Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it weird for me to think that my wife should be able to take off her shirt and bra (like a guy) if it's a hot day, even in public?

We live in the hot Caribbean, AC is not everywhere at all. Is there an "all knowing" moral compass when we're talking in a practical nature (working outside in heat etc)?

I am not some strange guy here I promise, I am just trying to figure out if I'm really off the mark and why do I feel that it's okay if someone else sees any gender's top half. By the way, I do believe that EVERYONE'S bottom half should be covered...that is appropriately deemed private to an individual. So...am I weird?

·
Registered
241 Posts
i think societal norms call for women's breasts to be covered. there are places where it's allowed (as well as complete nudity) but generally speaking the breasts keep covered.

·
Registered
20,603 Posts
Is it weird for me to think that my wife should be able to take off her shirt and bra (like a guy) if it's a hot day, even in public?
Yes, it's weird. Some things should be kept for oneself. Also, women and men do not have the same thing going on on their chests. Women have breasts whereas men don't.

Usually people in the Caribbean are acclimated to the weather if they live there so I am surprised by what you are saying.

I travel to the Carribbean extensively and have my entire life and have never, nor would I ever, run around sans shirt and especially without a bra. No way. (With the exception of being shirtless at the beach but even then I have a bikini on).

It's not the same for a woman as it is for a man.

********************** | ***************************************** | ***************************************

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Also, women and men do not have the same thing going on on their chests. Women have breasts whereas men don't.
Umm, I do (though thankfully they are still almost unnoticable) So do lots of men, especially older ones, and lots of teenage guys do too, even some bodybuilders have them. google "gynecomastia". Men can even get breast cancer. So are you suggesting only men that don't have this condition should be allowed to take off their shirts?

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
I think people make too big a deal about breasts.

Our culture just obsesses about them. It's stupid. Here in Los Angeles, you see more than enough breasts popping out of clothing... But god forbid a woman breastfeed in public! OMG!! That's not DECENT! /rolleyes.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I'm pretty sure here in NY it's legal to walk around topless as a woman..

I think I actually still have the issue of cosmo that listed all the states/cities that allow it.

Personally, there is enough of guys looking down my shirt to not warrant any need to expose myself further, and I'm pretty sure most other women agree, its enough of a slight annoyance as it is, no need to make it worse :p

·
Registered
9,668 Posts

We live in the hot Caribbean, AC is not everywhere at all. Is there an "all knowing" moral compass when we're talking in a practical nature (working outside in heat etc)?

I am not some strange guy here I promise, I am just trying to figure out if I'm really off the mark and why do I feel that it's okay if someone else sees any gender's top half. By the way, I do believe that EVERYONE'S bottom half should be covered...that is appropriately deemed private to an individual. So...am I weird?
I'll weigh in. Yes.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Umm, I do (though thankfully they are still almost unnoticable) So do lots of men, especially older ones, and lots of teenage guys do too, even some bodybuilders have them. google "gynecomastia". Men can even get breast cancer. So are you suggesting only men that don't have this condition should be allowed to take off their shirts?
That is a good rule of thumb. Go with that.

Women's breasts are a "secondary" sexal organ. Men's are not.
I don't think men should be breast feeding children in public either.

"These are not the breasts you are looking for"

·
Registered
20,603 Posts
So are you suggesting only men that don't have this condition should be allowed to take off their shirts?
Nowhere in my post did it say that.

Our culture just obsesses about them. It's stupid. Here in Los Angeles, you see more than enough breasts popping out of clothing... But god forbid a woman breastfeed in public! OMG!! That's not DECENT! /rolleyes.
Boobies make the world go 'round. :p

Women's breasts are a "secondary" sexal organ. Men's are not.
This.

********************** | ***************************************** | ***************************************

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
That is a good rule of thumb. Go with that.
no, I refuse. I will always be proud of my naked chest, whether I have man boobies or not.

I also have absolutely no qualms about women breastfeeding in public. Plus there is enough sexuality being broadcast all over the place anyway, boobs are pretty much popping out and often nothing is left to the imagination anyway so what really is so offensive about an areola? We can't see a naked booby, but we can watch people shaking their booty, getting drunk, doing debauchery. If it is so offensive than how come we are so open about naked actors on tv, internet etc? hypocrisy I say.

·
Registered
828 Posts
no, I refuse. I will always be proud of my naked chest, whether I have man boobies or not.

I also have absolutely no qualms about women breastfeeding in public. Plus there is enough sexuality being broadcast all over the place anyway, boobs are pretty much popping out and often nothing is left to the imagination anyway so what really is so offensive about an areola? We can't see a naked booby, but we can watch people shaking their booty, getting drunk, doing debauchery. If it is so offensive than how come we are so open about naked actors on tv, internet etc? hypocrisy I say.
Ever see that one set of boobies you just didn't want to see? or that set under a shirt that still make you queezy?

OR even that girl that if she dressed for her size, would do herself so much good and show off her real beauty?

you really want to see that walking around topless?

that might be harsh, but I know where my flaws lie and hide them..not everyone does..and i can't imagine some of the horrors that would be walking around topless if it were allowed o.o

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Ever see that one set of boobies you just didn't want to see? or that set under a shirt that still make you queezy?

OR even that girl that if she dressed for her size, would do herself so much good and show off her real beauty?

you really want to see that walking around topless?

that might be harsh, but I know where my flaws lie and hide them..not everyone does..and i can't imagine some of the horrors that would be walking around topless if it were allowed o.o
sounds very judgemental to me. I think all bodies are beautiful, even the ones that may be neglected or worn out in some way. If you don't like it then don't look.

·
Registered
828 Posts
sounds very judgemental to me. I think all bodies are beautiful, even the ones that may be neglected or worn out in some way. If you don't like it then don't look.
Easier said than done.

judgemental, maybe. honest? absolutely.

to say you haven't seen something and been like "oh dear god why?!" you're either a saint, or lying to yourself.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts

CA = France with better weather. :p

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.