Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on an impulse, I scheduled a consultation with an acupuncturist tomorrow. Now I'm getting a little nervous. A person at work got a lot of benefit for her stomach problems from seeing one, so I'm hoping that I can get similar results. However, there's still the fact that a great many needles are involved.....

Anyone been to one and can soothe my nerves?

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
I used to have it done by a genuine Chinese medicine doctor from Korea. It was great! All back pain was gone. The tiny needles aren't the least bit painful.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I use one fairly regularly to manage neural pain from a neck injury. For that it works. I have never used one for non orthopedic reasons and have no opinion on whether it would work for psychological or other medical purposes.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I haven't done it, but I did have it done to my dog. I noticed a difference in that he wasn't as stiff and was able to be a lot more active (like climbing stairs a lot more easily without pain). He wouldn't flinch at all when she put the needles in, so I can't imagine there would be much, if any pain involved.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm drawn to the purported relaxation benefits, but primarily am willing to give just about anything a shot at getting my stomach back to something like normal. I have a partial paralysis of my stomach that isn't severe enough for drug therapy. Which isn't entirely bad given how harsh I've heard the meds are. The side effects from the stomach problems are just becoming tiresome (literally) and I'm hoping there could be an effective alternative treatment.

I found a provider with excellent experience and credentials, so I figure it's worth a shot and doesn't sound like it could make things any worse.

Just cross your fingers for me, I'm going in this afternoon!

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
Acupuncture is awesome. Not in the least painful if you go to a pro. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So my back is a little tender, it's a little hard to just lay there for 25 minutes but hopefully it will help. I figure I'll give it 4 or 5 sessions and see how it's going.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.