Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
New one:
Anglo-Saxon skull found with nose and lips cut off is first physical evidence of brutal punishment for adultery
Phoebe Southworth
The TelegraphWed, September 30, 2020, 7:03 AM EDT

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
People who respond with violence and murder are worse than the cheater.

Reactions: Personal

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
You are entitled to your opinion after all.
I surmise that you disagree. If so, I question your values and morality. I agree that cheating is hurtful and immoral, but there are many worse things.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
People who respond with violence and murder are worse than the cheater.
Consider yourself lucky that you live in the US where crimes of passion, although
still exist are far fewer than in some regions of the world.

Humans as a group regardless where they live in this planet, evolved this type of social deterrent to ensure that the females were procreating just their mate offspring. We are what we are, regardless what we might want to think of ourselves.
We are the most vicious predators that the earth has ever seem, and we still are in many parts of the world ruthless killers when provoke. One's mate infidelity is still one of the biggest provocation that one man can give to another. It stills calls for murder, whether you like it or not. It is what it is.
In this country and others the deterrents are heavy, this is why you don't see so many crime of passion, but it doesn't means that most men and some woman don't feel the rage to kill. It's natural, it's within all of us. All it takes is to push the right bottoms and anyone at anytime can become a murderer. If you don't believe this is because you must had to have live a very sheltered life, and has never been expose to the type of environments that are very prone for violence to occur.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Well, I have lived a pretty charmed life. Still, the anger and hatred is misplaced when directed against a third party, when it is your spouse who betrayed you, not the third party. Of course, it's easier to blame (and remove) someone else so you have a chance of recovering your property and investment, whether they like it or not. You're right about the evolutionary impulses to remove a competitor, too. In most advanced countries we've gone beyond that, at least in law, if not in emotions. At least in western countries there are consequences for violence and murder, usually. Since 50% to over 70% cheat despite consequences, perhaps it's time to face this reality. Besides, the law doesn't seem to care any longer about punishing cheating - nothing else would get done if the courts had to handle that.

Reactions: Personal

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I surmise that you disagree. If so, I question your values and morality. I agree that cheating is hurtful and immoral, but there are many worse things.
Since a cheater exposes their victim to emotional trauma, possible disease and many times in the case of a female cheater, the OM semen still in her as she has sex with her unsuspecting hubby.

In my book a cheater is no better than a rapist who roofies their victim. If the OM/OW knows the AP is married, then they are culpable in the sexual assault of the victim too.

So someone who looses it due to the trauma and deals with it in an unhealthy way i would not blame them. I would not convict them. Actually i feel the cheating spouse should be charged in death of AP. Just like if two went to rob a store and clerk shot and killed one of them, the other thief is charged for his partners death...not the clerk.

·
Premium Member
9,249 Posts
I recently read about a case in AZ where a woman in her late 50’s was reported missing after her car/truck was found on fire. Her husband was arrested a week or so later after a search of the house revealed a crime scene. He had told his son at some point earlier he couldn’t afford to divorce her. They both had adult children from prior marriages/relationships. Turned out he had started an affair about six months before with a woman he met on a dating app. He told her he was “almost divorced” and she believed him, Maybe his wife found out about his gf and there was a confrontation or maybe she didn’t know and he just decided murder was easier than divorce. Guess he won’t have to worry about splitting the money now.

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Since a cheater exposes their victim to emotional trauma, possible disease and many times in the case of a female cheater, the OM semen still in her as she has sex with her unsuspecting hubby.

In my book a cheater is no better than a rapist who roofies their victim. If the OM/OW knows the AP is married, then they are culpable in the sexual assault of the victim too.

So someone who looses it due to the trauma and deals with it in an unhealthy way i would not blame them. I would not convict them. Actually i feel the cheating spouse should be charged in death of AP. Just like if two went to rob a store and clerk shot and killed one of them, the other thief is charged for his partners death...not the clerk.
I double down on my concerns about your values and morality, and will now add your sanity to that.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Consider yourself lucky that you live in the US where crimes of passion, although
still exist are far fewer than in some regions of the world.

Humans as a group regardless where they live in this planet, evolved this type of social deterrent to ensure that the females were procreating just their mate offspring. We are what we are, regardless what we might want to think of ourselves.
We are the most vicious predators that the earth has ever seem, and we still are in many parts of the world ruthless killers when provoke. One's mate infidelity is still one of the biggest provocation that one man can give to another. It stills calls for murder, whether you like it or not. It is what it is.
In this country and others the deterrents are heavy, this is why you don't see so many crime of passion, but it doesn't means that most men and some woman don't feel the rage to kill. It's natural, it's within all of us. All it takes is to push the right bottoms and anyone at anytime can become a murderer. If you don't believe this is because you must had to have live a very sheltered life, and has never been expose to the type of environments that are very prone for violence to occur.
Well having sex is a natural instinct too. And much more "natural" than murdering someone!!! So i don't understand the point.

