Talk About Marriage banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Nobody does what she just pulled with the “polygraph”….
You are right to feel even more untrusting…..
But hey, why trust at all with what you know?
It’s obvious she’s betrayed you on multiple levels.
Agreed - we had talked about doing the polygraph but haven't really decided on my part. I was supposed to work on the questions I might want asked and she pull this stunt to circumvent me.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I think your wife is an untrustworthy floozy that is just buying a little more time until she can settle down onto another man’s kock. You have already accepted too much.
That may be true. Maybe not. But let's not forget what is true. The only proven cheater in this scenario here, is @zachherrington

So if you are going to call her a floozy, and she just might be....what is it you're calling him?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
on the stunt with the polygraph bull crap I think you know where you stand
and one way or the other when you need to have one trust is gone you might as well walk away from each other

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Fair enough ;)
I did cheat 9 years ago when we were exclusively dating. One of the biggest regrets of my life that I work to overcome every day.
Well I don't want to diminish your feelings here. They are valid. You both got back together, forgave, I'm assuming, and wanted to move on. So a new set of rules apply.

Forgetting to, or not blocking one of her past flings could be understood if it was LONG ago and just one of many contacts in her phone, social media, etc.

But I would have concerns about her contacting the mother to get one of them a present just in the past year of you being married. Why in the hell would she do that?

Reactions: zachherrington

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was under the impression polygraphs are not reliable.

If they were, we'd never really need trials to weigh conflicting testimony; both parties could just take a polygraph.

I also understand with preparation someone could "fake" a polygraph result, i.e. learn how to fool the test.

As an attorney, I'm sure your wife knows this, but for some reason got the idea it would work to shut you up. Did you first float the idea she should take one? I can't remember.

Unfortunately, if someone cheated, short of uncovering physical evidence of it, or them admitting to it, there's no way to know for sure. You either have to trust them, or not, and leave them/divorce them or not.

If someone is cheating, and you're not okay with it, you're better off keeping your mouth shut, and gathering evidence. If you learn enough to be fairly certain of it, hire a PI to confirm with pictures or other evidence that you can use in court.

·
Registered
16,029 Posts
No Part IV yet but as an update - I've gone through every record, bill, social media app and can't find any real evidence of adultery. However, trust is gone on my part and she has blocked people as she originally agreed to do and opened up all her communications for my review. Well, all but those that may come in on her office phone but I haven't asked to see those records yet ;). She wants to go to counseling and, no offense to anyone here, I don't really believe they do any good for people that have honest intentions to do right.

She has had a habit of "escaping" previous relationships after a few years roughly along the timeline of ours. I have every reason to believe this is the case now and she was dipping her toes into the water previously to see what interest she received. But I don't have enough to move forward with divorce based on what I believe in. I was probably too vocal about all these issues with her and should have documented and recorded more activity prior to exposing her actions. So I'm in a holding pattern for now - I just hate being in a relationship where I don't trust my partner.
The marriage isn’t broken she is. Marriage Counselors are notorious rugsweepers.
Do a deleted text recovery on her phone. If you want the truth. Which you don’t have.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts