Talk About Marriage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been with my fiance for a good 12 years and we have three children. I'm not sure why we are not married at this point, perhaps it is because we both have issues with commitment. I'm perfectly happy wearing the ring and living the life and not actually having the papers that say we're married. Is there something wrong with that?

Anyway that's not why I'm writing. We've been together for 12 years, in the begining of our relationship, he cheated on me while I was pregnant with our first child. From which I contracted an STD. I forgave him. His apology seemed really sincere. I forgave him. Later on down the line, I'd say at our 8th year together, he attended a party where sexual activities were taking place. He couldn't keep his hands to himself, and touched his friend's wife. (just touching, no sex) I forgave him for that because technically there was no sex.

So I decided I was going to rebell and have myself a little fun as well. Since then I think I've done more in the way of cheating than he has, it's been two years now, a few sex partners. With me, it's just sex and fun, no emotions. He is the only one I love. I know he feels the same about me.

Well a few days ago, he told me that he'd cheated on me again in the month of December and contracted another STD. WTF. In all honesty, I don't really care that he had sex with someone else. Could it be because I knew I had been cheating too?

My concern and greatest fear, is contracting something that I won't be able to get rid of. He obviously does not use protection. I'm at a cross roads. I feel like anyone else would leave him. I don't want to give him the opportunity to give me that deadly disease, but I can't imagine not being with him. He's a good guy, and we have an excellent relationship. Hardly ever fight. But its not fair that he does these things to me with basically no reprecussions.

I know this would probably complicate things a lot, but I want to suggest to him that as a possible solution, we Swing with rules. At least that way we can both get those urges taken care of and we both would be there and aware of what's going on. I would know who he was with and verify that he is wearing protection. At least before I just let him go. But I don't think he'll go for it. If that's the case, I'm thinking of seperating from him for a while. What do you think?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.