Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...
i have an anniversary coming up (9 year) and was wondering about something.
so we have had some issues basically not spending enough time together. I confronted a guy that was sending her inappropriate private msgs over Facebook, we have 2 kids etc...

I have been trying to implement no more mr nice guy techniques as well as marriage builder. we have identified our needs and trying to make them met.

i always plan anniversaries and special occasions, dinner, drinks, vacations, etc...

i feel if i didnt make plans she wouldn't, or maybe she knows i will so she doesn't?/

should i plan something for the 2 of us for our anniversary or let it go and see if she plans it??

·
Administrator
45,166 Posts
If it's been the norm for you to plan these things then do it this year.

Or you can start to change things a bit by talking to her and getting her involved in the planing.

If you normall do it and don't, waiting to see if she plans something... that's passive agressive. It's a sh!t test that she will most likely fail just because she will expect you to do what you normally do.

I'd suggest that the two of you go to a Marriage Builder's weekend. I hear they are wonderful for getting a relationship back on track.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Anniversaries can be tuff.

When my wife and I first married (and money was tight) it was easier we would make each cards and give gifts of service (my wife would cook me my favorite meal / I would look after the babies while the wife had a long soak it a tub full of bubble). As the years went by we settled into a routine. I would organize an evening / night out (the picture or a show) for the two of us with one of the Nan’s looking after the kids.
Now we do discuss the sort of things that we want to do and we set a budget (not very romantic I know but sensible none the less) but it is one of my pleasures / treats to make the final selection / arrangements.

Whatever you decide on for this year (do plan it or consult then plan) I hope both have a great time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.