Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
August 25, 2013 my husband and I will be married. Last year my husband had an affair, and I had an affair but I forgive him and he forgave me. None of our families know about the affair. When I found out my DH cheated I kick him out of the house, he went back to Jersey for awhile. My family thinks he just abandon us, I moved home with my parents until then. Since we been married, my family has always been causing issues in this marriage. Sometimes I would go to my family to vent doesn't mean I want a divorce sometimes I just wanted them to listen. My family doesn't see all the good he does, my husband was in the Army but he choose to get out because he wanted to finish his degree ( hes almost done BTW) My family constantly insulting him to me, how's hes not a man, a man needs to work they don't support his decision at all about going to school and better his life. If he has his Bachelors he would support us better i would assume. Well not in my family eyes.

My family really not give him a chance because my mother would bash him to the entire family she will call my grandmother, than my aunt, than the entire family about what hes doing. March 2012, DH job was laying people off so DH quit and I lost my job as well. We asked my parents if we stay there because the economy was getting really bad in the area we are living in. My mother and father both told me that the kids and you can stay but DH can't stay, its not my job to take care of a man...

Basically my parents saying that they didn't want us to be together, my husband took a job overseas in Afghanistan just to support our family because of the lack of jobs and etc. My family keep pressuring me to divorce him. I have 2 kids from a previous marriage and 1 child with my DH.

My dad on the other hand, when my husband and I quietly decided to work it out everyday my parents will talk about DH it got to the point it was annoying. He's my kid father if i choose to stay with him or not I didn't want any drama with them and DH.

If I chose to work it out, my family say I am a idiot. DH made some bad choices in life. For example, he's from Jersey ( his parents are sick) so DH has always provided for them until one day his brother knock sense to him told him your wife comes first if you wanted to take care of mommy and daddy u should have never decided to get married.

Than DH husband family was just jealous of me, because DH stop providing for them. I was the reason why they couldn't pay their bills and etc. They would constantly tell DH to divorce me from his crazy sister, to his mom and dad. His dad was the majority one because he just didn't want me there when we were living together.

DH provided for my sons that weren't his provided medical, dental, bought him things like clothes, Christmas presents because DS biological father doesn't pay child support and will never have either.

Basically if your struggling in my family they assume your not a man, but DH has always had a job to support us and he just went through a struggle when he left the Army. They don't seem to acknowledge that DH has PTSD and TBI they think its a weakness.

My family wants me to be married to someone like my dad, and they cant just accept that I loved my husband and yes we fight and argue sometimes. But we always work it out and DS is bonded to my husband he knows my DH only because DH has raised my son since he was 2 1/2 yrs old.

In my parents eyes, they dont see all the good things that my husband has done for us just see the bad.

I basically have to lie to my parents that DH and I are divorcing in order to get them to stop talking about him and etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My family doesn't think DH and I are together just because it makes things a little easier to not deal with their drama period. That doesnt help either because they always ask me questions like if hes paying child support, has he called blah blah everytime they call its always something about DH. Its like they cant stop talking about him. All they do is worry about DH and his life... It gets annoying i just tell them No so they wont talk about anything....They dont understand him like I do... They dont understand hes my son father and hes gone to war and been to deployed he saw some things and my family just think i should just leave him....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.