Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
They are protesting in support of protesting. I didn't think portland could get weirder. Oregon should just cede the city to Washington.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
What's odd is that this story is making almost no waves in the local news. Another night of protests, another dollar, probably because FTMP it's almost exclusively peaceful now and this town has a long history of Sport Protesting.

The presence of the Feds is what's causing this to be a national story. The're not needed, not wanted, and should probably just go home.

Edit: I was out of the news loop over the weekend, I guess this is starting to become a larger local story than it was last week.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
They are protesting in support of protesting. I didn't think portland could get weirder. Oregon should just cede the city to Washington.
They're gathering signatures now:

It won't happen, and usually it's the south trying to join northern California, but at least it's good clean entertainment.

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
Anonymous, untrained federal "police" with no agency markings and unmarked cars - reminiscent of Hitler's Brown Shirts. This will cause greater unrest and violence, and further - warranted - distrust of the federal government.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Who is most responsible for the day in and day out continuation of this crap; the local administration, Congress or the POTUS?.

Reactions: OnTheFly

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Send in the Marines. In a few minutes the situation would be under control.It would be Childs play but sadly the rules of engagement with the police officers is Ludicrous

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,533 Posts
I still don't get why people don't get this. People can stand outside the Justice Center and the Federal Courthouse and chant all day. It's irritating but no one really cares about it :p But if the police have declared it a riot, and you continue to stay, you are committing a crime. If you do damage to property that is not your own, you are committing a crime. If you are violent, you are committing a crime. It's pretty simple really--don't commit a crime and there's no problem.

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
Portland, where a bunch of whiny babies assault each other, assault police, burn ****, throw ****, deface **** and otherwise destroy public and private property, AND THEN … cry foul and “police brutality” while posting conveniently edited videos to the Twitter Mob.

The whiny babies have been at this for 50+ days, there is no purpose involved and this has **** all to do with any civil rights issues. It’s just an en masse tantrum.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Portland, where a bunch of whiny babies assault each other, assault police, burn *, throw *, deface **** and otherwise destroy public and private property, AND THEN … cry foul and “police brutality” while posting conveniently edited videos to the Twitter Mob.

The whiny babies have been at this for 50+ days, there is no purpose involved and this has **** all to do with any civil rights issues. It’s just an en masse tantrum.
It may have started about civil rights but it is definitely not about civil rights now

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
They're gathering signatures now:

It won't happen, and usually it's the south trying to join northern California, but at least it's good clean entertainment.
There is actually a law on the Washington books that would allow it for us to frame a passage to become the 51st state in the North.

Olympia doesn't believe we have the means to sustain ourselves, agriculture and power, and data farms to start.

I think their bigger fear is we do.

Try us...

·
Premium Member
3,131 Posts
In another post @farsidejunky said "Freedom is messy"

Freedom is messy... this is true.

Both side employ MAD tactics in a MAD environment, tyranny is subjective depending on which side of the force used you are on.

The federal government can pick and choose where they want their offices.. they are not dependent on location or a funded or defunded police force. We had a federal building close down in the town near us because it was not economical to maintain such a building, they closed up and were gone "like that" and left vacant for over a decade before being sold so they can do it easily, why not Portland? I'll bet there are towns in Eastern Oregon that would love the jobs a federal building would bring. They should invite them, and if they become wearisome you can ask them to leave like Portland has but I doubt Portland will keep their unmindfulness in Portland.

That said, the Feds do own their buildings, why should the federals not have their rights to protect their properties as much as I do, in some ways our taxpayer money is being held hostage in the middle.

Portland wants the feds gone... does that include any funding?

That should go too.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts