Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've outlined my story elsewhere on this site, things went from bad..the reason I found this site, to unbearably worse on Christmas Eve. My S/O - since we're not legally married - told me that she was done, that she loves me but not IN love. Needs her space, wants me to move out. All by 6PM Christmas Eve. Im devastated, we have two kids. I'm sure this is a pretty old story around this parts, not the first, not the last.

·
Administrator
45,120 Posts
I hope you are not moving out. It's your legal residence as well. You should not leave your children.

Perhaps you should see an attorney to find out your rights in all of this.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Agree with EleGirl ,you should have said since you love me then there is no way I am leaving this house until I am ready and you know I am safe and warm unless you have other houses.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agree with EleGirl ,you should have said since you love me then there is no way I am leaving this house until I am ready and you know I am safe and warm unless you have other houses.
No, no other property. I don't have a support group or friends here. We're outsiders to the area.

It is not my choice to leave, and I can't imagine a time when I'd have to. Just because I can't imagine it doesn't mean that it might not be a dark reality someday. Yes it's my home too, and just because she wants to be through isn't the reason for me to leave, I know that much. I haven't DONE anything awful that would cause me to be forcibly removed. I'm not like that. I feel there there are so many other alternatives to explore before it has to come to any of that. It's been mentioned that she might already be "gone" from the relationship, but I don't know. She said that she wanted "space" and if I was to get back in her life I would need to do it from a distance...even used the "if you love something, let it go...". BS.

She said she might consider allowing me back in, but she'd need to be "dated", and right now she's put herself back on the market I suppose saying we're not a couple.

·
Administrator
45,120 Posts
Why not tell her that if she wants to be back on the market that she is free to move out. She will however need to leave your children in their family home with you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Why do you have to get out? She's the one who seems to want "out" of the marriage.

And if she's put herself on the market - let her do that away from plain view of the children.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.