Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....when your wife decides to go off on you about something petty - on Christmas day - in front of her family members as we're all trying to open our gifts; which in return caused me to say something very rude back and then the whole room got uncomfortably quiet for a few minutes!

She can't even give it a rest on Christmas day!! :(

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah the fight was over me showing her brother a quick funny video on YouTube on my new phone today before we opened presents, and she walked in and became furious because she doesn't want either of us watching any videos for fear it might eat up usage on our phones too quick. In my opinion as long as we don't make a habit out of it we'll be fine, buuuut she felt strongly enough about it today to get all loud and rude with her whole family watching and things got a little ugly! And normally we never fight in front of our family and friends, but over the past year she has been violating that rule more & more to the point people are worried about us(and they should be)!

·
Premium Member
15,078 Posts
She can't even give it a rest on Christmas day!!
That's pretty lame, some people are just like that though it seems. Don't know what to say, personally though I would tell her to get fked after a while lol - you sure have patience.

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here it is again

the cel fone is just an iteration of larger problems

and given the sparsity of your post

and lack of personal insight

i don't know what they may be

but my guess is two fold

your wife is either controlling and insecure

or like many wives

married to an immature man

and worried about finances

moving past my guesses, however,

the one fact that is painfully obvious

is

you both need to grow up

neither of you is the center of attention at a family function

and neither of you has the right to hold the crowd hostage

to your, as you said, petty disagreements.
I think this can be said about 10 million married couples with the divorce rate being so high, but I'm sure in your marriage all is perfect - rosey - and bright and you and your husband are perfect people that we should all look upto. I could be wrong about that but this is how you come off in your posts and in your opinion giving(I'm picturing you wagging your finger back and forth), so I'm sure in real life most people tune you out as a result. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's pretty lame, some people are just like that though it seems. Don't know what to say, personally though I would tell her to get fked after a while lol - you sure have patience.
Well my patience ran out probably a year ago; and so after giving this 500 chances to work while trying to make personal changes to myself only to have her try and tear me back down, I am planning on asking her for a legal seperation in the coming year and if that doesn't sink in...........a divorce.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So this behaviour (fighting in front of family/friends) has only recently developed? Or has this been an ongoing issue throughout your marriage?

How long have you been married, by the way?

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
if i come off as wagging a finger

well my young friend

i am

and i'm sure you're correct

that there are those in real life

as well as on this forum

who tune me out

i just don't really care about that

i've lived more life than you

and simply wish to shake you up

wake you up

and here's the real good news:

i wouldn't waste my time posting back to you

if i didn't think you were worth the effort

and just for the record, i am a man

and my wife died earlier this year

but you're correct

things weren't perfect in our marraige

when she was alive

and they sure as **** are not perfect now
catch more flys with honey than a finger wag.

just saying>>>>>>

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if i come off as wagging a finger

well my young friend

i am

and i'm sure you're correct

that there are those in real life

as well as on this forum

who tune me out

i just don't really care about that

i've lived more life than you

and simply wish to shake you up

wake you up

and here's the real good news:

i wouldn't waste my time posting back to you

if i didn't think you were worth the effort

and just for the record, i am a man

and my wife died earlier this year

but you're correct

things weren't perfect in our marraige

when she was alive

and they sure as **** are not perfect now
I am sorry I got the genders wrong, but with sooo many people posting it's hard to tell us all apart sometimes unless we flat out mention who and what we are. I am also very sorry to hear about your wife passing. And I am not sure how old you are but I am going on 47 in a couple of months which is waaaay past being a young man or boy in my opinion, so no offense but I do not let ANYONE not even my 80 year old father talk down to or finger wag me for any reason, because as a grown man who's been through a lot already I will either tune you out or tell that person to shut the hell up. My wife doesn't seem to get that so I have already tuned her out a long time ago.

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So this behaviour (fighting in front of family/friends) has only recently developed? Or has this been an ongoing issue throughout your marriage?

How long have you been married, by the way?
Been married 7+ years, and no we did not used to do this but over the past year it's gotten a lot worse especially with her.

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
it matters little how much you've been through

and my reference to your age was not chronological

we have all been through our fire

as you continue to be argumentative

and as you say, tune people out

or tell them to 'shut the hell up'

you'll find as time goes by

you'll have the luxury of no longer having anyone around

who needs to shut up or be tuned out.

your kind words about my marriage are well received and appreciated.
Oh I will have plenty of people around me because most of my family and friends don't ever talk down to me of finger wag, nor do I ever try and do that to them because it's a mutual respect type of thing. ;)

·
Banned
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i can't help but think

your definition of mutual respect is

everyone agrees with you
Not at all, it's more like we're all adults and responsible for our own actions so they don't get on my case and I never get on theirs pretty much. It's a novel concept that millions of people are doing everyday - you should to try it sometime. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.