Talk About Marriage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today marks 6 months since my XWW moved out. Although I'm not writhing on the floor in emotional distress, that sledgehammer called grief keeps pounding me in the gut at least once a day. I see her face, my best friend, smiling at me. My confidant, my lover, my wife. Suddenly, gone and in the arms of another. Looking at him with the same smiling face, his best friend, his confidant, and his lover.

Ten years of helping raise her 3 kids. All the caring loving things we did for each other... down the drain and destroyed by one horrible choice she made with her boss. The cold and callous way in which she left...out of the blue one day saying she was not in love with me anymore. Despite discovering all of her secret texts and phone calls, lies, blame shifting... From a woman that no one thought could possibly have done something like this...still denying it to this day. Why would I still have a deep love for another human that destroyed my heart? Why a half a year later and zero contact do I still have any feelings for her.

It was almost more cathartic the first 3 months to end my self-query with the words "SHE CHEATED ON YOU, SHE BROKE YOUR WEDDING VOWS". Now, when I utter those words, they seem empty. Like my soul. Now that the dust has settled she has her friends back, her family acts as if nothing has happened. She has won. I continue to feel the loss, every day.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
Today marks 6 months since my XWW moved out. Although I'm not writhing on the floor in emotional distress, that sledgehammer called grief keeps pounding me in the gut at least once a day. I see her face, my best friend, smiling at me. My confidant, my lover, my wife. Suddenly, gone and in the arms of another. Looking at him with the same smiling face, his best friend, his confidant, and his lover.

Ten years of helping raise her 3 kids. All the caring loving things we did for each other... down the drain and destroyed by one horrible choice she made with her boss. The cold and callous way in which she left...out of the blue one day saying she was not in love with me anymore. Despite discovering all of her secret texts and phone calls, lies, blame shifting... From a woman that no one thought could possibly have done something like this...still denying it to this day. Why would I still have a deep love for another human that destroyed my heart? Why a half a year later and zero contact do I still have any feelings for her.

It was almost more cathartic the first 3 months to end my self-query with the words "SHE CHEATED ON YOU, SHE BROKE YOUR WEDDING VOWS". Now, when I utter those words, they seem empty. Like my soul. Now that the dust has settled she has her friends back, her family acts as if nothing has happened. She has won. I continue to feel the loss, every day.
Can you elaborate on this? "still denying it to this day" who is denying what? Is she denying she had an affair to friends and family, to you or do you mean you are in denial.

I know how it feels, many of us here do. For me, 18 years, 2 kids together, half of our lives ... gone in a matter of months. I know it hurts dude and for those that vested everything and valued family, the relationship, even though we made mistakes along the way, it hurts but it will get better but only if you let it get better.

Let's just talk about this for a moment "she won"

Do you believe in God? Even if you don't, do you value integrity, honesty and being a good person? She may have 'skated' for the time being but she surely hasn't won.

There's not winning in losing between the two of you in situations like this. You can still win but it won't be in a game against her. It will be the game of life. You move on, you find someone and somethings that you love and love you back/give you back what you put into it. That is when you will have won.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Grief follows it's own timeline and it's healthy to be in touch with your feelings. I can remember the exact moment when I realized that I was no longer angry about my XW cheating, I can remember the exact moment when I was happy again, and I can remember the moment where I realized that I was healthy enough to allow myself to be in a future LTR with someone else if I should happen to meet the perfect person for me. The thing is you just can't rush this stuff. It will happen when you are ready. Now is a great time to work on self improvement to keep yourself occupied while you heal.

