Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some background about my MIL family. She believes in divide and rule policy. My DH has 2 brothers and a sister; all including their parents’ are arrogant people. I don’t get along with anybody in his family, because they ***** about everybody behind their backs and my mil thinks that I am controlling my husband. My husband is passive aggressive, if he gets mad (for nothing) he doesn’t talk to anybody for months together and he never discuss anything with me, always it’s his way or no way kind of a person. Even my siblings don’t get along with him. I never control him. My niece (husband’s side) delivered recently and which I am unaware of. In my recent trip to my country, while talking to my husband’s sister-in-law, I said that we (my husband and I) didn’t talk to each other for 3 months, we were busy with work and just routine stuff, and maybe that’s the reason he didn’t mention about his niece’s delivery. Husband’s sis-in-law is big mouthed and she mentioned that to my MIL. When I visit my country I visit my mil as soon as I land there and visit her once or twice in my whole trip. They never call me or invite me to be with them. This time, I just visited her as soon as I landed there and couldn’t visit them as I was busy with my grandmother’s surgery and taking care of my mom. I told my MIL about the situation. As soon as I came back, my husband started blaming my mil that nobody invites us when we are there and after coming back everybody complains, so she told him that ‘you people doesn’t even talk to each other in 2,3 months and what are you expecting from us’. So he starts yelling at me saying I am talking about him behind his back, I tried to tell him in which context I said that but he didn’t listen to me and keep yelling at me saying I am lying and if I lie he will lose trust and then this relationship doesn’t mean anything. It’s better to separate blah, blah, blah. I never lied to him and he never listens to me he just says whatever comes to his mind and then leaves. We can’t even try to explain and no discussion afterwards. He is like this since last 23 yrs. After few days or months he is ok again, but I can’t get over these and I can’t discuss with him. If I tried to start any discussion that leads to an altercation, in his view point always I am wrong. Not sure how to handle this. Any help?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.