Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone & Merry Christmas to those that celebrate it,
I'm the one that posted the other day about my incredibly forgetful husband. I have another issue with him that I need help with. He gets very angry very easily and it seems to happen at least once a day. It manifests by him yelling, he's 6'5" & I'm 5'2", so his yelling is pretty intimidating. He will argue w/me & our son, get the whole house in chaos & then go for a walk so he can calm down. Then I'm left to deal w/an upset 6yr old (that may have ADD) while I myself are upset. Yesterday he flipped out & was going to go for a walk when I asked him to please wait & watch our son so I could calm down, he said, "if I have to do that I'll just take him with me." Our son was just the day before at the Dr. & diagnosed with a double ear infection & a virus. It was around 7pm, 32°, raining off & on & very windy. I told him that was ridiculous, he can't take our sick son out, he'll get sicker. So then we argued about that. I finally said "nevermind if you can't put our sons health before your wants just go." So he did. I asked him today to please for the next 2 days to go out of his way to be nice & not yell. He & our son bicker alot so I asked him to nip any arguments w/me or our son in the bud. I figured if we both stop arguing w/each other as soon as we realize we're doing it the day will go better. He said he can't do that, he said if someone says something to him he has to respond. He said that his anger just builds to a point that he doesn't care whether he's yelling or cursing. What am I supposed to do with that?

He also is spending an increasing amount of time playing games on his phone. When he is at home he spends 90% of his time playing games. Part of the time its because my son wants to sit in his lap & play a game with him. But he does sit on the couch & play by himself. I've told him that I hate having to speak w/him when he's staring @ his damn phone. There have even been times when he'll stay up until 7 am by himself playing. He used to tell me I should be happy he's @ home & not out at a bar. We get a bad cell signal in the house so there are times he'll sit out in the cold to use a free wifi signal. I understand he uses this to relax (he almost never drinks or anything). I'm not asking him to never play, just limit it. He doesn't think there's a problem & I think he thinks I'm trying to control him. We do deal with a lot of stress, I have a lot of health issues so he has to do things like get groceries (I provide a list) & our son is so hyper & has to be asked to do the samethings day in & day out. I'm happy that I'm blessed enough to stay @ home & homeschool him. It's really difficult, but I know if he was at public school they would want to medicate him & I'm not ready to take that step yet. Sorry, this is a lot longer post then I thought it was going to be. I guess I'm looking for advice for with how to deal with all this.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.