Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a question come up after scheduling what I consider to be minor surgery. The surgeon asked me to fill out a form with questions he felt needed to be answered.
The one that stumped me was :Whom to contact in the case of an emergency and/or should I not survive the procedure.
After considerable thought, I decided to donate any usable organs
since I really don't have any "surviving relatives" and haven't really had any for over ten years.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I still have two parents who survive me. Honestly if it were just my sister I'd rather have my 14y/o make a decision. But right now it's Mom followed by Dad followed by my best friend. It IS an odd thing to talk about - especially at a relatively young age.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still have two parents who survive me. Honestly if it were just my sister I'd rather have my 14y/o make a decision. But right now it's Mom followed by Dad followed by my best friend. It IS an odd thing to talk about - especially at a relatively young age.
I understand. But my situation is different in that I haven't had any living relatives for the last two and a half years. Before than,I just thought I did.
Didn't mean this utterance to cause any grief.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow...I am newly divorced, approaching 55 and childless. What you did was really a good idea and know you aren't alone. I have started to think about who I should trust with my estate...whatever small part is left...should something happen to me tomorrow!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.