Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't see this as any different than being self employed, being good with investments, or rental income. What is your struggle with this other than people's perception that aren't in your marriage?

As far as I know, most people would be impressed that he's able to make a good income outside of the 9-5 slavery. Try telling the truth once in a while and see it's not so bad.

·
Banned
2,626 Posts
My husband doesn’t work and still makes as much as money as me. He just has other source of income. We’re financially doing good. He just prefers not to work and stay home to take care of the kids as much as him can. He would do everything for the kids, to the point that I don’t have to do much for them. Schools, doctor appointments, sport events with them, you name it. Also, helping out with the house chores. I do the cooking and cleaning
Is that ok? I just feel uncomfortable when anyone asks me about my husband’s career, I usually just lie about his job instead of telling them that he’s a stay at home dad.
I'm concerned that you find your husband's choice to draw on passive income embarrassing. It speaks more to your own character than your husband's ability to provide.

In a way he has played the game of life very well and changed the rules to allow himself leisure and time with the kids. That makes him smarter than all us working stiffs.

The fact that you describe him as a stay at home dad and not your wonderful cunning husband is more a you problem than his problem.

I'm venturing a guess here, but I don't think you are all that attracted to your husband. If my guess is true, you are doing him and your entire family (yes the kids too) a disservice.

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
I’m confused… he has income so there must be something that you can refer to as his job. I make as much as my wife just playing around with day trading but that is not my real job. If I didn’t have my real job I would just play around all day but my job could be called investing, trading, in the market, options rolling or whatever. If you really don’t want people to know just say he is in the fixed liquidity market and nobody will really ask any questions.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm concerned that you find your husband's choice to draw on passive income embarrassing. It speaks more to your own character than your husband's ability to provide.

In a way he has played the game of life very well and changed the rules to allow himself leisure and time with the kids. That makes him smarter than all us working stiffs.

The fact that you describe him as a stay at home dad and not your wonderful cunning husband is more a you problem than his problem.

I'm venturing a guess here, but I don't think you are all that attracted to your husband. If my guess is true, you are doing him and your entire family (yes the kids too) a disservice.
I'm always amazed at how fast the TAM detectives here can pick up on issues like this. Yea, she describes a great husband and provider but then has a problem with it. She's the problem!

·
Premium Member
20,448 Posts
I'm always amazed at how fast the TAM detectives here can pick up on issues like this. Yea, she describes a great husband and provider but then has a problem with it. She's the problem!
Why is this?
Why this doubt and guilt of hers?

The village raises the child.
They shape "the way it ought to be".

That, keeping up with the Jone's blueprint.

She should thank her stars that Greenwich Village, in NYC, was not her husbands village.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.