Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Affar"? between family members

How are you everybody. I am the new member and I am very happy to be here since we are going to help each other to get through some of our darkest moments of our life.

I was seperated with my husbnd. My sister in law try to take sexual advantage of me right after first week I met him. This put me in a very difficult embarrassing position. If I refuse him, he helped me in a great deal in my career and life. I have not done anything to express my appreciation. On the other hand, I don't even know him and I don't like him act in this way.

If I report to police. Nobody is going to believe me. Especially my sister will say you are the one who is seducing my husband because you are jealous at me. If police believe what I reported then it is going to be a disaster for my sister's family.

It is not a win win no matter what I do with such close family relationship.

I need your advise if you were in my shoes what you would do. thank you

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Re: "Affar"? between family members

If I refuse him, he helped me in a great deal in my career and life. I have not done anything to express my appreciation.

Certainly, you don't have to allow him to use you sexually in order to express appreciation.

I don't think the police have any grounds upon which they can act. "Hitting on" someone isn't a crime unless it's in the workplace.

Best thing I could recommend is talk to your sister privately about his behavior. Just you and her.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
In 1990, my brother-in-law try to take sexual advantage of me right after first week I met him. This put me in a very difficult embarrassing position. If I refuse him, he helped me in a great deal in my career and life. I have not done anything to express my appreciation. On the other hand, I don't even know him and I don't like him act in this way.

I tried to avoid him but during a trip my sister found out we had physical contact, and he even asked me to married him. I rejected him because that is totally across moral bottom line, that is number one, second, I don’t like him nither the kind of relationship. Following years there are several times he tried again, I simply refused him.

Till October 2013 my sister told me her husband is having affairs with multiple women, and even went on 5 days affair trip even when she found out and tried to ruin the trip. After he came back tearful saying that “never again”. Life went on as it never happened except to me. On a trip together with my cousin and my son she screamed and asked me to apologize to her due to a thing , an excuse. I know why so I did say sorry. But she kept screaming till I and my son had to leave hotel 2 AM to airport for the night.

She thought I am the first one to have affair with her husband then that caused her marrige.

In recent years she and her husband tried to control my elderly father (90 years old) by control over the phone call between me and my dad. I can’t even visit my dad.
This January my dad was hospitalized and dying, I was called to visit him in CA.
My sister setup the final meeting to say bye, my dad finished one sentence then stopped breathing since his lung function is failure, he breathing totally depends on oxygen. My sister then asked my dad if he had anything to say to me ? My dad then started Do not do any ****ing bad thing. I was shocked that he never asks me anything about it and listening only one side of story. After he passed away, I was informed that my dad’s will is now giving all his saving to my sister, instead of 50/50 between me and my sister in previous will. She even use the "affair" to bad mouth my reputation, evenually made my dad changed will. My sister has been revenging me controlling every move of my elderly dad. She never seeing that I am also a victim Who suffered reputation and lost the love from both sister and father, and my brother-in-law is now try to divorce my sister and expecting a new life with another lady? I have to suffer this my whole life; my sister is living the life full of hatred. I am so sad and deeply in depression, my nightmare many times woke up in tears and screaming. I am also sad for her, she had to dealing with such cheating and shameless husband. And I have been silence with all the anger that my sister was throwing at me. I have so much to say with her and that is why I am here. thanks

·
Registered
584 Posts
In 1990, My sister in law try to take sexual advantage of me right after first week I met him.
You already lost me. A "sister in law" is either the sister of your husband or the wife of your brother. In both cases, a sister-in-law is a she. When you say "right after first week I met him", who is the "him"? Your sister-in-law? Your husband? Your brother?

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
You already lost me. A "sister in law" is either the sister of your husband or the wife of your brother. In both cases, a sister-in-law is a she. When you say "right after first week I met him", who is the "him"? Your sister-in-law? Your husband? Your brother?
The incorrect but consistent use of sister-in-law used in conjunction with sister makes me think it is her brother-in-law. But...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for pointing ot the error.
I am sorry about the cofusion, the correcton is brother-in-law instead of sister in law.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I also am confused by your post. I will ask a few questions.