·
Banned
5,936 Posts

Dude, it has been almost four years for me. I still sometimes find myself feeling anger over every thing that has happened. But know this, better days are coming for you. Take the time to feel the pain and learn from the experience. Focus your energies on making a better life for your self.
It often seems like the other side "won". I remember thinking how my ex waltzed off into the sunset with her new friends, purchased a condo and was living high on the hog enjoying her new life.
More recently I have found out, she is on her third or fourth job since she took off. She has no relationship with our children (who any case think she is a shallow self centered narcissist). She is seeing some guy who has his divorced daughter living with him and he is raising his own grandson.
I just spent a long week end hanging out with those same kids, she has no relationship with. We had a great time. Apparently me having a relationship with my kids makes her angry. Karma always catches up with every one. So be a good person, treat others with kindness and all the seeds you sow will reap you more prosperity than you can imagine.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you elaborate on this? "still denying it to this day" who is denying what? Is she denying she had an affair to friends and family, to you or do you mean you are in denial.
When I suspected she was cheating I contacted the APs wife. Between the 4000+ copies of texts and phone calls at all times of the night, the location tracking by his BW showing the two of them together when my EWW said she was somewhere else, all the other signs that, only now that I am less emotional, now make sense, they both continue to deny. Both the APs wife and I are now divorced from the WSs and both EWSs are now saying they have gotten very close as a result of both going through a divorce and helping each other through it. How convenient.

I have been going to counseling since the first month. It has helped. Yes, I have a strong faith in God. Even stronger since this happened. This win-lose feeling is not something I chose to feel. But it does sneak in from time to time. I forgive her every day... for me. I was very close to both sets of her parent/stepparents. Her dad completely believes that she was unfaithful but she flat out denies it to him. I don't expect her family and friend to chose my side. She is their blood. It's just beyond frustrating.

·
Premium Member
9,223 Posts
Grief for the lost life takes time. It has its own timetable and you can't fast forward it no matter how much you wish you could. It takes as long as it takes. It will pass.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Rest assured "the boss" will be getting the same spiel. In due time, due time. Who in the right mind needs that.

With that said, you will heal and find better. When you do, it is then you realize what had was not that great.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rest assured "the boss" will be getting the same spiel. In due time, due time. Who in the right mind needs that.

With that said, you will heal and find better. When you do, it is then you realize what had was not that great.
I would think if the boss gets the same "spiel" the "spieler" will get "das boot"... I would like to hear about that.

How can a woman who seemed so together possibly think this will have a good outcome? Have an affair with her boss, who "was" married and an 11-year-old daughter. That's what I just don't get.

·
Premium Member
1,531 Posts
I would think if the boss gets the same "spiel" the "spieler" will get "das boot"... I would like to hear about that.

How can a woman who seemed so together possibly think this will have a good outcome? Have an affair with her boss, who "was" married and an 11-year-old daughter. That's what I just don't get.
Not that it makes it that much easier but the sooner you realize, reality as we know it, as a sane person knows it, is not even close to the same reality as what someone that is in the 'fog' or is a flat out narcissist. I am a analytical person a rational person that tries to figure everything out. In these cases, that doesn't work. Everything that in their mind is justified, can be justified and is a big misunderstanding and they are just following their own happiness and you should just understand.

If you haven't already, give this book a shot - https://www.amazon.com/Leave-Cheate.../ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

·
Registered
6,415 Posts

It is all unicorns farting rainbows in a field full of tropical Skittles. Then the rains come.

·
Premium Member
9,725 Posts
Six months really isn't that long, and its ok to grieve for a time. Currently she is renting way too much space in your head, which is normal so soon out, but eventually you need to kick the freeloader out. I had to literally force my cheater and his skank out of my head, because I finally came to the realization that I was the only one who was allowing them to be there... a place they didn't deserve to be. Also I knew they didn't give a single damn thought to me and were living their lives free and easy. So every time they came into my mind I started yelling at my mind STOP! Out loud whenever I was able to, which weirdly enough really helps lol...

·
Registered
12,739 Posts

Partly because you are romanticizing her and your relationship.

She didn't make one horrible choice she made a **** ton of them. She also wasn't the friend you thought you had, she was with you while it benefited her. She left when it didn't. That makes her a pretty crappy friend.

