Talk About Marriage banner
1021 - 1029 of 1029 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Little harsh there Rob...

I wasn't interrogating her, not anywhere near that. It was the third time we had gone out, we were talking over dessert, and her story of how she and her ex broke up changed considerably from the prior time she had told me about it. I caught some inconsistencies in her story and simply asked her why her story changed. She got offended that I noticed and when I told her it was a legit question she got angry. That led to her getting all hot and the date ending fairly abruptly. She left me behind in the restaurant and when I caught up to her she refused to let me take her home. I guess she called an Uber home because I went ahead and left. At first I thought she had overreacted, but then later on I thought it might have all been an act. She knew she got caught in a lie and when she couldn't think of a way out of the lie she feigned anger as a diversionary tactic. When I still wasn't buying what she was selling she got up and left in a huff. I think it was kind of humorous looking back on it. Not a big issue for me anyway as I wasn't really into her and probably would not have asked her out again anyways.
The good news: You dodged another Drama Queen.
The bad news: You attracted another Drama Queen.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Not trying to belabor this thread, but I wanted to share something funny with you all. I lost a potential girlfriend last night. She said I was "vetting" her too much: i.e. asking too many questions about her past, probing into her private life too much. She didn't like the questions I was asking her about her prior relationship where she suddenly ended a ten year long term partnership for nebulous reasons. She stormed off and I sat there and realized I just dodged a narcissist. If not for what I have learned from TAM I might have set myself up for another emotional ass kicking down the road. Thank you all for the wisdom you have imparted to me. You really cannot trust anyone anymore.
You didn't lose a potential girlfriend. You lost a potential PROBLEM.

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
Yo......... hows life?

·
Registered
15,145 Posts
Little harsh there Rob...

I wasn't interrogating her, not anywhere near that. It was the third time we had gone out, we were talking over dessert, and her story of how she and her ex broke up changed considerably from the prior time she had told me about it. I caught some inconsistencies in her story and simply asked her why her story changed. She got offended that I noticed and when I told her it was a legit question she got angry. That led to her getting all hot and the date ending fairly abruptly. She left me behind in the restaurant and when I caught up to her she refused to let me take her home. I guess she called an Uber home because I went ahead and left. At first I thought she had overreacted, but then later on I thought it might have all been an act. She knew she got caught in a lie and when she couldn't think of a way out of the lie she feigned anger as a diversionary tactic. When I still wasn't buying what she was selling she got up and left in a huff. I think it was kind of humorous looking back on it. Not a big issue for me anyway as I wasn't really into her and probably would not have asked her out again anyways.
Those that have nothing to hide, hide nothing.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,025 ·
Yo......... hows life?
Doing well. Thank you for asking. A lot has been going on. I have been extremely busy lately as I have embarked on a business venture and have been putting in a good 80 hours a week getting it up and running. Hopefully once all is set up and in place I can peel back to a more normal 30-40. Semi-retirement was not suiting me well. I realized that one of the reasons I allowed a fraud like my exGF into my life was because I had gotten lackadaisical. I had lost my purpose and direction. Well, you all saw where that got me.

So I went about looking to start a venture into something that I was passionate about and that is what I have been pouring myself into, and I feel a thousand times better about myself. I have realized that I am most content when I am working, setting goals and meeting them. Dating, casual sex and looking for validation in others is a dead end. That is a lesson that I learned after the fiasco with my ex-wife, then forgot, then had to re-learn again after this last train wreck. I don't date much at all anymore and I am learning to be comfortable in my own company. I have many male friends who are doing the same as me. I have my dogs, my garden, my music, and my new business. Loneliness and aimlessness are no longer factors in my life.

1021 - 1029 of 1029 Posts