·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Lmao
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
I honestly cannot understand this idea that alpha men are selfish, uncaring, narcissitic pricks. Where the hell did this notion come from? I dont understand how people can say an alpha is a leader and yet at the same time he doesnt have a caring bone in his body?

This makes no damn sense to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
739 Posts
Yeah, he can alpha his way out my damn door. I don't want some "yes" man, but I certainly don't want some piece of crap who cares about nothing. Why not just get a dildo? I mean all you have to do is stick it in the drawer and not look at it again until the next time.

·
Registered
208 Posts
A 'leader' in a capitalist society is usually a ruthless, profit-mongering [email protected] (and usually male), so perhaps that's the only way some men know how to 'lead'. As a society maybe we've trained our leaders that way, instead of training them to care for the group, look out for the people they lead, and do what is in the group's best interest, not the leader's best interest.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I think a lot of the hate for the whole "alpha-beta" topic comes from the thought that alpha is good, beta is bad and a person is only alpha or beta. World isn't black and white like that.

No, alpha isn't inherently good. It is about confidence and leading. It breeds attraction.
No, beta isn't inherently bad. It is about humbleness and hardwork. It breeds bonding.

Attraction without enough bonding makes short and only sexual relationships. Bonding without enough attraction puts you in a friendzone that you cannot escape if you try for a thousand years if you don't grow some balls.

And nobody is truly alpha or truly beta. It is a sliding scale. People aren't one-diensional, they have lots of different qualities.

These are my views, of course. There are a lot of different authors and views out there and that probably makes it a bit hard to get familiar with.

A 'leader' in a capitalist society is usually a ruthless, profit-mongering [email protected] (and usually male)
Come on now, this is exactly the misandrist crap i always talk about. The world saw a woman named Margaret Thatcher. There are a lot of CEOs and managers who are woman, that are ruthless and conniving. Power corrupts people, it has nothing to do with being male or female.

And btw, when women understand their own nature and stop falling for "bad boys" and players, the whole alpha-beta business will stop I assure you.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, he can alpha his way out my damn door. I don't want some "yes" man, but I certainly don't want some piece of crap who cares about nothing. Why not just get a dildo? I mean all you have to do is stick it in the drawer and not look at it again until the next time.
And if you go to Costco you can get a really good deal on batteries.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A 'leader' in a capitalist society is usually a ruthless, profit-mongering [email protected] (and usually male), so perhaps that's the only way some men know how to 'lead'. As a society maybe we've trained our leaders that way, instead of training them to care for the group, look out for the people they lead, and do what is in the group's best interest, not the leader's best interest.
Actually, I've been in the corporate world for a while. The most ruthless and aggressive people are middle management. The one at the top usually has a more even tempered demeanor and uses cooperative means to get the job done.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
If this is misandryst....
A 'leader' in a capitalist society is usually a ruthless, profit-mongering [email protected] (and usually male),
Come on now, this is exactly the misandrist crap i always talk about. The world saw a woman named Margaret Thatcher. There are a lot of CEOs and managers who are woman, that are ruthless and conniving. Power corrupts people, it has nothing to do with being male or female.
How is this not misogynist?

And btw, when women understand their own nature and stop falling for "bad boys" and players, the whole alpha-beta business will stop I assure you.

I'm sorry but I think the alpha/beta model is crap and just as bad as the feminazi stuff that I hear from bitter women. People need to be responsible for themselves. I don't like either because both just point the finger and cry victim. "We're not allowed to settle things like men and hit each other when we get mad! (sniff)" "Men are evil sacks of scum! (hiss)."

Here's a hint for relationships. Don't be a doormat and don't be a douche.

That is all.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think a lot of the hate for the whole "alpha-beta" topic comes from the thought that alpha is good, beta is bad and a person is only alpha or beta. World isn't black and white like that.

No, alpha isn't inherently good. It is about confidence and leading. It breeds attraction.
No, beta isn't inherently bad. It is about humbleness and hardwork. It breeds bonding.

Attraction without enough bonding makes short and only sexual relationships. Bonding without enough attraction puts you in a friendzone that you cannot escape if you try for a thousand years if you don't grow some balls.

And nobody is truly alpha or truly beta. It is a sliding scale. People aren't one-diensional, they have lots of different qualities.

These are my views, of course. There are a lot of different authors and views out there and that probably makes it a bit hard to get familiar with.

Bad boys are only interesting for so long. Most women grow out of this phase and find someone they can relax with after working all week.

Did you ever notice how elderly people all sort of look alike? Why would someone want to be with an elderly "bad boy?"

LOLOLOLOL

(I crack myself up.)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I honestly cannot understand this idea that alpha men are selfish, uncaring, narcissitic pricks. Where the hell did this notion come from? I dont understand how people can say an alpha is a leader and yet at the same time he doesnt have a caring bone in his body?

This makes no damn sense to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think its a conflation of two different phenomen

I was looking out the window yesterday and saw a teenage boy go by with three teenage girls in tow. They all seemed to be very enamored with him.

Five years ago, this little guy was amusing himself by killing neighborhood cats with an air rifle and throwing rocks at horses. Puberty hit and slapped an ingratiating smile on his face and now he's irresistible.

I don't know a name for the phenomenon, but it's real. Most men notice in their early teens that the 'Biff Tannens' of the world are never lonely. They're not attractive to all women and I don't mean to imply that at all. I guess in extreme forms, this would be actual hybristophilia.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If this is misandryst....

How is this not misogynist?

I'm sorry but I think the alpha/beta model is crap and just as bad as the feminazi stuff that I hear from bitter women. People need to be responsible for themselves. I don't like either because both just point the finger and cry victim. "We're not allowed to settle things like men and hit each other when we get mad! (sniff)" "Men are evil sacks of scum! (hiss)."

Here's a hint for relationships. Don't be a doormat and don't be a douche.

That is all.
The New Rules:

"Don't be a doormat and don't be a douche."

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think its a conflation of two different phenomen

I was looking out the window yesterday and saw a teenage boy go by with three teenage girls in tow. They all seemed to be very enamored with him.

Five years ago, this little guy was amusing himself by killing neighborhood cats with an air rifle and throwing rocks at horses. Puberty hit and slapped an ingratiating smile on his face and now he's irresistible.

I don't know a name for the phenomenon, but it's real. Most men notice in their early teens that the 'Biff Tannens' of the world are never lonely. They're not attractive to all women and I don't mean to imply that at all. I guess in extreme forms, this would be actual hybristophilia.
I guess some women go for psychopaths.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I guess some women go for psychopaths.
Like Ted Bundy, a serial killer who murdered scores of women:

"Handsome, arrogant, and articulate, he drew scores of rapt groupies to the jammed courtroom each day. Some were cookie-cutter blondes desperate to catch Ted's eye.... " -The Only Living Witness: The True Story Of Ted Bundy

This particular mental disorder is almost entirely an affliction of women. I don't think anybody really knows why.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Like Ted Bundy, a serial killer who murdered scores of women:

"Handsome, arrogant, and articulate, he drew scores of rapt groupies to the jammed courtroom each day. Some were cookie-cutter blondes desperate to catch Ted's eye.... " -The Only Living Witness: The True Story Of Ted Bundy

This particular mental disorder is almost entirely an affliction of women. I don't think anybody really knows why.
Probably some very worthless feeling women who think they deserve the worst of the worst. I'd go as far to say that most, if not all of those women are mentally ill.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Probably some very worthless feeling women who think they deserve the worst of the worst. I'd go as far to say that most, if not all of those women are mentally ill.
Maybe the Ted Bundy example is a bit too over the top. But when a man thinks a woman is hot, he will be more lenient to overlooking some major flaws. And just like that, when a woman thinks a man is attractive, she will be ,again, be more lenient to overlook major flaws.

In long term relationships:
A balanced person>douche>doormat>0

In short term relationships(dating/FWB/ONS)
A balanced person=douche>doormat=0

Sad but true. And to all of you are saying this alpha-beta stuff won't work on strong-willed women. How many people(men and women) do you know who are really strong-willed and has dealt with their issues? I have to tell you, not much. If there weren't so many broken down people, we wouldn't be having "No more Mr Nice guy" books, affairs etc.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
It's definitely a mental illness.

I wonder if its cause is a lack of self esteem or a disconnection from reality? Consider vampire stories for example. It wasn't men who made Anne Rice and Stephanie Meyer best selling authors, it was women.

The male vampire protagonist is usually extraordinarily handsome and/or wealthy, but he's also a creature that violently kills most of the women he comes into contact with. Even as a fantasy, what's the attraction in that? Is it the desire to be the special one that he falls in love with and doesn't kill? I can't wrap my mind around it.

At any rate, I think this does tie back into the perception that the so-called Alpha has a streak of bastard in him.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Exactly how I feel.... and very strongly at that.

The Alpha Traits are those associated with classic “manly man” strengths. Power, dominance, physical ability, bravery, wealth, cool and confidence. Oh and good genes. These are the things that attract women and turn them on sexually. The Alpha Traits are linked to the dopamine response in women.

Alpha = attraction building = Dopamine = In Love = Excitement.

The Beta Traits are those associated with the strengths of being a nice guy / “family man”. Kindness, being a good listener, the ability to help with the children, dependability, thoughtfulness, compassion and patience. These all create a sense of comfort and safety for the woman, and relax her because she feels that if she became pregnant, the Beta Trait male isn’t going to abandon her and the baby.

Beta = comfort building = Oxytocin / Vasopressin = Pair Bond = Calm Enjoyment"

So Alpha Traits create attraction and that “in love” feeling, and Beta Traits create the pair bond and makes her feel relaxed enough to have sex. You need a balance of both Alpha and Beta in a marriage to maximize her desire to have sex with you.

Attraction without enough bonding makes short and only sexual relationships.
This is the main reason I never wanted anything to do with those tipped ALPHA - they are the leaders in unemotional detached screwing around, since they could pretty much LAY anyone they wanted... this pretty much disgusted me - the allure was shot to hell when a cute guy had that sort of history.

Bonding without enough attraction puts you in a friendzone that you cannot escape if you try for a thousand years if you don't grow some balls.
I think Plenty of tipped Beta men are physically attractive....being a little shy & introverted never deterred me... I didn't need all that high falutin confidence that attracts other women...

The cute shy guy - in his own way.. was a mystery to unravel to see what was underneath all that. I prefer those types, I've always viewed them more Romantic, more Genuine...I love the Best friend/ Lover ideal.

Absolutely.... this is why I use the term "tipped" in front of each term. Are any of us perfectly balanced? ... even us women are tipped more Alpha or Beta....even at our BEST, we are still a little off... Some temperaments are naturally more ALPHA (like Cholerics...our assertive Leaders) and Phlegmatics are more Beta (they are the humble peace makers) ....striving for as much balance as they can in each is key....

We all know this will never happen. But I so agree with you !!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.