So to be clear, we’re you a child when this intimate relationship with your brother in law happened?

Also, you say he had helped you a great deal in your career and your life, but then you also say he had only known you a week?

If you were not under 18 when it happened, then it’s pretty understandable why your relationship with your sister was ruined...you had an affair with her husband.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
First, I am not having intimate relationship or the affair with him, it is him try to take advantage of me. I refused his sexual request, but have no choice when the only seat left for me to sit beside him during a long trip back to home. No wonder so many females do not report sexual abuse because they simply do not trust the society or upper management. When this kind of thing happened, it is better off saying nothing than speak for themselves, otherwise the result is that nobody will believe what you say, you ruin your own reputation.

I was abroad while my sister and her husband live in USA.

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
First I am not having the affair with him, It is him try to tae advantage of me.
I refused his sexual request, but have no choice when the only seat left for me to st besides...during a long trip back to home

I was aborad while my sister live in USA.
So... what exactly does take advantage of you mean? What can happen when sitting next to each other? What prevents you from not having contact with this person?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your questions sound like digging into the intimate details rather than giving out the positive opinion or help.

·
Premium Member
7,482 Posts
Your questions sound like digging into the intimate details rather than giving out the positive opinion or help.
This is because your story doesn't make sense. Did you or did you not have sex with your brother in law? What exactly happened? What does he do when he sits next to you?

You aren't going to get any help if you don't explain exactly what happened and what is now going on.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
" She never seeing that I am also a victim Who suffered reputation and lost the love from both sister and father, and my brother-in-law is now try to divorce my sister and expecting a new life with another lady? I have to suffer this my whole life; my sister is living the life full of hatred. I am so sad and deeply in depression, my nightmare many times woke up in tears and screaming. I am also sad for her, she had to dealing with such cheating and shameless husband. And I have been silence with all the anger that my sister was throwing at me. I have so much to say with her and that is why I am here. thanks"

Sue, I hate to say this, but without your sister being willing to talk about this, and being SO vindictive as to poison your Dad towards you before he died, I don't think you have any chance with her.
The only realistic thing to do is cut her out of your life. You DO NOT need all the negative BS she is feeding you. YOU cannot fix her, and you should ALSO not put up with her BS. If someone says that she told them you slept with her husband, just correct the story. No more, no less. They are going to believe who they want to anyway.
I just don't see any way around giving up any sort of relationship with her if she won't communicate.

The only other thing is that you should see a lawyer about contesting the will....

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
Ok. Well I felt it was relevant to form decent advice. If he is assaulting you, and you have to beat him off with a meat cleaver, I would say call the police! If he is patting you on the knee and calling you honey, avoid him. But all of this can be left in the dust if you just don't have anything to do with him. But that is not always achievable. So I asked.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the advice. I realy appreciated.

The reason for me make bring that up is wishing someday if she could read this and making her feel better. We are sisters no matter what.
Anyway it is too painful to think bout this anymore.You are right. let it go

·
Super Moderator
29,230 Posts
Re: "Affar"? between family members

How are you everybody. I am the new member and I am very happy to be here since we are going to help each other to get through some of our darkest moments of our life.

I was seperated with my husbnd. My sister in law try to take sexual advantage of me right after first week I met him. This put me in a very difficult embarrassing position. If I refuse him, he helped me in a great deal in my career and life. I have not done anything to express my appreciation. On the other hand, I don't even know him and I don't like him act in this way.

If I report to police. Nobody is going to believe me. Especially my sister will say you are the one who is seducing my husband because you are jealous at me. If police believe what I reported then it is going to be a disaster for my sister's family.

It is not a win win no matter what I do with such close family relationship.

I need your advise if you were in my shoes what you would do. thank you
Did you mean brother in law?

He can't be allowed to act like this.

Call in the law.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.