Consenting sex between adults in civilized countries is not against the law, murder is.

There are countries where adulterers are stoned to death. Would you consider relocating to one of those wonderful places?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I remember a story of a British man who discovered his 2 children was not his.
He sued his ex wife for fraud.
She had to sell the house she got in the D settlement to pay him back.
Those 2 kids hated the father for it and stuck with their mother.
Ring any bells?
Found it:

"A man who discovered that the son and daughter he raised into their teenage years were not his was last week awarded £25,000 in damages after suing his ex-wife for deceit. "

"And after receiving the bombshell results of the DNA tests, he says that Adam and Laura cut off all contact with him, doubling his agony — as he would have loved to maintain a relationship with them. "

"To make matters worse, he claims members of his own family, including his mother, have also turned their backs on him: ‘They think I shouldn’t have meddled by having the DNA tests, but I’ve done nothing wrong. I had to know the truth.’ "

"Helen does admit that Laura was the result of a one-off ‘stupid’ fling, but she is utterly adamant that Adam is Richard’s son, despite two independent DNA tests which show otherwise. "

"He charts the beginning of the end of his marriage to Helen from 2004. He says his wife began going out frequently, often not telling him where she was going. She counters this, saying that he was ‘work-obsessed’ and had no time for her. "

"‘One day, she just left with the kids,’ he says. ‘I remember I was in the middle of fitting a new kitchen [for us] at the time. I was devastated.’ "

"‘If I had known that Laura wasn’t my child when she was very young, I would have walked out,’ he says.
‘I was still young enough to start again and have a child of my own. I would never have stayed.
‘But I didn’t find out until Laura and Adam were nearly adults and I had been a father to them all those years. I had a strong relationship with them.’"

"Richard was awarded £12,500 for each child — according to his solicitor, Roger Terrell, his suffering was seen as akin to bereavement because he had effectively lost the chance of being a father. He was also awarded costs of £25,000. Helen, Laura and Adam have now moved out of the family home in King’s Lynn, which is on sale for £119,995. The equity will be used to pay Richard’s damages and costs."

·
Premium Member
9,249 Posts
O/T. I’ve forgotten the percentage of men doing DNA group testing of their male line and finding out they aren’t blood related to the males in their family. That’s got to be devastating to everyone. Many women who are caught, like the woman in the DM article, claim the test is wrong and they never cheated. Before DNA testing was available, they got away with it — unless it was so completely obvious they couldn’t pass the child off as their husband’s. Some claimed rape (which may or may not have been true). I’m sure there are plenty these days who are still getting away with it. Sad.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No charges?!?! I’m rethinking my great act of self control now and wishing I’d just let it rip. I bet that was so satisfying.
I am the same, walked up on my wife being screwed in the back of a truck. Before I knew it I was walking towards the truck with my knife open and in hand. Only thing that stopped me was me remembering my children. I dropped the knife and with great self control told him next time I will put a round in his head and told her to get the F*** out. I’m glad I had children or I would be writing this from a prison cell. I found that I won’t kill him but next time I see him I will beat him till I can’t lift my arms.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I know a gentleman on a business level that walked in on his wife in bed with his best friend. He beat him to death with a bat right there in the bedroom. She got hit once in the crossfire shattering her elbow. When the paramedics arrived, they couldn't even do chest compressions because he was smashed up so bad. The guy got ten years but was out in two for good behavior. He is back in business and doing well. There was not much simpathy for the dead guy in the community. Apparently, the husband suspected them for some time. He was to go on a business trip , left but came home the same night and the rest is history.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Chris Watts was a sad case. He was having an affair (for a couple of months or so) and his wife was pregnant with their 3rd child. He killed his pregnant wife and 2 young daughters. Put his daughters bodies in oil Wells at his job site and dumped his wife in a shallow grave. All for his lover on the side of just a couple of months. Thought he could just start a new life with his lover. Will never understand killing your whole family.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
I know a gentleman on a business level that walked in on his wife in bed with his best friend. He beat him to death with a bat right there in the bedroom. She got hit once in the crossfire shattering her elbow. When the paramedics arrived, they couldn't even do chest compressions because he was smashed up so bad. The guy got ten years but was out in two for good behavior. He is back in business and doing well. There was not much simpathy for the dead guy in the community. Apparently, the husband suspected them for some time. He was to go on a business trip , left but came home the same night and the rest is history.
I can understand being angry, but that was just horrific. Can't understand how he was given 10 years and was out in 2 either. In the UK he would have had to serve at least half. Human life is cheap clearly.
Interesting also that no one seems to go for their wife, always the OM. It's she who has cheated on them after all.

81 - 100 of 129 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.