Talk About Marriage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have been married for 4 years, and it seems as though we cannot get a long. We used to spend a lot of time together, and enjoyed our company. We used to be best friends. Now, I don't even know if we are going to make it sometimes. We have a lot of history. Two years ago, we lost our first child to an unexplainable thing, and instead of growing apart, we grew closer. We eventually conceived again, and had a beautiful daughter, who is the light of both our lives. Now, we have grown apart, she is VERY critical of everything I do, and our sex life is in shambles. We still have sex, but it is to the point where I don't do things right, or we are not happy afterwards, or I start thinking she is getting it elsewhere. I don't know, but it is very depressing and very scary to have such a strong relationship start falling apart. I want to save it, not only for our daughter, but also for us, because we are a couple that loves eachother dearly, and I want my best friend back!

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
Then step out of the mundane.

Get someone to watch your daughter so the two of you can enjoy a night out together once a week or even once a month.

If she does the house work the next time she goes out do it all for her. If you share it offer to go out shopping for food. The things she does as a chore even once in a while if she doesn't have to do it feels good. Take the kid out for a day so she can relax.

Try to sit down and communicate with her and listen.

"If you could have anything you want dear, what would it be?"

"A maid!" okay so clean for a day.

"To relax!" Cook a good meal for her.

The list could go on and on. Pepople fall into the mundane life and women are more sensative to the change of romance being forgotten. Ever draw her a bubble bath with salts? Back rub? Foot rub?

Be honest with yourself and here and you will discover the real issue.

I remember a psycologist once that I ask why he didn't answer my questions he promised in time of talking through them I would answer them myself. I did too. The same thing can happen here but you have to back off and say what changed? And why did it change? Did time get tough and you put in more hours to pay the bills and more tired around the house? Did your budget get so tight you could not afford to go out everyweek like when you were dating? Has your daughter become cement to the two of you always being in the house?

draconis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been halping a lot around the house, i have cooked almost all meals since we were married, and i am always picking up the clutter and cleaning the house, as well as doing the yard work. the thing i might have been lacking is taking care of the daughter, and i have improved immensley on that the last six months. I hardley ever even get a thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
Well, It sounds like you do quite a bit around the house, kudos for that. Have you asked her what the problem is? I mean really deeply?

"Honey listen, I want you to know with all my heart I love you and you are my best friend. Lately I feel like we are falling apart because I see x,y,z as problems. I want to know what we need to do to make us happy again."

draconis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts