Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hello!

I'm not in mid life crisis stage yet... (too young) lol. I remember writing a post last year asking suggestions for a change in careers.
I'm sort of stuck I want to purse my dreams but I had to put them on hold because of my spouse he was ill for a long time and I was the sole breadwinner. Still am. But things have a taken a turn for the better all I have to do is hold out for one more year and I can seriously think about what I want to do. I think the biggest issue right now is pursing my dreams but still bringing in sufficient income for the two of us.

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello!

I'm not in mid life crisis stage yet... (too young) lol. I remember writing a post last year asking suggestions for a change in careers.
I'm sort of stuck I want to purse my dreams but I had to put them on hold because of my spouse he was ill for a long time and I was the sole breadwinner. Still am. But things have a taken a turn for the better all I have to do is hold out for one more year and I can seriously think about what I want to do. I think the biggest issue right now is pursing my dreams but still bringing in sufficient income for the two of us.
God bless you for being the sole breadwinner for your family. I hope your spouse is recovering and that you will start the career that brings you much happiness.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not quite 'mid-life', but I went back to university in my late 20's and graduated with a useful BS degree when I was 31. It was a struggle; but I was single then and it has paid off handsomely...both in income and opportunities, and in personal development.

For someone much older than that there'd have to be quite a payout to make an extended period out of the workforce worthwhile, probably better to pursue a shorter educational path with more bang for the buck.

·
Banned
8,906 Posts
How much worse can it be than your current situation? I'm not saying that to be cruel, but simply realistic. Do you have something in mind that you'd like to try?

C

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much worse can it be than your current situation? I'm not saying that to be cruel, but simply realistic. Do you have something in mind that you'd like to try?

C
Everything I have in mind I don't do. And I don't know why. Everything I am good at is very hard to make a living at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.