Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site....just joined a couple of minutes ago actually!! I am going through a difficult, frustrating and a drawn out divorce proceeding. Starting to feel like I am at my wit's end as I am unable to move forward with my life until I am legally divorced. The process has taken over 5 years to date and not near completion yet. I am here to seek support and to possibly speak to someone who has gone through a similar situation. Pointers on how to cope would be great. Thanks :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Welcome, why is it taking so long? Give us a bit more info. More folks who have been in your situation will probably be on later as it tends to quiet down on a weekend and this is a long weekend.

·
Super Moderator
28,817 Posts
I am new to this site....just joined a couple of minutes ago actually!! I am going through a difficult, frustrating and a drawn out divorce proceeding. Starting to feel like I am at my wit's end as I am unable to move forward with my life until I am legally divorced. The process has taken over 5 years to date and not near completion yet. I am here to seek support and to possibly speak to someone who has gone through a similar situation. Pointers on how to cope would be great. Thanks :)
Welcome, @Fianait. I see from your flag that you are in Eire? Which might explain the long divorce process?

There are special sub-sections for people going through divorce, so please post there when you feel able.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
This happens when a couple is more interested in screwing over each other than actually moving on in a mature fashion. Is that the case here?

·
Super Moderator
28,817 Posts
This happens when a couple is more interested in screwing over each other than actually moving on in a mature fashion. Is that the case here?
It's in Eire. Divorce was barred by the Catholic church for years.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
My divorce took 7 years. My ex was very greedy and unreasonable (and bipolar, so good decisions were not a strength), despite my making several very generous offers. In the end, she got far less than she wanted, so time was on my side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts