Talk About Marriage banner
581 - 600 of 656 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #584 ·
I can’t help but wonder if the exH stands to inherit a bunch of money once his mother died.

It may be why she was willing to pay so much attention to her exH after the mother died.

Did she seem like the gold digger type?
No. Her MIL was not wealthy. Most of the money MIL had was tied up in her husband's care. It is a great irony that the FIL, who suffers from severe dementia, is still among the living. I think the MIL wore herself out caring for her husband.

I think Sarah and her ex-husband-now-boyfriend and she have a codependent relationship. I like to think that when she was with me she was showing the best parts of what she could be, and her ex-now-boyfriend will be getting what he threw away in the first place. I don't get it. Dogs return to their vomit, no?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nothing. She has shown me who she is. I guess she could go back in time and tell her ex-husband to bury his own mom himself. But that would disrupt the space time continuum wouldn't it?
Don´t forget to tel me how if you get to know it, please.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #596 ·
Well I blame myself for assuming because I helped her and her sons out a lot, did lots of nice things for her, and showed her consistent love and affection that I should expect to receive the same treatment in return. I guess in this day and age that is old fashioned thinking. The more I pay attention to social media the more I realize how I am not cut out for the 21st Century. I find myself ensconcing myself in my house, rarely going out, just hanging out with my music and my dog and letting the rest of the world go on without me.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Well I blame myself for assuming because I helped her and her sons out a lot, did lots of nice things for her, and showed her consistent love and affection that I should expect to receive the same treatment in return. I guess in this day and age that is old fashioned thinking. The more I pay attention to social media the more I realize how I am not cut out for the 21st Century. I find myself ensconcing myself in my house, rarely going out, just hanging out with my music and my dog and letting the rest of the world go on without me.
It's not old fashioned thinking. It's just that you chose a bad one, choosing this woman.

There were red flags early on. There are nice women out there who are looking for something mutual who would never do what she did.

·
Registered
471 Posts
It's not required that you participate in social media.

Just saying.
Exactly!!

You don't have to do Instagram or Twitter or Facebook. I sure don't!

You're a good guy and by staying home you're not living life to the fullest. It doesn't mean that every time you go out you're on the hunt looking for women.

Nope. Just go out and do the things you enjoy. You're into music. Why not go check out some live music. Doesn't have to be Stadiums but smaller venues where you listen to jazz, blues, or any other type of music you enjoy.

Go check out music stores and look through vinyl albums etc. What other interests do you have? Go do these things because you enjoy it.

Don't let this past experience keep you from living your life to the fullest. So you got hurt. I get it....all of us will be at some point. Just because she did you wrong doesn't mean that every woman will. There's women out there who would cherish having a guy like you in their life but you got to be willing to get back out there.

Don't let fear of getting hurt again keep you from living your life. Remember you only get one life so CARPE DIEM!!

You might just meet some women while doing these things you enjoy and if you don't no biggie because you were doing something you like!!

When you're ready you'll get back out there and start putting yourself out there (dating). What about this couple you're friends with? Sarah's so called friend and her husband. They think highly of you....maybe they know someone who you may hit it off with.

The experience with Sarah was just one chapter of your life. Turn the page and see what's around the corner because you never know.

Love that last scene in the movie "Cast away" (at the crossroads out in the country after dropping off that FedEx package to that lady).

Also:
"Who knows what tomorrow will bring".

"Got to keep on breathing".

581 - 600 of 656 Posts