Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have been together for 9 years, married and living together for 1-1/2 years. Last week she needed to visit her daughter in another city. She made living arrangements in the house of a single guy about our age, the father of a friend of hers who she has heard a lot about, but only met 1 time. She did not tell me about the arrangements, and has stayed in hotels previously. I found out when I overheard her telling her daughter about it and the fact that she planned to take him out for a few beers. When I objected, she became very defensive, insisted that there was nothing wrong with it and would save money. She did not change her plans.

I am very disturbed about this. She knows it, but insists that its my problem.

Any opinions about this?

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Major disrespect from your wife. Wow. I wouldn't do this to my husband on his worst day, and he's no peach!

How long was your wife planning to stay away? Why weren't you going? Need more info on this, but I'm really sorry for what you are feeling right now. I'd say you have every right to object to this arrangement and your wife's sneakiness about it makes me wonder... :/
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
It will be her problem when she gets back and you tell her you considered this as abandonment and acted occordingly by packing all her stuff up and placing it in storge.

Sure this may seem over the top but it will makes the point that you will not tolorate this from happening again while you help her move her stuff back home.

At the very least get some boxes and pack them up with her stuff and put them in the garage.....A statement needs to be made before it happens again.

Talks is cheap and she has little respect for your words so show her thru action you mean business and are confident in letting her go if she disrespects your attempts to protect the marriage agian!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She had planned to stay about a week. I am working, no need for me to be there, as it was a mother/daughter discussion.

Can you think of any circumstances that would make this a fair activity? She would explode if I did anything remotely like this to her.

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
So what, the accomidations are the issue...I regress the fact that you asked her to stay at a hotel like before and refused...that is the issue.

I wouldn't let her disrespect you like this, and sure she will flip out, but dude you have to command respect to get respect.

Let her get pissed, hell who knows she may take the boxes you packed and take off, but at this point to you really want to share your wife?

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
She had planned to stay about a week. I am working, no need for me to be there, as it was a mother/daughter discussion.

Can you think of any circumstances that would make this a fair activity? She would explode if I did anything remotely like this to her.
She met this guy 1x and lets assume that they have been incontact all along...well its safe to say long enough to be comfortable to stay at his house and go out drinking.

BTW your old lady is doing a very poor job in trying to cover up this affair. everyone know you don't talk about these kind of things over the phone when someone can hear.

Check her face book, install a key logger, and check her cell phone log....there is more here then you want to admit to.

Sorry brother she off the reservation and you are a city away working. Start looking my friend you will find out exactly what the circumstance are for these accomidations!

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
I would say she cheated. That's some shady behavior. Hells no.

·
Registered
10,815 Posts
I would say she cheated. That's some shady behavior. Hells no.
@that-girl, are you saying that if you met some guy one time and then desided to stay a week at his house its an affair?:D

Come on, doesnt every girl feel safe enough to meet a guy only one time and stay at his house for a week?:scratchhead:

Sonus, I hope you are looking into her phone log and facebook account? You owe it to your self to protect your self from any deciet from your wife that may be occuring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.