times but is that not just because they are unaware of men's true feelings toward them? In other words society throughout human history has tried to shape women to make them feel inadequate to the man. The woman is yes more emotional and softer she is submission in nature at times but does that mean she is truly weaker? If anything her not needing to act out and dominate men is a sign of pure assurance in oneself her confidence is higher because she can be real with herself and not need to "gain power" and "dominate" all in order to "feel good".

why do men develop incredibly high super egos?

why do men rise to power and want to dominate? because men associate power with success and that gets you women.

Men are afraid of beautiful women who are successful, its a fear and unlike acts of cruelty committed to other men, acts against women are because the man is feeling inadequate. Because he is stronger than the woman he can put her down he can own her, he can control her.

What i am trying to state is women have a power over men but the vast majority do not realize it because they look at the world and see all that men do and than see the average woman's status throughout history. But in reality she is idolized, she is beautiful, men want to badly to trade places with her and be the object that is always desired. The woman is all that he wants and idolizes she can never understand his insane desire to own her and he no mater how much he dominates her he still loses because he is powerless and must give in.

So badly does the man want to almost be rid of his curse to be free but he cannot do it so he creates the super ego and from an early age boys develop this while girls do not perhaps they do not because of the way males have ruled the world. Men have to go around and tell themselves they are so great, do manly things, try and gain power and put girls in their place and be the man but if you think of it its very silly, its the prime example of someone who cannot cope with their feelings and is almost constantly insecure.

I just thought of this and decided to ramble on

Thoughts?

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
Given what you said, I must unequivocably say that I am afraid of those women who are either superior to me from a socio-economic standpoint. But that's just probably me.

Big disparity in that realm between me and my STBXW. While falling in love with her, over the course of time, I came to fear her wealth, her social standing, her religion, her politics(we were a lot like James Carville and Mary Matalin); but although she greatly professed her love for me and my simple laid-back values, I would like to say that the other men that she strayed for were from that upper socio-economic strata.

I am so much more at ease with women who are like me in that respect.

But the stranger thing is that I have absolutely no fear of my male counterparts that come from that same stratification as some of them are my very best friends!

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
What i am trying to state is women have a power over men but the vast majority do not realize it because they look at the world and see all that men do and than see the average woman's status throughout history. But in reality she is idolized, she is beautiful, men want to badly to trade places with her and be the object that is always desired. The woman is all that he wants and idolizes she can never understand his insane desire to own her and he no mater how much he dominates her he still loses because he is powerless and must give in.
^^^^^^^^^^
This is the genesis of the battle of the sexes.
Some women think equality is being like a man , and some men are very confused viz a man's role in life.

Some of the most powerful men in history were brought to their knees by a woman.
A woman's power is in her influence , what she could prevent from happening as well as what she could make happen.

I don't think a man should be afraid of a successful woman.
I own a business in a field dominated 90% by very powerful, connected women. Women who are recognized locally and internationally.
I am not their equal in talent or experience. But I am not afraid of them.
What has made my business successful is befriending them.
They became my friends because I RESPECTED them and their work.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
I would say there are many women out there who grew up with a princess syndrome world view and as they matured it morphed into a monstrous self love and belief that what they want is not lovers or husbands or men, but employees.
this behavior shows inside of their friendships too...they don't have friends,they have fan clubs.

i'll never understand this way of thinking.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I would say there are many women out there who grew up with a princess syndrome world view and as they matured it morphed into a monstrous self love and belief that what they want is not lovers or husbands or men, but employees.
I think the same could be said for some men too. Just keep giving them sex no matter what or how they treat ya, and all will be well in the world. :p:D Well, their world rather.

·
Registered
980 Posts
My dads first wife, (my mother) was very submissive, of course he wasn't afraid of her. His second wife, was not submissive. She spoke her mind, was a strong confident, independent woman. He was more afraid of her, than his first wife. I loved my mother dearly, great woman, and I respected her. However, I have to say I believe I really admired my step mother, simply because she wasn't afraid to speak her mind and let her voice be heard.

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
My dads first wife, (my mother) was very submissive, of course he wasn't afraid of her. His second wife, was not submissive. She spoke her mind, was a strong confident, independent woman. He was more afraid of her, than his first wife. I loved my mother dearly, great woman, and I respected her. However, I have to say I believe I really admired my step mother, simply because she wasn't afraid to speak her mind and let her voice be heard.
Funny that you should mention your mother, because I believe that with men,their first perception of women comes from their mothers.
Both my maternal grandmother and my mom were powerful,strong , dominant women.
My grandmother had 13 children, two of them were girls.
Right to her death bed,she was the undisputed head of the family.
But she was very clever, and well respected in her community.
My mother was the same.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Funny that you should mention your mother, because I believe that with men,their first perception of women comes from their mothers.
I agree. I also think the father helps to set the stage for how their sons treat women too. So its not all based on how a woman acts, submissive or not, but its also partly how the man reacts to that as well.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.