Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi...everyone...
Have a problem and it looks like I have to do something about it ASAP....Or else I will go crazy for sure.....

well..the problem is old but resurfaced again..and this time It has shattered me completely....

well..what to do when the better half doesn't keep up the promise,even though he knows how much it means and in what circumstances he gave the promise...?
what to do when trust is broken for the second time?

what to do when the boundaries in marriage has no meaning for the better half?

I wonder if i want to call it quits...!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I don't think it matters what the details are. If someone breaks a promise and is not within the boundaries of your marriage than you both need to seek a therapist that can help you work through these issues. Calling it quits without trying to fix the problem would not be an option for me. If he is abusive than I would leave the marriage until he went through some major therapy alone first and then together to get the marriage back on track. He would have to deal with those issues on his own.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have to wonder what sort of promise you are referring to as well. I understand what happilymarried67 means, but you are asking advice if you should just call it quits. Despite the fact any trust being broken is an important issue that needs to be dealt with, the fact remains there are some broken promises that hurt much more than others. But to offer any personal advice on what I think, I would definitely need to know more of your situation.

Ultimately, however, you are the only person who can decide if the promise broken was sever enough to end your marriage. As an example, abuse and cheating are both things I would have a hard enough time forgiving even once, let alone twice, but for others those issues can be resolved and a marriage salvaged.

Still, it sounds very serious, and whenever I read people asking for feedback on issues that are obviously marriage threatening, my advice is automatically going to be the same. If there is any part of you that wants to make your marriage work, seek professional advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.