Talk About Marriage banner
221 - 240 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
Yeah that got people talking. I had several friends ask me the week after the funeral if Sarah and I had broke up.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
You handles it well, sir. I think it showed huge character on your part. What one does when they’re hurting and under stress...... telling.
You kept your composure, didn’t have a big argument with her, didn’t cry and plead..... just went your way and still treated the people who treated you right, with respect and compassion.

I just hate that it happened. You will find a better woman than she is, and it won’t be that difficult.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Thanks Evinrude. The issue im having a hard time resolving was just how good an actress and manipulator she is.
The only thing that will help you wrap your head around that is time. My last 10 years of life makes me feel at this point that I’m maybe incapable of falling in love with a woman and living happy with no negative relationship thoughts going through my head constantly. Don’t let that be you. They’re not all actors. I’m hopeful and have a mustard seed size faith that when I meet a good woman, I’ll know it, trust her, and be fine again with trust and confidence in someone.

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
Thanks Evinrude. The issue im having a hard time resolving was just how good an actress and manipulator she is.
Cmon man. You weren’t the first and won’t be the last to go through something like this. It happens to the best. So what. You’ll be fine.

The important thing is how you handled it. I get really tired of seeing weak ass doormats wallowing in crap like this.

You did great. She is an ass and you put her in her place. Good for you. Poor muffin.

Going forward let the contact with her sons die off. She’s there mom. Let them figure it out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Do you really think Sarah will go back with her ex? Actually I still don't get it why you so furious? maybe she was a little inappropriate at funeral, but who knows if that was her MIL's will asked her to do so. The point is she lost the loved one, she was grieving, why don't you give her a pass. at least read her texts and listen her voicemails to see if making sense.
Maybe you somewhat tired of her already before the funeral, that is why you don't wanna see and listen her any explanation ?

Sarah?

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Do you really think Sarah will go back with her ex? Actually I still don't get it why you so furious? maybe she was a little inappropriate at funeral, but who knows if that was her MIL's will asked her to do so. The point is she lost the loved one, she was grieving, why don't you give her a pass. at least read her texts and listen her voicemails to see if making sense.
Maybe you somewhat tired of her already before the funeral, that is why you don't wanna see and listen her any explanation ?
Are you from planet pussywhipped enabler?

What the heck.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #230 ·
Cmon man. You weren’t the first and won’t be the last to go through something like this. It happens to the best. So what. You’ll be fine.

The important thing is how you handled it. I get really tired of seeing weak ass doormats wallowing in crap like this.

You did great. She is an ass and you put her in her place. Good for you. Poor muffin.

Going forward let the contact with her sons die off. She’s there mom. Let them figure it out.
Yeah I guess I just feel like I should have seen some signs before it all went down. I have been a steady dater all my adult life: from right after my first marriage ended all the way to the present I have dated and slept with many women. I could always tell within the first ten minutes of a date whether or not I would take her back home, take her to bed, or ask her out on a second date. Sarah was the first gal in over a decade that I ever felt like "This may be the one... she may be the one I can settle down with." I mean, she deserves an Oscar for her performance. She totally pulled the wool over my eyes. Completely and utterly suckered.

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
Yeah I guess I just feel like I should have seen some signs before it all went down. I have been a steady dater all my adult life: from right after my first marriage ended all the way to the present I have dated and slept with many women. I could always tell within the first ten minutes of a date whether or not I would take her back home, take her to bed, or ask her out on a second date. Sarah was the first gal in over a decade that I ever felt like "This may be the one... she may be the one I can settle down with." I mean, she deserves an Oscar for her performance. She totally pulled the wool over my eyes. Completely and utterly suckered.
Look at it this way. You woke up quick and dealt with it. No harm done and you had a good time until she showed her true colors.

·
Premium Member
3,985 Posts
and she f*cked up my golf handicap too. I haven’t been able to play for crap.
Ah, go treat yourself to a new Scotty. That'll cure it for sure... 🙄

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
Sarah's boy got his guitar and amp last night. He called me up and is over the moon. Played some licks for me over the phone. The kid has some chops and he's so young! I asked if his mom was alright with it and he said she didn't say anything, so that's a relief. We talked a bit about how he's doing in school and it was a nice chat. Told him I wouldn't be around anymore but that he should keep my phone number if he ever needs someone to talk to. I will start backing away now

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Backing away is the only correct response.

And honestly, I wouldn't go down the road of her being a great actress. She probably went with the flow- she really enjoyed you, as you did her. Guessing in the back of her head, the ex was always there. I mean they have kids together, etc. My guess is the ex opened the door shortly before the funeral, she felt conflicted, and then at the funeral all the feelings came back. Doesn't mean she didn't have genuine feelings for you before that. You just got bumped out by a powerful force - an orbiting ex she shares kids/family with. It's a tough opponent in just about every case.

She has a weakness for him, as many would with a history like that.

In your shoes I would just chalk this up to one of your better runs. NEXT!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sarah's boy got his guitar and amp last night. He called me up and is over the moon. Played some licks for me over the phone. The kid has some chops and he's so young! I asked if his mom was alright with it and he said she didn't say anything, so that's a relief. We talked a bit about how he's doing in school and it was a nice chat. Told him I wouldn't be around anymore but that he should keep my phone number if he ever needs someone to talk to. I will start backing away now
That's awesome.

Like I said in a previous post, I'm not worried about you. Things are going to work out for you, I know it.

Sarah missed out big time in having a real male role-model in her son's life. She could have had her boy grow up to be a real man. It was all but guaranteed. You taught him that hard work pays off in the long run. That there are rewards at the end if he can keep his focus. You've taught him an appreciation for what he has and to give thanks for those that help him. Sarah screwed that all up. I am concerned this boy's worthless father is going to undo the good you brought to this boy's life. You were more of a Dad to that boy in 2 years than what his biological father will ever be. I hope in the back of his mind he remembers you when he's an adult and rekindles his friendship with you sometime in the future.

Sarah didn't say anything about the gift.... but you know in the back of her and her exhusband's mind they don't like it. 😁

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 ·
Backing away is the only correct response.

And honestly, I wouldn't go down the road of her being a great actress. She probably went with the flow- she really enjoyed you, as you did her. Guessing in the back of her head, the ex was always there. I mean they have kids together, etc. My guess is the ex opened the door shortly before the funeral, she felt conflicted, and then at the funeral all the feelings came back. Doesn't mean she didn't have genuine feelings for you before that. You just got bumped out by a powerful force - an orbiting ex she shares kids/family with. It's a tough opponent in just about every case.

She has a weakness for him, as many would with a history like that.

In your shoes I would just chalk this up to one of your better runs. NEXT!
Well it is the last time I ever get involved with a recent divorcee or any gal with kids. It hurts too bad to let go. Deep down I always wanted kids and I felt kind of like a surrogate dad to the two boys, even though I know that was wrong to do so. I also realize I was her rebound, and that just never works out. I was such an idiot to get that deep.

221 - 240 of 311 Posts