You need to start looking at this for what it was. You had a good thing as long as she wanted it but there was no loyalty. So she was kind of sucky. You can do better. That is the real issue, you are still thinking (partly understandably as it takes time for your brain to rewire) you are still thinking that she is your only path to happiness. That is not true.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Take it from they all realized the royally Effed up big time, either someone close to them lets them know or they're rotting conscious kick in a panic!

I'm know because my ex of 20 years has been trying to find her way back not sure why, probably to get a guilt free sleep or what
I showed the few text to my current wife she felt sorry for her, I decided to block her. As I want nothing to do with her, I can speak to my kids any time I don't need her trying to be my friend, that train left the station a while ago..

It's too late.

Good luck, and take the best care of yourself, work out travel
The best is yet to come believe this.

S1

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Certain dates will likely often be a trigger, but it will get better. You are grieving the loss of your dream. The cheating was about her--who she is or is not, not about you. Even if you were the perfect man--(no such thing ; ) --things likely would have been the same. Of course, they want to pretend their alliance is your fault--gas-lighting 101.

There is no gain in comparing your happiness to her currently perceived life. Karma will likely even the score, even many years later; but you should, by then, be in a place where you do not know or care. You are blessed to have supportive, caring children.

Vent here all you wish--we hear and support you. That's a win for sure.

·
Registered
16,580 Posts

Sounds like perhaps you're the winner!

You need to execute a fast post-separation "180" on her or you'll end up driving yourself crazier than a Bessie-bug! None of this is your fault, although you are undoubtedly the victim!

Mourn her loss, but you deserve far better out of life! Good riddance ~ you will survive!

·
Registered
16,580 Posts

Sounds like your the winner!

You need to execute a fast post-separation "180" on her or you'll end up driving yourself crazier than a Bessie-bug! None of this is your fault, although you are undoubtedly the victim!

Mourn her loss, but you deserve far better out of life! Good riddance ~ you will survive!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts

Won what?

She's an a-hole. She lied and cheated then went on with her life. You place such high value on her and her cheating ways and focus on her life and continue to tie yourself to her instead of placing the highest value on the only person that matters and that is you.

Not to be crude but have you gone out and been with other women? Had fun? A woman can always move on quicker because it's easier to entice a man with a wink and a smile. A little bit of a false economy because guess what your ex still has that character of not giving two sh*ts which allows her to sleep at night and "win" her life.

Time to get on with yours. Moping will only get you more heartache. By all means still be pissed at what she did, but don't reward her any prizes saying she "won" You rooted a cheater out of your life and continue to give her priority.

You believe she's won? That's sad man. Really sad.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
stillfightingforus: OMG. I wish I'd known about this book 6 1/2 months ago. This is a gem and should be required reading for JFOs. Thank you so much. I downloaded the Audible version and listened most of the day yesterday. This pulled the bag off from over my head. It is exactly what my EWW did. She is nothing but typical. Textbook. It also made me realize that I inherently did so many things right. While she was still in her "fog" I somehow found a shred of logic when she said she loved me but wasn't in love with me and she didn't want any maintenance. I filed uncontested with no minor children, without a lawyer. She signed immediately and the divorce was final 10 days later. $148.00 and she was out. Now, waiting for my heart to catch up with my brain.

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
stillfightingforus: OMG. I wish I'd known about this book 6 1/2 months ago. This is a gem and should be required reading for JFOs. Thank you so much. I downloaded the Audible version and listened most of the day yesterday. This pulled the bag off from over my head. It is exactly what my EWW did. She is nothing by typical. Textbook. It also made me realize that I inherently did so many things right. While she was still in her "fog" I somehow found a shred of logic when she said she loved me but wasn't in love with me and she didn't want any maintenance. I filed uncontested with no minor children, without a lawyer. She signed immediately and the divorce was final 10 days later. $148.00 and she was out. Now, waiting for my heart to catch up with my brain.
Here is her blog

https://www.chumplady.com/

She used to post here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.