Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
For me ....

It was non stop exercising for a year or so. Drinking too much for a couple of years. Meaningless sex a few times.

That is what I did ..... Helped somewhat

What mended the broken heart was time and then eventually meeting someone else.
That is the easiest way.

Meeting a compatible, loving person.

Remember, most broken hearts have a hole in it.

Often times, a person of the opposite sex plugs the hole.

New, happy memories bury the old painful ones.

·
Registered
722 Posts
That's complicated, is the relationship over now? are you trying to forgive and move forward?. Lots of people here with lots of experience. Good advice to follow. Try to provide as much detail as possible so we understand what happened. How long have you been together? was it a long term affair? How did you find out?

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
From your name (My 8 yr mistake) it suggests you were the one to commit infidelity? Are you male or female, what were the consequences of this infidelity? Does your spouse know?
YOu need to tell us more so we can help you. This is an anonymous forum.

·
Registered
722 Posts
From your name (My 8 yr mistake) it suggests you were the one to commit infidelity? Are you male or female, what were the consequences of this infidelity? Does your spouse know?
YOu need to tell us more so we can help you. This is an anonymous forum.
Huh I thought the 8 year mistake was being with a spouse who ended up cheating. Hopefully we'll find out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would assume you made the 8 year mistake?
I was with her for total 8 years, married for 3 years. Complete waste of time. I wouldn't have even looked at her if I had even a faint idea of what she was capable of. Divorce is in process- a really tiring experience.

It was my mistake- knowing her, loving her, marrying her. If I wasn't with her she couldn't have cheated on me.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
I was with her for total 8 years, married for 3 years. Complete waste of time. I wouldn't have even looked at her if I had even a faint idea of what she was capable of. Divorce is in process- a really tiring experience.
Sorry you are here. Sucks. 8 years wasted on a cheater... Many here have gone through it and are ready to help. Keep on posting.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts

It was my mistake- knowing her, loving her, marrying her. If I wasn't with her she couldn't have cheated on me.
Very sorry you are here. PLEASE keep posting -- there are many folks on this site that have gone through this and can help you over the rough spots, provide counsel/ideas, etc..

Try to keep exercised, get enough to eat and sleep, and focus on YOU (do you have kids? If so, focus on them also -- if NOT, good for you, you won't need to even talk to her again after the divorce).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry you are here. Sucks. 8 years wasted on a cheater... Many here have gone through it and are ready to help. Keep on posting.
I've already forgiven her. She cheated because that is what she is. Drug addicts push/snort, drunks drink, cheaters cheat. It's solely her issue despite what what she says or believes. What really is an agony is the aftermath that the exposure brought. The OM begging me to convince his children to talk to him, OMW turning up at my parents place to convince them to set me up with her, and lesser said about to-be-ex and in-laws the better. I didn't sign up for the drama.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
"The OM begging me to convince his children to talk to him, OMW turning up at my parents place to convince them to set me up with her, "

!!!! WOW the OM had the nerve to ask YOU for help? You should have helped him to eat his own teeth. You are WELL out of this and since you can, you won't need to talk with her at all after this -- GOOD for you.

Did she say WHY she did this? Was it typical cheater speak -- it didn't mean anything, YOU were working too much/didn't pay enough attention to me/etc.??

Just wow -- they sound like nut jobs. Great that you are staying away...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts