Talk About Marriage banner
201 - 220 of 311 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
The dinner with Barb and her husband went well and was a much needed respite from the loneliness I have been feeling over the past two weeks. We ate, drank, got lit and had an awesome time watching the game. It was the first real substantial meal I have had in weeks that I didn't try to throw up. Thankfully, we did not talk about Sarah or my situation at all. Barb was doting on me all night and chastising me for not eating and looking like ****. I think she feels bad on behalf of her crappy girlfriend. It was only when the Uber came to pick me up that Barb gave me a hug and told me that Sarah was an idiot for dumping me, and that one day she would live to regret it.
Everything you’ve been posting for the past few weeks goes to show how good of a man you are. No, I don’t mean the modern day “nice guy” or “pushover” man. I mean the real kind. The kind that has his ex-girlfriend’s son looking up to him instead of his deadbeat dad because his mom’s boyfriend is the better role model. The kind that his ex-girlfriend’s friend would rather hang out with because he has integrity and honor.

I’m not worried about you. I’m positive you will turn out great and have someone to share your life with.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
Everything you’ve been posting for the past few weeks goes to show how good of a man you are. No, I don’t mean the modern day “nice guy” or “pushover” man. I mean the real kind. The kind that has his ex-girlfriend’s son looking up to him instead of his deadbeat dad because his mom’s boyfriend is the better role model. The kind that his ex-girlfriend’s friend would rather hang out with because he has integrity and honor.

I’m not worried about you. I’m positive you will turn out great and have someone to share your life with.
Well thank you. That means a lot. As for Barb, I get the impression her friendship with Sarah is on a slippery slope right now. She has mentioned in passing that Sarah has burned her and other people before. Maybe once I am a little more emotionally distanced from this whole dog and pony show, I might ask Barb for some anecdotes about Sarah's past social faux pas.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Well thank you. That means a lot. As for Barb, I get the impression her friendship with Sarah is on a slippery slope right now. She has mentioned in passing that Sarah has burned her and other people before. Maybe once I am a little more emotionally distanced from this whole dog and pony show, I might ask Barb for some anecdotes about Sarah's past social faux pas.
Once you are more emotionally distanced, you won't give a ****.

I tip my hat to you, following up on your promise to the kid. And not wanting to take her back should she come crawling along with the "snot and tears".

You'll be just fine.

·
Registered
8,823 Posts
This shouldn’t surprise you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
of course her friendship with Sarah is on a slippery slope now, she hasn't been a real friend of her in the past, she try to offer her friendship to you now, maybe soon will become something more.
Barb is a snake in my opinion

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
Barb is a good gal. Her husband and I got to be friends because we are both into commodity trading online. Its a weird way to bond with another guy but we did. Hes a fun golf partner too: a keeper as far as friends go. Barb was friends with Sarah because they used to work together. Their friendship was already a bit shaky when I came on to the scene.

·
Registered
367 Posts
So this morning I unblocked Sarah's number and my phone loaded up with fifty-six missed calls and twenty-three texts. I flushed the texts without reading them. What would be the point? Deleted the calls and re-blocked her. I am also thinking about blocking most if not all of the common friends. I really don't want to be anywhere in her galaxy anymore. I'm so sick of this crap.

The nice thing about living in California is that my chances of running into Sarah out in public are virtually nil.
To your credit, you reached in 3 weeks a stage in the infidelity life cycle that's taken many 3 months or more to get to. You have much going for you so don't carry forward the sting of the negative experience, but the resolve you displayed. You are now better prepared having survived one of the most difficult emotional experiences one can endure and handled it.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Just read this story. Impressive job Arthur. I would have definitely read the texts and listed to any voicemails - not because I would have done anything, but because I am a curious creature. That took some discipline.

Yeah, I'd have zero tolerance for someone cozying back with an ex for any reason. That's always a huge threat and first indication of it being done, I'd be out of there. You just saw it really early, which was of great benefit.

My advice would be to put this woman out of your head. She was likely never the quality of woman you thought she was.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
I forgot to mention that I also gave Barb a box of Sarah’s things she left at my house. Barb is going to take them to her or maybe already has. The box includes lingerie and her Pocket Rocket. 😝
Lmao. That is super funny. And knowing a woman (hell I’d do it to, but added that just to irritate) she’s got to look through it before she gives it back unless told not to, lol.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
Lmao. That is super funny. And knowing a woman (hell I’d do it to, but added that just to irritate) she’s got to look through it before she gives it back unless told not to, lol.
I want Sarah’s ex to lay eyes on the contents. There are some massage oils and other sundries in there as well. Vindictive? Yep.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I want Sarah’s ex to lay eyes on the contents. There are some massage oils and other sundries in there as well. Vindictive? Yep.
Do you really think Sarah will go back with her ex? Actually I still don't get it why you so furious? maybe she was a little inappropriate at funeral, but who knows if that was her MIL's will asked her to do so. The point is she lost the loved one, she was grieving, why don't you give her a pass. at least read her texts and listen her voicemails to see if making sense.
Maybe you somewhat tired of her already before the funeral, that is why you don't wanna see and listen her any explanation ?

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
Do you really think Sarah will go back with her ex? Actually I still don't get it why you so furious? maybe she was a little inappropriate at funeral, but who knows if that was her MIL's will asked her to do so. The point is she lost the loved one, she was grieving, why don't you give her a pass. at least read her texts and listen her voicemails to see if making sense.
Maybe you somewhat tired of her already before the funeral, that is why you don't wanna see and listen her any explanation ?
SMH
Give her a pass on making out with her ex at the funeral all day and ignoring him, and then inviting her ex husband to a party he can’t come to, and again being all over hm to the point her own son was disgusted with her????

damn fluffy, really?!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
SMH
Give her a pass on making out with her ex at the funeral all day and ignoring him, and then inviting her ex husband to a party he can’t come to, and again being all over hm to the point her own son was disgusted with her????

damn fluffy, really?!!
to be accurate they were not making out. They held hands at the burial. Rest of the time they just sat next to each other like a united couple.

·
Registered
10,640 Posts
It looks like Sarah forgot he was her ex for a reason.

You're better off knowing now rather than later. Maybe send a little thank-you to MIL for kicking the bucket in a timely fashion.

201 - 220 of 311 Posts