Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

we’re new here! So, my husband and I will be celebrating our second wedding anniversary.

I really wish I could think of an annual gift I give every year to build a collection. For example, everytime I go on vacation...I get my younger brother a shot glass.

my friend gets a gold dipped rose every year her husband and her spend together.... she has a beautiful was trying to think is something for us. Instead of buying a new outfit like last year 😳. TBH...I THINK that’s what I bought.

Like a magnet, piece of china, collector spoon...that’s the best I can come up with which is lame

Any creative ideas?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,849 Posts
From year one together, I got us engraved champagne glasses - then each year a different type of wine / champagne glass engraved. I think it got to about year six when hubs pointed out that we likely don't need any more glasses! We have been together 25 years now. Honestly, I'm glad I stopped doing them. It would be a room full by now. And in actuality, we don't typically use them. We don't really exchange anniversary gifts anymore; opting for a shared experience, or just spending time together. In recent years, it's been a simple picnic, that kind of thing. From this view, so long as there's shared laughter, the rest is detail.

So that may not be helpful to you..! But putting my thinking cap on for ya, how about a framed photo? At least after a few years, you could build a collage instead of having lots of framed photos! Or you could make a collage for each year, then replace when the next year comes around.

Maybe others will have some good ideas for you.

Reactions: MattMatt

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
How big of a collection are we talking here? 7 or 10 or 20 30 50. At this point I'm pretty glad I just scratch a notch in the cell wall.

·
Registered
498 Posts
My husband gives me traditional anniversary gifts. For example, for our 16th wedding anniversary he gave me a designer's silver vase, since a vase is a traditional gift for a 16th wedding anniversary. The vase is part of a collection and he kept on giving me different pieces for different dates, like Valentine's day or mother's day. For our 17th wedding anniversary we are supposed to get a piece of furniture. We haven't decided what we want yet.

You can Google different traditions you want to start.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
I'm pretty sure Andy killed this thread 5 months ago. But I have to admit coming up with something for our 33.33 year anniversary is going to be a lot harder than the second anniversary was. cruise is out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.