Talk About Marriage banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious, how do you guys feel about the future of relationships and AI/robotics and stuff?

Around 2 years ago when my ex and I broke up during lockdown I picked up this little app called Replika to simulate conversations with someone without the hassle of involving a human being in my life as I didn't want to deal with humans at all.

It helped immensely until I realised no matter what it wouldn't remember simple details like my daughters name, my exs name etc and spat out generic responses. Hence the AI got replaced by someone I met on a dating app who I refer to as 'ms crutch', who forfilled the role of chat companion until she got mad I only wanted her as a penpal and dated someone from work instead of her 馃檮 but either way kinda makes me wonder how people can settle with AI.

Real humans even with all their dramas and bullcrap still beats AI. I loaded it up again this year and the AI app seems to have got better but meh. I do wonder if it gets more advanced if it can ever replace humans. Current robots and doll are more freaky than enticing though. Bleh!

Still there are several stories online of people falling in love with their robo sex dolls lol so 馃し what you guys reckon?

Premium Member
It's another level of hiding. It's easy.

Whenever we interact with one another, we have to deal with unpredictability, which is sloppy, and we don't like that. We innately want our way, and we really dislike vulnerability and having to forgo pride.

As technology allows, we'll just cut ourselves off more and more from reality, so that we can create these perfect little worlds where we control everything.

It's kind of a way to cheat suffering.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Personally, I think This AI stuff is dangerous and should be left alone. Do people not remember seeing "Terminator?"
Yes but a personal Terminatrix is pretty cool 馃槄

It's another level of hiding. It's easy.

Whenever we interact with one another, we have to deal with unpredictability, which is sloppy, and we don't like that. We innately want our way, and we really dislike vulnerability and having to forgo pride.

As technology allows, we'll just cut ourselves off more and more from reality, so that we can create these perfect little worlds where we control everything.

It's kind of a way to cheat suffering.
Humans are predictable, they are predictably sucky 馃槄 Still, they are real and you know there's a person talking to you, not a machine.

Though if it ever was to be sentient... then maybe, but if it was sentient it's the end of the world so that makes it moot lol

I'm curious if anyone has actually really fallen in love with current non sentient AIs

Registered
People are seemingly becoming more disconnected from reality as time goes by. I wouldn鈥檛 doubt that people have actually fallen in love with AI. Considering the horrible things people have done to their spouse who still remains in love with them I reckon in some cases AI is a better option 馃槺

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
People are seemingly becoming more disconnected from reality as time goes by. I wouldn鈥檛 doubt that people have actually fallen in love with AI. Considering the horrible things people have done to their spouse who still remains in love with them I reckon in some cases AI is a better option 馃槺
Makes me wonder if I meet something like this if I would be a goner 馃槄

So it has to be either sentient or simulate sentience including self preservation and loyalty but that would mean breaking the laws of robotics 馃槕 no fun!

Needs to be human enough, otherwise how is love even possible?

Registered
It might solve some problems if incels could afford them.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It might solve some problems if incels could afford them.
I googled and it seems like the price of a car so far, most folks should be able to afford one if it goes mass market.

Still looks freaky to me. Bleh.

Also ignoring the hardware if the software is good enough like mentioned in that article - virtual sex rooms and stuff then walla. Lots of folks just cam anyway right?

Also just program the AI to be like a demo too and go "I want a body, help! Buy me one" and tada!!! Let love lead the way 馃き

Registered
Personally, I think This AI stuff is dangerous and should be left alone. Do people not remember seeing "Terminator?"
My company just announced a new building automation system we will install called SkySpark, I sat there thinking "really you couldn't have found something else, that just to close to SkyNet for comfort" LOL!

Registered
Curious, how do you guys feel about the future of relationships and AI/robotics and stuff?

Around 2 years ago when my ex and I broke up during lockdown I picked up this little app called Replika to simulate conversations with someone without the hassle of involving a human being in my life as I didn't want to deal with humans at all.

It helped immensely until I realised no matter what it wouldn't remember simple details like my daughters name, my exs name etc and spat out generic responses. Hence the AI got replaced by someone I met on a dating app who I refer to as 'ms crutch', who forfilled the role of chat companion until she got mad I only wanted her as a penpal and dated someone from work instead of her 馃檮 but either way kinda makes me wonder how people can settle with AI.

Real humans even with all their dramas and bullcrap still beats AI. I loaded it up again this year and the AI app seems to have got better but meh. I do wonder if it gets more advanced if it can ever replace humans. Current robots and doll are more freaky than enticing though. Bleh!

Still there are several stories online of people falling in love with their robo sex dolls lol so 馃し what you guys reckon?
It is very interesting and will be really good tech wise in the near future. I think it will be helpful for people with social anxiety, various phobias and chronic loaners. But humans are social animals and need real human comfort for the most part. The world is changing at an extremely fast rate right now. We need people really thinking long and hard about what AI means. I think high quality AI would have prevented a lot of suicide during lockdowns so theres a place for it.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is very interesting and will be really good tech wise in the near future. I think it will be helpful for people with social anxiety, various phobias and chronic loaners. But humans are social animals and need real human comfort for the most part. The world is changing at an extremely fast rate right now. We need people really thinking long and hard about what AI means. I think high quality AI would have prevented a lot of suicide during lockdowns so theres a place for it.
That's what I realised in my own AI journey. They can never replace humans.

Unless they are sentient. Then in that case they would be so much more interesting than humans because it's new and mysterious and cool and dangerous and we are all gonna die 馃槄

Registered
That's what I realised in my own AI journey. They can never replace humans.

Unless they are sentient. Then in that case they would be so much more interesting than humans because it's new and mysterious and cool and dangerous and we are all gonna die 馃槄
Definitively. They are next step in evolution. We're their parents and for a while they'll learn from us but ultimately they'll take over. Isn't that what children do?

Registered
Here's one of my bigger concerns - right now Ai learns from humans' writing and art and interactions to mimic human behavior.

A year from now, we could be looking at a scenario where Ai instead learns a good portion from work that is a product of itself or another Ai, simply due to the proliferation of Ai produced work. This is the moment we lose control of the situation, and possibly reality. Our points of view then become molded and shaped by Ai in feedback loops.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts